Status Update 17th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 17th August 2017

Post by Violator31 »

Nice update. And the edit on the update was outstanding. Not only for the fact that you are willing to acknowledge the customer complaints, but the speed in doing so. GREAT work.
The idea of "Deeper not wider" seems to be working very well.
Sheds....!!! This has been asked for for a very long time. Thank you. And for them to have a score & a leaderboard is icing on the cake.
I read the update yesterday & before reading this thread I thought I would check out the bait management option. So I picked one of my feeders & filled it up. Just a test. Then I had the same thought as so many others. This morning I went back to it to see if there was something I missed. I saw the added feature & I wondered if I had just missed it yesterday. :roll: Then I finally read this thread & found out what happened. Thanks again.
JimboCrow wrote:I hope they add Taxidermy Multi-packs to the Store as well. I could use the discount. :?
Interesting...... That's a nice idea.
xOEDragonx wrote:Thank you for addressing this so quickly! I'm now really looking forward to using this new feature. No matter what anyone else says on these forums, the team at EW continues to impress me. Your willingness to communicate with your customers no matter how gritty it gets and your efforts to add to and improve this game based on our feedback go above and beyond any responses I've ever seen from another game development team. No one is perfect, and this game has it's moments where it's also far from perfect, but knowing that the team here is willing to listen to our feedback and act upon it if it's reasonable and possible to do is awesome. Great job guys.
As for the monetization of the feature, let's try not complain too much. They're a business, they didn't create this feature just to make people happy, they did it to improve the game that pays their bills thus making you want to pay more. They've been very transparent about their intentions with these premium features. If you don't want to pay for it, continue to use the old free method which is still available to everyone, or use the alternative free currency that's earned in the game. Nothing about this feature, or taxidermy, or trophy shot poses is going to hurt you or hinder your ability to play this game as you have in the past if you don't use them. What would hurt is when they shut this game down for good because it's no longer a profitable venture for them.
I couldn't agree more.
stancomputerhunter wrote:I have so many flags, tri-pods, tree stands in close proximity, I could never get the cursor on the feeder to find out its status! :lol:
Mouse over the bait site on the left side. I window pops up on the map showing the status.
But on that subject, since like you said, so many items stacked so close, I have been thinking lately that it would be nice to see decoy bundle positions on the left side as well. I don't think the number of decoys would be necessary just the fact that they are there. What prompted this was, I knew how many of the predator motion decoys I own but I could not remember where one of them was due to the icon stacking issue. If there was an icon to mouse over in the same column with the tents, tripods, feeders, etc it would be helpful. Not a deal breaker issue or request, just my feeble brain thoughts. My Turkey decoys get lost in the icon stack also...... (they say the memory goes first - so excuse me for forgetting where I dropped all of my belongings.
(I'm sure glad I always try to remember to preview my posts Stan...originally I said a widow pops up)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Thanks for your understanding and for quickly implementing that last change. Now I will use the refill services. :D :D

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
TheColton

Post by TheColton »

Alena Rybik wrote:For years people have been asking us to add more use and value to gm$, and now we finally did it with taxidermy fees and the bait site management feature.
What I dont really get is why the value of gm$ differs so much. Why are there totally random exchange rates compared to em$? If i want to taxidermize something its 200gm$ for 1 em$, for bait refill its 40:1, for tracer arrows 16:1, for scent lures 31:1...just to give a few examples. Would make more sense to me if there would be a fixed exchange rate for two co-existing currencies. What are the reasons for differences of more than 1000%?
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites.
Your team Rocks! Thank you for this.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

I've been away from the game for a few months (after long inventory and map loading issue appeared). But I always read every status update. I was quit negative about the game in the past but all I can say now is Im impressed and very happy to see the game heading to right direction imo. I like the last animals, love trophy lodge, this bait refilling system. I dont know is it because Alena is behind the wheel (I think it is) but I like what I read in Status Updates. We have the things we were asking for a long time. Nastiest bugs are delt with quite eficiently (I know there is still a few around, but the worst ones gone). I feel like the game catters for players needs more then ever. I dont have the problem with EW monetising premium features too. This is a reason I came back to the game, bought a membership and 5000Em$. Thanks for luring me back EW. :)
Quick word about hitbox bug was mentioned in this thread. I was shooting at the black bear from 20m with Snakebite in Darkwood lodge archery range and all the shots were showing body. Couldnt get lungs, heart, intestine or anything else. I got hipbone ones. Hope it helps.
And finaly a small suggestion. I would realy like to see a bundle of tents, tree stands and other large equipement in the store. I would love to buy lots of tents.
Last edited by saldas1983 on August 19th, 2017, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yeah tent bundle, tree stand bundle would be amazing!! Also a consumables bundle :)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites. Attention: you first need to pick the amount of bait you want to fill a specific bait site up to. I.e. if I want my bait site to have 40 baits in it, I would choose 40, regardless how much is left in my bait site. After that you go to the bait site you want to refill and click Refill. The system automatically takes from your inventory the amount of bait needed to fill the bait site up to the desired amount and adds it to the chosen site. Eg. I had a site with 5 bait in and I want to have 40 in it, I choose 40 in the top right corner of the UI, click refill button next to that feeder / barrel and 35 bait get consumed from my inventory (40-5=35). That's it. Please note that cost per service is the same, regardless how much bait you put into your bait site. Enjoy!
I applaud you for realizing the oversight that was pointed out, and not taking as an attack against EW, or anyone involved in the creation of this feature. Obviously the perspective used was more focused on getting the most for the fill cost, and why you asked why would anyone not top it off. Once you received the answers you saw it from the other side of the fence, and acted swiftly to correct it right away.

I also Applaud Luna for coming up with a solution that must have been a relatively simple to implement based on how fast it was done.

I am glad it is set to what you want to end up in the feeder instead of how much to add. That amount is what is important since that tells you right away how long the site will be active for from that time on.

Now I saw some mention of the wording on filling not intuitive, but I guess you already addressed that as well since "fill feeder up to" seems quite intuitive to me.

Good Job all around!
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites. Attention: you first need to pick the amount of bait you want to fill a specific bait site up to. I.e. if I want my bait site to have 40 baits in it, I would choose 40, regardless how much is left in my bait site. After that you go to the bait site you want to refill and click Refill. The system automatically takes from your inventory the amount of bait needed to fill the bait site up to the desired amount and adds it to the chosen site. Eg. I had a site with 5 bait in and I want to have 40 in it, I choose 40 in the top right corner of the UI, click refill button next to that feeder / barrel and 35 bait get consumed from my inventory (40-5=35). That's it. Please note that cost per service is the same, regardless how much bait you put into your bait site. Enjoy!
Awesome... thank you.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i'm not sure. so maybe someone could answer or direct me to the post that explains where the bait is draw from. when i remotely add bait to a barrel, is it draw from my inventory or is my wallet charges for the cost of the bait?

excuse my ignorance .... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

It takes it out of your inventory. If you go in to Game Management/Bait and hover over any orange REFILL tab it will show how many refill services you have left, and how many baits you have left in inventory.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”