The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 11th August 2017

Post by Hawkeye »

DHRifleman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
While the santa and marx remarks may have been a bit over the top, the message is what we see now is not good in those two areas, and should be fixed. If no one commented on the appearance of the bad fur part, what you see is what you would get.
Trim the fur in the two areas way back, and it will be a nice looking interpretation of a bobcat for this game, and up the hunter standards.
Hardly. The animal has yet to even begin testing.
Are you saying the fur looks fine as is?
I'm saying that it has yet to enter testing. You stated "what you see is what you get", and I'm saying that's not how it works. I'm confident they'll release a good looking cat.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Hardly. The animal has yet to even begin testing.
Are you saying the fur looks fine as is?
I'm saying that it has yet to enter testing. You stated "what you see is what you get", and I'm saying that's not how it works. I'm confident they'll release a good looking cat.
Problem being, the fur on the neck and chest is already wrong as it is, simply because...well...bobcats do not have that thick hair on the throat and stomach. Lynx do, not bobcats. I hope EW is doing their research on Bobcats and not mixing them up with Lynx. So even before testing begins, that hair needs removed. Testing an animal that is already wrong is pretty irrelevant. Some Bobcat pics for you. You will see that it does not have that thick fur on the throat or stomach.

...and now a Lynx. See the confusion there? It does have the thick fur in said areas:

And actually, upon digging deeper, Lynx do not even have that kind of fur in those areas, so not only do I stand corrected, I am also now baffled as to where that fur on the model is coming from?
I think actually theSheWolf had it correct, that it's just a case of the rendering against a flat background. We'll see.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for the feedback on the bobcat everyone, although it's a shame that some of you felt the need to express themselves in a mocking and not-so-respectful way. We highly respect your experience, knowledge and feedback and we would like to ask for the same respect back. This is the only way we can continue developing this game in the harmonious relationship and active communication between the community and dev team, that we've worked on establishing for so long.

As for the bobcat renders I shared in the status update; as I wrote, those are early work in progress and what you see is not what you'll get. In addition, they were rendered in the tool called Maya, as we primarily wanted to share with you the animations. This tool is not the best at showing fur, and the final result in Maya is not only different from what you would see in another software, it's sometimes very different from what you'll see in game. It was my bad showing them to you without clarifying this, in the future we will wait until we have an animal in game before sharing anything visual.
BucksNBuffalo wrote: Problem being, the fur on the neck and chest is already wrong as it is, simply because...well...bobcats do not have that thick hair on the throat and stomach. Lynx do, not bobcats. I hope EW is doing their research on Bobcats and not mixing them up with Lynx. So even before testing begins, that hair needs removed. Testing an animal that is already wrong is pretty irrelevant. Some Bobcat pics for you. You will see that it does not have that thick fur on the throat or stomach.
No, we never do any proper research on animals before making them. And we definitely can not differentiate between Lynx and Bobcat, it's way too subtle a difference that we feel is unnecessary to be reflected in the most realistic hunting game ever created ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Alena Rybik wrote:Thanks for the feedback on the bobcat everyone, although it's a shame that some of you felt the need to express themselves in a mocking and not-so-respectful way. We highly respect your experience, knowledge and feedback and we would like to ask for the same respect back. This is the only way we can continue developing this game in the harmonious relationship and active communication between the community and dev team, that we've worked on establishing for so long.

As for the bobcat renders I shared in the status update; as I wrote, those are early work in progress and what you see is not what you'll get. In addition, they were rendered in the tool called Maya, as we primarily wanted to share with you the animations. This tool is not the best at showing fur, and the final result in Maya is not only different from what you would see in another software, it's sometimes very different from what you'll see in game. It was my bad showing them to you without clarifying this, in the future we will wait until we have an animal in game before sharing anything visual.
BucksNBuffalo wrote: Problem being, the fur on the neck and chest is already wrong as it is, simply because...well...bobcats do not have that thick hair on the throat and stomach. Lynx do, not bobcats. I hope EW is doing their research on Bobcats and not mixing them up with Lynx. So even before testing begins, that hair needs removed. Testing an animal that is already wrong is pretty irrelevant. Some Bobcat pics for you. You will see that it does not have that thick fur on the throat or stomach.
No, we never do any proper research on animals before making them. And we definitely can not differentiate between Lynx and Bobcat, it's way too subtle a difference that we feel is unnecessary to be reflected in the most realistic hunting game ever created ;)
Yeah, I didn't think any research was done. Throw a dart at a few pics, couple more swigs of beer, get to rendering. :P :lol:
No, I didn't mean that in a bad nor mocking way. Of course I know better than that. I was not implying that there is no research done, was just meaning it's easy at times to get em mixed up because they do look incredibly similar in their summer coats. Should of been a bit clearer, that's my fault.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Well im not sure if this pics is only drafts... but im pretty sure do you remember "plastic" roos... Buffalo just write some hints, there is no point of insult in this... We all just want perfect new animal, thats all. We are paying customers... We can criticize the things that we will pay for.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Thank you for the update Alena and for the Bobcat sneak peek!!!
It looks great and i'm really looking forward to the final product!!!
We've been asking and waiting for so many years for such an animal to be introduced in TH and now that it is finally introduced, some of us start waving flags,nagging,pointing fingers,demanding,showing lack of respect for people doing their job and willingly showing it to us...etc.
Come on guys,be patient and enjoy the prerelease period , as we did with previous products, until final product is on.
After the final product is released and in the mostly unlikely case that it looks way to far from the real one, there is always the chance (and EW has proved it before on several occasions) that it will be changed accordingly.
I'm not trying to point a finger on anyone,really, or to be "the good boy", "a smart ass", on a payroll by EW, a sucker or anything else some smart guy in the forum might thing and start pointing fingers on me. I'm just saying that it is a game (best in my opp) and it's purpose should mainly be to enjoy us in our spare time,as long as it works correctly of course! :D
Life is hard in general, so i don't want to also make it hard and miserable for me while playing a game or make it hard for people doing their job the way they think they should! :)
Peace and respect! :)

P.S. I will probably not respond to anyone who might get personal with me or insult me in any way, so hold your horses and do not waste your valuable time! I'm just expressing my humble opinion,as everyone else does. ;)
meg

Post by meg »

Hi Alena.

Would it be possible to allow doing the .270 missions with the rifle we got buying Call of The Wild ? It would be very kind of you guys.

Also : yay cats ! And double-yay in the Bayou !!! <3
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

meg wrote:Hi Alena.

Would it be possible to allow doing the .270 missions with the rifle we got buying Call of The Wild ? It would be very kind of you guys.

Also : yay cats ! And double-yay in the Bayou !!! <3
Sure, apologies that it hasn't been taken care of earlier. We are on it.
meg

Post by meg »

Alena Rybik wrote:Sure, apologies that it hasn't been taken care of earlier. We are on it.
Oh great ! Thanks again !
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

meg wrote:Oh great ! Thanks again !
And now I have the music from Alf stuck in my head for the rest of my day :?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”