Status Update 4th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Jackson11
Scout

Re: Status Update 4th August 2017

Post by Jackson11 »

Yes, a cat!!!!! Meow baby.

My theHunter name: Jackson011 Youtube: Jackson011 theHunter (no videos yet though :D ) Twitter:@jacksonmcox
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

a cat being added to theHunter is a great thing indeed 8-) .wanted one for years.do bobcats like water ? not familar with them myself and Rougarou got me thinking. :D
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Why are the bobcats not going to be on Settler Creeks, they deserve it way more than loggers point. I personally have shot like 5 irl, and they do not like open country, instead they prefer thick brush.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Why are the bobcats not going to be on Settler Creeks, they deserve it way more than loggers point. I personally have shot like 5 irl, and they do not like open country, instead they prefer thick brush.
In the July 27th status update, they mentioned none of the reserves are final yet and are subject to change.

From the July 27th status update:

"The 40th resident of the EHR will live on Logger’s Point, Whitehart Island and Rougarou Bayou (preliminary reserves, still subject to change) and our vision is that it will be an extremely challenging animal to hunt. We’ll see where we end up at the end of the development and testing phase though. So, any more ideas?"
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

.....and how about we dont devise some new lure, lets just use the jackrabbit, i use it all the time irl for them
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Why are the bobcats not going to be on Settler Creeks, they deserve it way more than loggers point. I personally have shot like 5 irl, and they do not like open country, instead they prefer thick brush.
Our original plan was actually to add bobcats to SC, but we had to abandon that idea, because they are rather small and it's almost impossible to see them in the tall grass there. We will do some testing and see how it works there.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Alena Rybik wrote:Our original plan was actually to add bobcats to SC, but we had to abandon that idea, because they are rather small and it's almost impossible to see them in the tall grass there. We will do some testing and see how it works there.
Smaller than Turkeys? :shock:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:Our original plan was actually to add bobcats to SC, but we had to abandon that idea, because they are rather small and it's almost impossible to see them in the tall grass there. We will do some testing and see how it works there.
I Asked in the livestream yesterday about the size, they will be smaller than Coyotes they said (yeah it will be hard i quess) ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

There are rabbits on SC that they could feast on, but maybe adding a 7th animal there could cause issues.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
I Asked in the livestream yesterday about the size, they will be smaller than Coyotes they said (yeah it will be hard i quess) ;)
The bobcat is about 1.5x the size of a red fox. Since they have cottaintail rabbit on SC and bobcats are larger than them, I see no reason why the bobcats would not work on SC.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”