Status Update 4th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update 4th August 2017

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Alena Rybik wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:Why are the bobcats not going to be on Settler Creeks, they deserve it way more than loggers point. I personally have shot like 5 irl, and they do not like open country, instead they prefer thick brush.
Our original plan was actually to add bobcats to SC, but we had to abandon that idea, because they are rather small and it's almost impossible to see them in the tall grass there. We will do some testing and see how it works there.
Easy peasy Alena, to use your own words, :lol: ..shorten the grass..might even be able to see a Cottontail now and again.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

In the forrested portions of SC there is fairly low vegetation(vs. the fields), that is where I would expect to find them, could it work in there?
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Ok, we shall try it again (bobcat on SC). But are you sure it will give you enough incentive to go there? We will have them on both LP and WI which are much "easier" and have almost the same animals.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Alena Rybik wrote:Ok, we shall try it again (bobcat on SC). But are you sure it will give you enough incentive to go there? We will have them on both LP and WI which are much "easier" and have almost the same animals.

I think maybe it will make it a challenge. Maybe it also makes towers and treestands important. Because it might help to see down through the tall grass. But without knowing how small and how to hunt/lure them this is a guess :lol: I can't wait!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I wouldn't mind trying them there, Alena. They have to be bigger than a cottontail...yes?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Ok, we shall try it again (bobcat on SC). But are you sure it will give you enough incentive to go there? We will have them on both LP and WI which are much "easier" and have almost the same animals.
Much easier should not be the way of hunting a Bobcat.
If we want the incentive to hunt them than don't put them on 2 easy places like WHI & LP or 3 different maps.
RB & SC is the best map habitat for bobcats, leaning toward RB as the better of them 2.. and if they're only on 1 map that is the incentive to hunt them there.
Just don't forget to add the alligator on RB while you're at it... :lol:
Remember the Feral Goats, it seems so long ago........... do you really think it could compete with an excellent trophy animal such as an Axis deer?
please don't make the mistake again where you put a not so favorite animal.
Just think of it this way..... you can have the most fantastic looking map made, but without some good quality animals to hunt the map it isn't worth going there or it will not last as a popular place.
Have a good 1.......................GAS
Last edited by gas56 on September 4th, 2017, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Gas... RB needs a good dose of Napalm :lol: I can't stand that map.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Gas... RB needs a good dose of Napalm :lol: I can't stand that map.
Napalm? that sure sounds like Hell....... :lol:
Answer me this.... what is the reason why? (as if I don't already know)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Ah the water crossings are one of the biggest... let's say patience testers. The fact that every species on the map is hunted easier else where. It's also not very visually nice... compared to the other maps :) ... hmmm
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Ah the water crossings are one of the biggest... let's say patience testers. The fact that every species on the map is hunted easier else where. It's also not very visually nice... compared to the other maps :) ... hmmm

So the map is not so visually stunning for you eh?
You know all of the Duck hunters go there,... cuz that's where only the ducks can be hunted right?
So if you found 1 animal type that you like to hunt and it could only be found there and no where else, would you go there to hunt it?
Have a good 1.........................GAS

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”