Status Update 27th July 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 27th July 2017

Post by Ravenousfox »

Nice update!
Squirrel please!
Good to see WHI is getting another animal, been AGES since a new animal was added to the old maps. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Ravenousfox wrote:Good to see WHI is getting another animal, been AGES since a new animal was added to the old maps. :)
Literally, Cottontail Rabbit was last, over 3 years ago. I'm especially happy that it will roam RB though.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Good job, EW.

I really glad the new specie is coming to RB.
I can't remember the last time I was in RB! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

kevin2106 wrote:
Lawger wrote:I'm pretty sure it's some sort of feline. Four legged, furry and challenging to hunt. Plus they mention new mechanics and stuff.
kevin2106 wrote:thought it might me fallow deer, but they would HAVE to be put out in Hirschfelden as they are native in Germany.
Fallow deer is not native to Germany. It's an imported species, it's native to the middle east.

Ok maybe not native, but you get my point here... there are a lot of fallow deer in Germany, and if it comes to the game i think it has to go to Hirschfelden

Unless hirsch expanded its borders I'd say it would have to go to a new European reserve. Isn't an empty field or tree as it stands now.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Mountain Lion.............Please
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hifisch wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Good to see WHI is getting another animal, been AGES since a new animal was added to the old maps. :)
Literally, Cottontail Rabbit was last, over 3 years ago. I'm especially happy that it will roam RB though.
Cottontail rabbits were never added to WHI, it was Logger's Point and Settler Creeks.
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hifisch wrote:
Cottontail rabbits were never added to WHI, it was Logger's Point and Settler Creeks.
Of course they are on WHI. Just... a bit harder to find. ;)
No seriously, I meant that this was the last species added to an older map, not particularly Whitehart.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hifisch wrote:Of course they are on WHI. Just... a bit harder to find. ;)
No seriously, I meant that this was the last species added to an older map, not particularly Whitehart.
Gotcha. If you look hard enough, you can find anything on WHI. Even bigfoot ;)
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hifisch wrote:Of course they are on WHI. Just... a bit harder to find. ;)
Gotcha. If you look hard enough, you can find anything on WHI. Even bigfoot ;)
Even the 400+ elk I'm searching since about 10 years. :roll:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

My guesses are coming down to the same as everyone else. Alena gave us the four legs/fur clue so it's obviously a mammal. It will appear on three maps that are directly inspired by the United States, so it also seems safe to assume it's an animal native to/hunted in the US. Another species similar to those we already have, i.e. another deer species, would probably not offer a "unique (!)" hunting experience. As much as I've heard it requested, I highly doubt it's a mountain lion simply because TGT would be the single most ideal map for this big cat and since it's not being added to TGT, I'm really leaning towards it not being that. That leaves me with two guesses...

A small game mammal. Groundhogs probably wouldn't be super unique since you'd probably hunt them over holes like a Euro rabbit. Opposums and skunks aren't exactly popular hunting animals except for in the trapping industry. Squirrels and raccoons both sound like great candidates if they've figured out how to design them to climb trees and I agree that raccoon hunting with hounds would be awesome.

Bobcats. Cats seem like a pretty popular candidate and since I'm sure it's not a mountain lion since it won't be on TGT and probably not a lynx since I believe they're more of a northern and cooler weather species then the swamps of LA would allow for... then it could very possibly be a bobcat. They'd certainly be a unique species since there are no other cats available in the game, and they definitely fit the definition of be challenging to hunt since they are usually few and far between and super stealthy.

No matter what it is, I'm sure I'll really enjoy it especially if it encourages new strategies or styles of hunting.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”