Status Update 27th July 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Lawger
Hunter

Re: Status Update 27th July 2017

Post by Lawger »

I'm pretty sure it's some sort of feline. Four legged, furry and challenging to hunt. Plus they mention new mechanics and stuff.
kevin2106 wrote:thought it might me fallow deer, but they would HAVE to be put out in Hirschfelden as they are native in Germany.
Fallow deer is not native to Germany. It's an imported species, it's native to the middle east.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Lawger wrote: Plus they mention new mechanics and stuff.

Exactemundo
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Pronghorn would have absolutely no business whatsoever in both WHI and RB, especially RB. They are not swamp dwellers, not even remotely built for it. My guess, with a lot of confidence, is that it most certainly will not be pronghorn lol.
I agree, I am thinking a feline species. Bobcat comes to mind, as it can live in all three types of environment.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Many good things again in this status update. Very good job Staff and Dev. :)
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

killertut wrote:and the new species is gonna be the great white shark. we have a lot of ocean around all three reserves mentioned :P
Lol! :lol: I want to be the first one killing a shark with a recurve bow!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

As always thanks for the update. Considering Whitehart and Logger's are based on Washington State and Rougarou is based on Louisiana. I look up and cross referenced huntable species from each state's wild life departments and came up with a few choices that are found in both states and not already a species in the game.

Mammals
------------------------
* bobcat
* raccoon
* beaver (They are actually trapping animals. They could maybe be added as huntable or adding new trapping feature. Although unlikely since water resources are lacking in WH and LP)

Game bird (although already mentioned it walked on four legs and had fur so added for completeness and in case Alena was trying to throw us off)
------------------------
* Quail

So the top two choices are raccoon and bobcat. Both would require new AI however only one will be challenging because bobcats are very elusive in the wild. Although if they are able to figure out how to get species to climb the trees, raccoons could be a welcome addition to the game, and raccoons could lead to the introduction of coon hounds as the next dog species in the game.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Hm I don't know if I'm to exited about another very challenging species.
Most animals added after the WRR release are rather difficult to hunt.
I have a house rule to always focus on the animal I have the least kills of.
In theory this should lead to maximum diversity in hunts, but it actually leads to hunting wolfs and Dall sheep half of the time.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Prinz1989 wrote:Hm I don't know if I'm to exited about another very challenging species.
Most animals added after the WRR release are rather difficult to hunt.
I have a house rule to always focus on the animal I have the least kills of.
In theory this should lead to maximum diversity in hunts, but it actually leads to hunting wolfs and Dall sheep half of the time.

But do you not get more satisfaction from hunting more difficult animals. I know I do. Bison offer me no thrill at all
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Lawger wrote:I'm pretty sure it's some sort of feline. Four legged, furry and challenging to hunt. Plus they mention new mechanics and stuff.
kevin2106 wrote:thought it might me fallow deer, but they would HAVE to be put out in Hirschfelden as they are native in Germany.
Fallow deer is not native to Germany. It's an imported species, it's native to the middle east.

Ok maybe not native, but you get my point here... there are a lot of fallow deer in Germany, and if it comes to the game i think it has to go to Hirschfelden

Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Game bird (although already mentioned it walked on four legs and had fur so added for completeness and in case Alena was trying to throw us off)
------------------------
* Quail
Quail... if it's the quail, it will be like a second Big Foot ingame, as we might be able to find tracks, but not to see it. They weigh like 100g, white-tailed ptarmigans are big compared to that! :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”