Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 4913
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 6:31 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby Alena Rybik » July 21st, 2017, 9:12 am

kevin2106 wrote:Will there be a status update today? Soo exited about the new species and feature was hoping for some hints :) (Sorry if you guys find this off-topic)


No, sorry :) Status updates will be posted on a bi-weekly basis for the next month or so, due to vacations. As for the hint about the new species - it will have four legs and some fur!
User avatar
D3AKUs
Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby D3AKUs » July 21st, 2017, 9:20 am

Alena Rybik wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:Will there be a status update today? Soo exited about the new species and feature was hoping for some hints :) (Sorry if you guys find this off-topic)


No, sorry :) Status updates will be posted on a bi-weekly basis for the next month or so, due to vacations. As for the hint about the new species - it will have four legs and some fur!


So a deer or feral dogs or cats or ... haha this could be like anything :lol: thanks for the info Alena. Nice weekend to the whole team ! Enjoy the sun and eat some ice cream :D
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6501
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby Tanngnjostr » July 21st, 2017, 10:18 am

Alena Rybik wrote:No, sorry :) Status updates will be posted on a bi-weekly basis for the next month or so, due to vacations. As for the hint about the new species - it will have four legs and some fur!

So does that mean it's definitely not Doc? He probably has fur, but I just can't see four legs. That's a pity, would've loved to shoot him... :cry:
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Outfitter
Posts: 1141
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby TreeKiwi » July 21st, 2017, 11:31 am

Well at least the new species isn't something painful then by the sounds of it hahaha Have a good weekend all!
User avatar
FatMountainbear
Hunter
Posts: 600
Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 3:45 pm
Location: Out in the Wilderness

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby FatMountainbear » July 21st, 2017, 1:36 pm

Thx for the game update dear Devs! ;)

Hunting backpacks - great addition but pitty they do not increase the carrying capacity.

Love the game!!!!! :D

I do have a question:
Will this autumn appear a new retail box of theHunter Classic in the retail stores and when? I am looking forward to it, can't wait. :)

Cya

your FatMountainbear :)
User avatar
Treedweller
Tracker
Posts: 123
Joined: March 17th, 2016, 7:18 pm

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby Treedweller » July 21st, 2017, 1:56 pm

LEFLOR wrote:
Treedweller wrote:I tried to update through Steam, as the standalone version gives an error and stops working after downloading the game patch, and my Bitdefender antivirus found a trojan in the downloaded launcher.exe file and moved it in quarantine. It's the first time this happened and I've been using this antivirus for a long time. So I'm stuck now with a Steam version which can't update the launcher and a standalone launcher which can't update the game.


Usually the problem of "virus" comes from a steam update that is to be done before the update of TheHunter.
Rebooting the PC, STEAM updates and then the update of TheHunter is done without problems.


After rebooting the PC I had to manually restart the update in Steam and it worked ok this time. But each time I tried to start theHunter it said the programme was too big for memory!! So I replaced the content of the game folder in the standalone version with the now updated one from the Steam version and this way I can play :)
Thanks for your hint!
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1209
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: grandecache.ca

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby JimboCrow » July 21st, 2017, 2:02 pm

FatMountainbear wrote:Thx for the game update dear Devs! ;)

Hunting backpacks - great addition but pitty they do not increase the carrying capacity.

Love the game!!!!! :D

I do have a question:
Will this autumn appear a new retail box of theHunter Classic in the retail stores and when? I am looking forward to it, can't wait. :)

Cya

your FatMountainbear :)

I could be wrong but I think they discontinued the retail versions when they began their relationship with Steam. :?
User avatar
D3AKUs
Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby D3AKUs » July 21st, 2017, 2:14 pm

JimboCrow wrote:
FatMountainbear wrote:Thx for the game update dear Devs! ;)

Hunting backpacks - great addition but pitty they do not increase the carrying capacity.

Love the game!!!!! :D

I do have a question:
Will this autumn appear a new retail box of theHunter Classic in the retail stores and when? I am looking forward to it, can't wait. :)

Cya

your FatMountainbear :)

I could be wrong but I think they discontinued the retail versions when they began their relationship with Steam. :?


Ahhh thats a shame. I was looking forward to a new one myself. 2016 was the first thing i bought for the game and later got the 15 one. Always really good value for the cheap price. Tent,Membership,Premium Weapon and lots of supplies is a great deal for starters and everyone else aswell.
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6501
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby Tanngnjostr » July 21st, 2017, 2:17 pm

D3AKUs wrote:Tent,Membership,Premium Weapon and lots of supplies is a great deal for starters and everyone else aswell.

...except for EW - that was probably the reason why they dropped it. They were just too cheap - actually they were cheaper than the included membership alone. I don't think we'll ever see a new retail box again to be honest.
User avatar
D3AKUs
Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Postby D3AKUs » July 21st, 2017, 2:29 pm

Tanngnjostr wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Tent,Membership,Premium Weapon and lots of supplies is a great deal for starters and everyone else aswell.

...except for EW - that was probably the reason why they dropped it. They were just too cheap - actually they were cheaper than the included membership alone. I don't think we'll ever see a new retail box again to be honest.


Still an excellent way to get people in with a good starter equipment and to get them hooked. I know i got hooked and they made a good fortune out of me so far :lol: and theres still always enough stuff that keeps interested to spend a few bucks here and there.
Most online semi f2p retail game boxes offer way more content then the actual price suggests.
Cant really believe that was the reason.

But whatever :D my Membership runs until December and i am 100% atm i will get another pack then, be it directly from EW or from another retail box that ill find somewhere and that has another shiny premium weapon in it :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SoldierofGod, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest