Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

Post by Fletchette »

Bill_Dauterive wrote:Anyone else feel like your character has been turned into a sweaty armpit since the last patch? I've had animals "smelling" me from 25m+ away, up wind since I've been playing it (mainly european rabbit). Luckily tho, the games offers to sell me some deodorant for $1.50 :roll:

Edit: up wind and down wind are confusing
Yes, we've ALL noticed you smell like a sweaty armpit... :lol:

BTW, I not sure rabbits in-game even have a sense of smell. Also, I think you can turn off those prompts in the game options somewhere. Contextual help I think.
Personal Bests...
Bill_Dauterive

Post by Bill_Dauterive »

Fletchette wrote:BTW, I not sure rabbits in-game even have a sense of smell. Also, I think you can turn off those prompts in the game options somewhere. Contextual help I think.
They do.

If you're trying to camp their hole, they'll come out and INSTANTLY jump back in no matter the direction they're facing. The game then tells you that you're a stinky ******* and to buy some deodorant. The thing is, before the patch, you just had to position yourself down wind and they wouldn't notice you for a second. I'm talking super close too, like 10-15m away, making for super easy rabbit kills. Since the patch tho, it seems like they're able "sense" you instantly, from 25+ meters away. I'm even using a tripod at this point, which gives you really good scent and visual protection. Still instant detection.

Also, I like the contextual hints. They can help alert you to animals in your render area that aren't calling ("Running/walking can spook animals", etc.) So you just stop and call a few times, something usually comes around to investigate. I like to think of them as my local tour guide of the reserve. The eyes in the back of my head, if you will :P

(The tent ad can go burn in a fire tho. The thing pops up every 300m.)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Bill_Dauterive wrote: (The tent ad can go burn in a fire tho. The thing pops up every 300m.)
Thanks for the feedback, we'll make it less frequent, maybe once per game.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I am loving the look of the new lodge and the full body platform. I notice we can now have, among all the different size platforms, full body mounts of all species except for ibex, dall sheep, and bighorn sheep. How come those three species were not included?
Bill_Dauterive

Post by Bill_Dauterive »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Bill_Dauterive wrote: (The tent ad can go burn in a fire tho. The thing pops up every 300m.)
Thanks for the feedback, we'll make it less frequent, maybe once per game.
Omg, thank you!

While you're at it, could you change the action key for the ads to something other than Left Alt? Right Alt maybe? Because I use Left Alt for free-look and there's currently no way to change/disable that.
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:
BCKidd wrote:.... I think it would be cool to see all my rifles lined up nicely and maybe a few more on wall-racks. I could walk up to 'em and choose, which one I want to take with me on any particular hunt. I know the inventory system is already available- via- when you start a hunt, but being able to see ones rifles and what-not all lined up on a wall, would even make these lodges more appealing. So how about it EW? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Wow!
One of the best suggestion I ever read so far! ;)
I hardly support this idea! 8-)
I totally agree ;)
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Big +1 guys
DEDOBAR

Post by DEDOBAR »

Po tejto aktualizácii som bol nepríjemne prekvapený s tými vyskakujúcimi reklamami na ponuky ktoré sú v obchode. Veď keď si chcem niečo kúpiť môžem ísť do obchodu. Nemal som chuť niečo kúpiť a zrazu mi prišiel oznam že som si kúpil nejakú obličajovú masku za 60 ems. Ako je to možné ??? Nedal som žiadny pokyn na pre mňa zbytočný nákup. Kde sa dajú vypnúť tieto reklamy počas hry?
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

DEDOBAR wrote:Po tejto aktualizácii som bol nepríjemne prekvapený s tými vyskakujúcimi reklamami na ponuky ktoré sú v obchode. Veď keď si chcem niečo kúpiť môžem ísť do obchodu. Nemal som chuť niečo kúpiť a zrazu mi prišiel oznam že som si kúpil nejakú obličajovú masku za 60 ems. Ako je to možné ??? Nedal som žiadny pokyn na pre mňa zbytočný nákup. Kde sa dajú vypnúť tieto reklamy počas hry?
Please write in English. Slovak understands nobody here.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DEDOBAR wrote:Po tejto aktualizácii som bol nepríjemne prekvapený s tými vyskakujúcimi reklamami na ponuky ktoré sú v obchode. Veď keď si chcem niečo kúpiť môžem ísť do obchodu. Nemal som chuť niečo kúpiť a zrazu mi prišiel oznam že som si kúpil nejakú obličajovú masku za 60 ems. Ako je to možné ??? Nedal som žiadny pokyn na pre mňa zbytočný nákup. Kde sa dajú vypnúť tieto reklamy počas hry?
Translation from Google Translate, please use this yourself next time or your post might get removed:
After this update, I was unpleasantly surprised by those pop-up ads for the deals that are in the store. If I want to buy something I can go to the store. I did not want to buy something and I suddenly came to the notice that I bought some face mask for 60 ems. How is it possible ??? I did not give any instructions for making an unnecessary purchase for me. Where can I turn off these ads during the game?
You should be able to turn off the contextual help in one of the game menus, but I'm not at my PC right now and can't tell you where to do that exactly. But you should find it while browsing the different settings.
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”