Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Re: Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

Post by ColoradoKid »

Excellent update. I will be purchasing a bundle of 2 more lodges and look forward to visiting this new rustic one.

Full body mount is a terrific addition. Thank you for that. :) Very impressed with the direction EW is taking adding lodges. Thanks for this
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Great update. The new lodge is very cool.
I bought one, then saw the bundle. :twisted: ....no big deal. It's going to take me a while to get enough quality trophies for the 2 I have now.
Lots of new stuff going on around here. Lots of stuff to generate purchases large & small. Great job.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this game update
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

BCKidd wrote:I picked up the new TL- and I noticed as you come in through the out-door... that there are little cubby holes with certain items in 'em? I wonder if we will see Gun-Lockers, Gun Racks etc. I think it would be cool to see all my rifles lined up nicely and maybe a few more on wall-racks. I could walk up to 'em and choose, which one I want to take with me on any particular hunt. I know the inventory system is already available- via- when you start a hunt, but being able to see ones rifles and what-not all lined up on a wall, would even make these lodges more appealing. So how about it EW? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

That is an awesome idea. Even if there was only room to hold 5 of your favourite rifles, and a few bows/ handguns etc. I would be happy to have them on display.

Thanks for the new lodge EW! Yet to see it as I am updating right now, but can't wait :)

Edit: Got the lodge, very impressed. Only problem I found is that I need to press "E" (the original "use" key bind) to use the radio. It was showing "Mouse5" to use it (my remapped key bind).
Thought the radio was broken at first before I realized :)

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

TheSheWolf wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:Great looking lodge, thank you :) but i have to say that the coyote stand is in a bad spot, cant it be moved down stairs maybe next to the radio? Also bit disappointed that we only get one deer full body stand, why cant we have the bear stands to work also for deers full body mounts? as a person who is not interested in bears. can make use of these empty spots :D

EDIT: Here is why i think the coyote stand is in bad spot

This is what I was saying, too. I love the whole thing, except for that. Feels odd to put one in front of a door and you can't really see it :(

As for the talk about those who bought the old lodge--I can understand the frustration. It's mere luck that I didn't get the other first, and I'd be disappointed if I had, too. A suggestion? Maybe in the future, those with an older model could upgrade for 1/2 price? Like, you lose the old, gain the new, get 1/2 off? It'd probably be hard to code, though. I don't know if there's code available for checking and then REMOVING things from inventory.

Or, to encourage buying in general--maybe those who buy one get a discount on one in the future? Buy a lodge, get a voucher for 50% off another lodge, including models that may come out in the future?

Just a thought to maybe help smooth things over for others!
Also there is just one medium platform yet there are 5 species for it. And the classic lodge has only two medium platforms. Meaning that with 2 classic lodges and 1 rustic lodge you would barely have enough to place one of each species in a lodge (until a new species is released). As soon as you would want to place a colour variation or a horn variation for the goats you would need a whole new lodge. Sice the new lodge contains four stand for bears medium platforms are now a very limiting factor.
So I would like them to just add another medium platform to the rustic lodge but keep the upstairs one so we have at least 2.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Anyone else notice when choosing an animal for the full body mount "TODO: Name fits animals"?

ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Bought 2 more lodges.

Put my rare piebald whitetail doe as the life size deer mount. Looks really good.

Thanks again! :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Prinz1989 wrote:Also there is just one medium platform yet there are 5 species for it. And the classic lodge has only two medium platforms. Meaning that with 2 classic lodges and 1 rustic lodge you would barely have enough to place one of each species in a lodge (until a new species is released). As soon as you would want to place a colour variation or a horn variation for the goats you would need a whole new lodge. Sice the new lodge contains four stand for bears medium platforms are now a very limiting factor.
So I would like them to just add another medium platform to the rustic lodge but keep the upstairs one so we have at least 2.
Wouldn't it be great if we could buy "empty" lodges and equip them with our own mounts and platforms as we like them? Like you would pay 200 em$ for the empty lodge and 20-50em$ for each platform and each mount on the wall, depending on the size. I don't know if the code for the trophy lodge could support something like this in the future (because it sounds a lot more difficult to implement than predefined setups), but I'd love it.
Image Image Image
Bill_Dauterive

Post by Bill_Dauterive »

Anyone else feel like your character has been turned into a sweaty armpit since the last patch? I've had animals "smelling" me from 25m+ away, up wind since I've been playing it (mainly european rabbit). Luckily tho, the games offers to sell me some deodorant for $1.50 :roll:

Edit: up wind and down wind are confusing
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

With 'Lodge Viewing' now available, I would really like to have the option of adding a little comment (144 characters or less maybe) to each of my mounts. For example, "I shot this piebald monster as a silhouette on the mountain at dusk. What a surprise when I climbed up to harvest him!" And perhaps a place beside the mount for the trophy shot taken at the time of harvest?

Or, (imagining the possibilities) how about mounts being placed in simulated environments from which they originated? A sort of 'Virtual Natural History Museum' of personal bests! ;)

Thanks for the lodges EW. Lots more interesting things to come I think. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”