Game & Status Update 21st June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Update 21st June 2017

Post by JamboWhoDat »

"Fix for the bear model on the RFF shooting range (it was only possible to get a body shot on it before)"

This is still not fixed. Come on EW, you are losing crediabilty. The past couple of updates have been in the right direction, but unfortunately it is seems like for every step forward you are taking two steps back. When I used to program video poker machines, my manager made sure I learned and did one thing before sending the code for a new video poker game off to the gaming commision for review. That was to verify, verify, verify, and when you think you have it right, you verify, verify, verify again. Then you get someone else to verify, verify, verify.
Villkatta wrote:
whiteonyx2 wrote:And another thing, the rotation with the Pgup/Pgdn default key, dossent seem to work for me...
I have the same problem. I wanted to try this with the ptarmigan I have in one of my lodges, but to no avail :(
I was able to rotate my turkeys (medium round platform), bears (large square plateform), and ducks (small round plateform). Make sure you are looking at the trophy, right click on it to bring up the info, and then page up and page down to rotate.
Nockedup wrote:Prior to this update I was able to pose in front of or next to a trophy while inside the Trophy Lodge, press the "F2 key" and take a profile picture. After this update that feature doesn't work anymore in side the Trophy Lodge.

Nockedup
Yes please bring this back. I am unable to access the F2 key in my trophey lodge in both single player and multiplayer mode as host. However, I was able to access the F2 key as a guest in my friend's multiplayer game. Which I guess would work if I wanted pics with his tropheys. Well if pics are worth a thousand words and I get my pic with his trophey posted first, I reckon I can always say it was my trophey first, first come first serve, finders keepers losers weepers. :D
Last edited by Hawkeye on June 23rd, 2017, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

is the way you fixed the black bear moaning on RFF, was to remove the bears ?. i really miss the bears moaning. and the bears....sad... :(
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

outrider wrote:is the way you fixed the black bear moaning on RFF, was to remove the bears ?. i really miss the bears moaning. and the bears....sad... :(
The bear's moaning is perfect when you wound it, and only the wounded bear should be moaning. Otherwise, they should not be moaning.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
outrider wrote:is the way you fixed the black bear moaning on RFF, was to remove the bears ?. i really miss the bears moaning. and the bears....sad... :(
The bear's moaning is perfect when you wound it, and only the wounded bear should be moaning. Otherwise, they should not be moaning.
And that's not even true, honestly. The only time a wounded bear would be moaning is in their final moments. It's what is known as the "death moan". All species of bear do it, unless of course killed instantly or near instantly.

Example of a death moan (warning! This is REAL. This is the sound of a bear breathing it's last. Some may find it disturbing, but it is part of Bear hunting as anyone who has killed bears will tell you. Viewer discretion please)
Skip ahead to 1:35:

https://youtu.be/lZkDKZ9ZW9s

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:
And that's not even true, honestly. The only time a wounded bear would be moaning is in their final moments. It's what is known as the "death moan". All species of bear do it, unless of course killed instantly or near instantly.

Example of a death moan (warning! This is REAL. This is the sound of a bear breathing it's last. Some may find it disturbing, but it is part of Bear hunting as anyone who has killed bears will tell you. Viewer discretion please)
Skip ahead to 1:35:

https://youtu.be/lZkDKZ9ZW9s

That is what I meant. After you wounded the bear and it spooks off, when it stops and lays down is when you get the death moan.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

they put the moans in for the bears. i know it wasn't realistic, but it's a game. i had gotten use to the moaning coming from all sorts of directions. so it made hunting bear more of a option for hunting. i don't even like to hunt bears. much rather deer or elk. but the deer and elk are few and far between on my map..and sometimes i just want to shot something.....but, why add something to the game, just to come back later and take it away after people got use to it.

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

outrider wrote:.but, why add something to the game, just to come back later and take it away after people got use to it.
Many MANY complaints about it.
It was excessive. I hadn't hunted them much lately until this past weeks comp. I thought it had already been reduced, but when I heard it, it didn't seem too much different from when it was first introduced.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

JamboWhoDat wrote:I was able to rotate my turkeys (medium round platform), bears (large square plateform), and ducks (small round plateform). Make sure you are looking at the trophy, right click on it to bring up the info, and then page up and page down to rotate.
I did all of that and it still didn't work. But I went to the lodge to put up some trophies last night, and then it did work all of a sudden. Weird.
outrider wrote:but, why add something to the game, just to come back later and take it away after people got use to it.
Well, I was hunting black bears last night and they still moan after being spooked. The sound is just really low. You can hear it if you use a headset and/or turn up the sound a little. Personally, I like this solution.

outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

Violator31 wrote: Many MANY complaints about it.
It was excessive. I hadn't hunted them much lately until this past weeks comp. I thought it had already been reduced, but when I heard it, it didn't seem too much different from when it was first introduced.
i didn't hear a single moan thru-out the hunt..those that spooked, didn't go to far..i guess i'm shooting from to far away.... :lol:
Villkattawell wrote: Well, I was hunting black bears last night and they still moan after being spooked. The sound is just really low. You can hear it if you use a headset and/or turn up the sound a little. Personally, I like this solution.
i do use a headset. and the volume is high. sometimes the foot steps sound like thunder. rain drops sounds like hail..don't know why they say i'm deaf...with the volume up, i hear just fine...... :lol:

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

This is just cracking well ...! Spanked some animals with the .17, that was just very funny...! :)
Turkey 56.239

Turkey 63.918

Shooting a flock of turkeys from a treestand with the .17 without scope (a must) was hillariously funny, must try...!
It should have been A and G for the tyrkeys as well, like the other birds :D

Feral Hog 1001.842 (didn't use the .17 here ;) )

American, Norwegian and Swede husbands talking to their wifes around the dinner table:
American say: Can you please send me some sugar sugar...?
Norwegian say: Can you please send me some honey honey...?
Swede say: Can you please send me some bacon you pig...?

The new Trophy photo color theme's working fine too, THX :)

I got 4 em$ and 1091 gm$ so I cant Taxidermize, they're just not meant for my wall I think ;)

Anyway, THX for all updates and good work, Stay Coool :D :D :D
PB

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”