Midsummer Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Midsummer Event 2017

Post by Generalkommendant »

Don't really get the Euro rabbit mission (3 bunnies with 100% harvest value) when using the .22 plinkington. Or really - I don't get the .22, the bunny and the value. I can hit one in the head and it gets for example 94% in harvest value. Another one in the body and get 100%. And yet another one in the body and get like 96%. ETC. ETC. All insta-deaths. Hmmm?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Generalkommendant wrote:Don't really get the Euro rabbit mission (3 bunnies with 100% harvest value) when using the .22 plinkington. Or really - I don't get the .22, the bunny and the value. I can hit one in the head and it gets for example 94% in harvest value. Another one in the body and get 100%. And yet another one in the body and get like 96%. ETC. ETC. All insta-deaths. Hmmm?
Strange... when I killed the bunnies on the spot with the Plinkington (they all made that "death jump"), I always had a HV of 100. Distance was around 40 meters in my case. I'm quite sure about it because I just did it for the event mission.
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Don't really get the Euro rabbit mission (3 bunnies with 100% harvest value) when using the .22 plinkington. Or really - I don't get the .22, the bunny and the value. I can hit one in the head and it gets for example 94% in harvest value. Another one in the body and get 100%. And yet another one in the body and get like 96%. ETC. ETC. All insta-deaths. Hmmm?
Strange... when I killed the bunnies on the spot with the Plinkington (they all made that "death jump"), I always had a HV of 100. Distance was around 40 meters in my case. I'm quite sure about it because I just did it for the event mission.
Yeah ok. Then it has to be something with the distance because I've shot 'em much closer. +-10m. I also found it strange but off I go soon again and let's see if there'll be any difference.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ah man, I was REALLY looking forward to this, quite disappointed to find out it's weapon-specific. Had done the first one only to find out you need a compound bow for the second--fair warning to anyone who doesn't own one. That's really disappointing for a holiday mission set :( Oh well!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Tanngnjostr wrote:Strange...
The distance was the issue. Too close and it affected the value. So it seems at least.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I did all of mine with the 12GA Single Shot, not the Plinkington. They all counted. Didn't see a weapon specific requirement.

From the mission objective: "As for dessert, I was thinking something a little more international. Let's go for a pot pie made from elegant European Rabbits! I would recommend a small caliber for these guys, preferably the .17 HMR, but you're welcome to use any gun. Just make sure you nail an acceptable harvest value. I'll need this order quickly so the rest of the dishes don't come out cold!"

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Well the Midsummer 2017 comps have ended, nice comps I enjoyed them.
I finished with 1st in the Smorgasbord comp. :)
Grats to everyone who got top 10. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Sry for off topic but with this event and sale i found that Call of the Wild get ATV SABER 4X4 to the game... will be nice to have something similar in Classic. Im ready to spend lot of em$ for it.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats Ravenousfox for your 1st place and congrats to all the winners :)
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Congrats to all top 10.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”