Status Update 16th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 16th June 2017

Post by waiora »

Mrmr123 wrote: U mentioned small animals like rabbits, those dont interest me and yes it will not have much difference with small stuff like ducks, it doesnt matter SP vs MP to them.

And for your information i am a person who wants to see MP comps, been asking that for ages, but mixing SP with MP is big NONO for me at least for big animals.
Im not getting the 1v8 hing? Where are you finding 7 players are going to help you daily to win as many comps as possible, and they wont shoot any trophy animals to win with. Or expect you to spend time helping them in the same way. I also want a group like that, please tell the rest of us where to find those players. I could place in so many more events then.

Dusks are irrelevant.... Im not talking about watefowl, we all know MP has a disadvantage with waterfowl as it is.

The only difference in time is SP backtracks a little more, so loses some time there and the time spent spotting various groups. That is NOT a 4 hour difference. it doesnt take 30mins to spot a few elks. In MP you will also be tracking spooked animals half the time. So where is that huge time gap coming from ? Is the MP group speed hacking, thats the only other explanation.

And for other small animals you don't care? So the people who like all the other species should not get to do MP comps because it has a very marginal adv for like 3 species?

They cant split SP and MP, there is way to many competitions as it is. Whats stopping you from also playing MP for big species. Esp with 7 helpers to get such an advantage from.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Well, Gas hasn't stepped up, so I feel obligated... ;)

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Tod1d wrote:Well, Gas hasn't stepped up, so I feel obligated... ;)

You should draw the last 7 to look like slaves. I mean they are all only there to help him obviously. He will be winning 20 comps per day if it goes MP.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

waiora wrote:You should draw the last 7 to look like slaves.
Careful, let's not open that can of worms. I know you are just joking and mean nothing by it, but you will have those outside liberal groups and milleniums, who troll the internet and can't take an innocent harmless joke, calling the political correctness police and the micro-agressionist lobbist to have the government shut down EW, arrest all the employees for hate crimes, and put all their members on social media public shaming list for boycotts and to ban your freedom of speech.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

waiora wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Well, Gas hasn't stepped up, so I feel obligated... ;)

You should draw the last 7 to look like slaves. I mean they are all only there to help him obviously. He will be winning 20 comps per day if it goes MP.
Why do you make the assumption that 7 out of the 8 never get to harvest animals. They could hunt as a co-op, and whoever gets the big animal submits it.
Or they could take turns on each comp. And yes, there are nice enough people out there that will help others get the glory. I remember an event a couple years ago where groups of up to 8 people were all shooting animals & letting one person harvest them to get the CSS points for the event.

The point is, 8 people working together will always have much better odds of winning than one person hunting alone. I would argue better than 8x, for reasons already stated. Particularly when one person can't possibly encounter every potential animal for that competition in one hunt. But even if you can encounter every contender in one hunt, it will still take you 8 times longer than the team of 8 working together, at which time they have started 7 more hunts & covered all that ground as well. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tod1d wrote:They could hunt as a co-op, and whoever gets the big animal submits it.
The above is what I would like, so I can enter the comps as I do now in SP, and do it while hunting with friends. Now I am not a hard core comp player, and just enter those comps for the map I am hunting that fits with what I want to do.

If it is perceived (not denying or admitting) that a group of 2 to 8 has an increased chance of finding a comp winner, then limit the attempts based on the amount of those in the MP hunt. So if you get 10 attempts and you have 4 people in the group it deducts 4 attempts from everyone. So the group gets 2 attempts as four, and then has to split up into groups of 2 for one more hunt, or hunt SP for 2 attempts each.

To do this properly an alternate MP mode would be needed that is "MP co-op" where the host is the one to select the comps everyone will need to be in when they join his session. When joining it will say you need to join XYZ comps, and must have a minimum of (2 to 8) attempts left.
The host sets the amount of players, and as each one joins the remaining open spots gets reduced, and does not go back up if someone exits the hunt. So the host selects how many possible attempts will be deducted when they set the max number of players. Each player joining will know how many possible attempts will be deducted from them, and if they have already done this comp to many times it will say they don't have enough attempts left to join that game.
Maybe increase the attempts to 12 and make a limit of 4 player Max including the host.

It would also take care of the person mashing maps until something is found, and then having some join to harvest it.

I understand it is some work, but some of it is already being done, like attempts left for the players and if they are in a specific comp or not.

It would open up MP a bit more for those that like a chance at comps while hunting with friends, and remove a exploit for even the current MP comps.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

DHRifleman wrote: If it is perceived (not denying or admitting) that a group of 2 to 8 has an increased chance of finding a comp winner, then limit the attempts based on the amount of those in the MP hunt. So if you get 10 attempts and you have 4 people in the group it deducts 4 attempts from everyone. So the group gets 2 attempts as four, and then has to split up into groups of 2 for one more hunt, or hunt SP for 2 attempts each.
Dont be on the fence. Pick a side :P No im just kidding.

I agree and all of what you said has been suggested before, limiting attempts, forcing the comps to be active etc. It can certainly be done. They need to open up the competition system more for MP and even if its not 100% balanced for every animal so be it. its not like everything is balanced now either.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

We need better MP comps. That's just an honest fact.
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

Thanks everyone, I will still be around when I have time and hopefully play some as well. Keeping myself pretty busy atm :D
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Dennis Borg wrote:Thanks everyone, I will still be around when I have time and hopefully play some as well. Keeping myself pretty busy atm :D
Great to hear from you Dennis! Hope you are doing well! :D
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”