Game Update 7th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I was messaged by Adam Potts to send in pictures and video of my issue..the tax pop-up not appearing 50%+ of harvests. I did that, he responded for additional information...the response included a ticket #, etc. Do I still have to create a bug report?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link
Just because you posted in the Technical Issues section doesn't mean the devs read it. The Bug Report section is the only proper place to make sure that a dev will read it - though of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the bug instantly goes to high priority or that there is a quick fix.

You can find the "Bug Report" section here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=128
You can find a good template to submit a bug here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305
And be aware that bug reports will have to be approved by a mod, they don't appear instantly.
Thanks, but when I go in bug reports section there isn't a new topic button
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I was messaged by Adam Potts to send in pictures and video of my issue..the tax pop-up not appearing 50%+ of harvests. I did that, he responded for additional information...the response included a ticket #, etc. Do I still have to create a bug report?
Not in your case, Stan. Yours is an issue they're aware of, and you're communicating directly to Adam.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@Hawkeye & Tanngnjostr
Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link
Just because you posted in the Technical Issues section doesn't mean the devs read it. The Bug Report section is the only proper place to make sure that a dev will read it - though of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the bug instantly goes to high priority or that there is a quick fix.

You can find the "Bug Report" section here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=128
You can find a good template to submit a bug here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305
And be aware that bug reports will have to be approved by a mod, they don't appear instantly.
A lot of these players don't know that these are bugs already and that they have been reported and that they are experiencing them.
All they want is an answer about why it is happening to them.
This might not be the appropriate way of doing things but sometimes an answer should be given to satisfy their inquiries.
Not everybody responds to them and maybe there should be a new section in the forum or a new way of handling them that can answer what is going on when they run into problems in the game,
as obviously everyone seems to think that General Chat is the place to get an appropriate posted reply,.. but that is hardly the case... as there may be 2 or 3 posts about the same subject going on at the same time and may not get merged together sometimes.
"Game Problems" is a very active topic practically everyday and whether forum users don't know how to go about and search the posts has been an ongoing routine forum user habit for a few years now.
The help of everyone that would be more co-ordinating would better serve the community and at a faster response time if questions were routed where they deserve to have a response,
instead of running around the yard like a chicken with its head cut off then trying to find the supermarket to sell itself.
Hope for the best, and thanks for your time, may this be resolved at some point and time..................................GAS
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

I want to point out an issue related to this discussion.

Let's have a look at the game's "Terms of Service": http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_O ... ][b][i]"22. You will not exploit any bug in theHunter.com and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of thehunter.com . Bugs should be promptly reported via theHunter.com Knowledgebase or via a query submitted to the Customer Support Team."[/i][/b][/quote]
Makes sense in my opinion, exploits should never be communicated with others, but should be reported to the developers instead.

Recently we had the issue that coyotes wouldn't spook. A bug report was created on this forum and people were also openly discussing the issue in other threads, but that's actually going against the Terms of Service.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Hunter300 wrote:I want to point out an issue related to this discussion.

Let's have a look at the game's "Terms of Service": http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_O ... ][b][i]"22. You will not exploit any bug in theHunter.com and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of thehunter.com . Bugs should be promptly reported via theHunter.com Knowledgebase or via a query submitted to the Customer Support Team."[/i][/b]
Makes sense in my opinion, exploits should never be communicated with others, but should be reported to the developers instead.

Recently we had the issue that coyotes wouldn't spook. A bug report was created on this forum and people were also openly discussing the issue in other threads, but that's actually going against the Terms of Service.[/quote]

Sometimes the definition of bug vs exploit is a fine line. In the recent case of the coyote spooking issue, I viewed it as a bug, and not an exploit. This is because the issue effected everybody and wasn't something the player could control and didn't require any specific action on the part of the player to initiate. If, for example, the player had to do something to cause the coyotes to no longer spook, I would have viewed those actions as exploits & moderated accordingly. You might also familiarize yourself with the paragraph in the CoC concerning the discussion of moderator actions.

I would also make the point that there is a reporting system, and not one person on this Forum reported a post discussing the coyote bug. If you felt it was inappropriate, that's what the reporting system is for. Some of the other moderators might not agree with my position on the coyote issue, but a report would have at least prompted those discussions with us internally.

Friendly reminder to everybody to please remain on the topic of the Game Update. Thanks. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

gas56 wrote:A lot of these players don't know that these are bugs already and that they have been reported and that they are experiencing them.
All they want is an answer about why it is happening to them.
This might not be the appropriate way of doing things but sometimes an answer should be given to satisfy their inquiries.
Not everybody responds to them and maybe there should be a new section in the forum or a new way of handling them that can answer what is going on when they run into problems in the game,
as obviously everyone seems to think that General Chat is the place to get an appropriate posted reply,.. but that is hardly the case... as there may be 2 or 3 posts about the same subject going on at the same time and may not get merged together sometimes.
"Game Problems" is a very active topic practically everyday and whether forum users don't know how to go about and search the posts has been an ongoing routine forum user habit for a few years now.
The help of everyone that would be more co-ordinating would better serve the community and at a faster response time if questions were routed where they deserve to have a response,
instead of running around the yard like a chicken with its head cut off then trying to find the supermarket to sell itself.
Hope for the best, and thanks for your time, may this be resolved at some point and time..................................GAS
I understand, Gas. Usually if someone talks about a familiar problem or bug - no matter in which section people post it - I try to explain that it's an old bug and currently being worked on (or that it's probably not a high priority for certain reasons). Because I agree with you that it's impossible - especially for new players or forum users - to be aware of everything that's ever been talked about in here. We also try to merge in case several threads are about the same topic, but it's quite a task since a lot of people don't really make use of the search function, start new threads, don't give proper names etc... and we can't always keep up. Don't forget that we're doing this in our free time and sometimes I would prefer hunting to moderating! ;)
Hawkeye wrote:Friendly reminder to everybody to please remain on the topic of the Game Update. Thanks. :)
Yeah, sorry, back to topic! :oops:
Image Image Image
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Prinz1989 wrote:I have to say some of these bugfixes are great.
Especially the moaning bears, the rabbit tracks and the roaming bug.
i cant verify the bugfix for the fleeing issue with rabbits. at least with european rabbits on brr its still the same old thing. although they are fleeing the tracks still show roaming and droppings.

also the freezing issue continious to happen.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I love the update's notes, it looks like a lot of work going into bug fixes which is great! But I came to ask, is it just me, or is the bear moaning still... moaning? It seems to be single soundfiles now instead of one long one, but it still goes on, and on, and on, nonstop. I had a bear on either side of me and I wanted to quit the hunt because of the nonstop cacophony.

Is it bugged in general or do I need to reinstall, or was this intended?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Granti wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:I have to say some of these bugfixes are great.
Especially the moaning bears, the rabbit tracks and the roaming bug.
i cant verify the bugfix for the fleeing issue with rabbits. at least with european rabbits on brr its still the same old thing. although they are fleeing the tracks still show roaming and droppings.

also the freezing issue continious to happen.
The freezing issue is indeed not fixed completely, the final fix is coming with the next patch. About rabbits - this is strange. Anyone else still experiencing this bug after the last patch?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”