Game Update 7th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DenDSML

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Post by DenDSML »

I believe there is a problem where after taking a trophy shot and after clicking "No" to the taxidermy question and returning to the game, my tracking color no longer works and you can't access inventory anymore.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is a video of three harvests in a row, that were after the patch today, where I didn't get the taxidermy inquiry pop-up screen after selecting accept for the trophy shot. In each case there was no opportunity to taxidermize post hunt. I took some time posing two of the animals. On the third, I just took a quick trophy shot where it fell, with no posing of the player or animal. This is going to be really bad if I ever get a monster trophy or really rare specimen. After all, its why I play, and I suspect the same with many others.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
foresterjoe
Tracker

Post by foresterjoe »

good to have working sunglasses now and the extra slot, great job..
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Great update. Thanks for additional little things in the trophy lodge- new pheasant pose, new large bird stands, etc.

I think your continued focus on additions to trophy lodges and rooms will both benefit players and EW. Thanks for the attention to the lodges!
Luna Duclos
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Luna Duclos »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I confirm with Villkatta, the Reindeer are still on the Small Plaques and you cannot select them for the Large Plaques. Also, as Villkatta points out, the forelegs are sticking out way too far. I know this is a kinda crap pic, I did this one for a test really. The antlers do still clip through depending on the pose, and as you can see all of the above mentioned issues are visible. .
Reindeer should now have been correctly unslotted and be slottable on the large plaques, sorry about that.
Luna Duclos
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Luna Duclos »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Here is a video of three harvests in a row, that were after the patch today, where I didn't get the taxidermy inquiry pop-up screen after selecting accept for the trophy shot. In each case there was no opportunity to taxidermize post hunt. I took some time posing two of the animals. On the third, I just took a quick trophy shot where it fell, with no posing of the player or animal. This is going to be really bad if I ever get a monster trophy or really rare specimen. After all, its why I play, and I suspect the same with many others
Could you contact support about this so we can have a closer look ?
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

This is a very nice update, thx Alena & Luna...
I bought it all yesterday (glasses % scarvs), but have not tested it yet...
I have some bizzyness to do first, but later on today Im gonna test it out for sure...
Im not only convinced, but absolutly sure this is gonna tease me all day long... ...until I get home... ;D

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Hifisch wrote:Just tested the new feature on WRR at 10am.
A bit sad that it doesn't really make the tracks more visible in bright snow, as this was the main thing I was hoping for. :cry:
strange cause that should be the main purpose for the glasses. can you or anybody else that has already the glasses provide some screenshots?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

FastGun wrote:I don't know if it's about update but want to explain. I hit a bison and it dropped intestine blood however bullet hit lungs first cause I hit bison from upper part of its head.
And I hit a Dall Sheep from chest area and harvest screen showed me it was a neck bone hit :shock: Seems some hitboxes are messed.
We need to investigate this. If this continues or more people see the same thing happening, please open a bug report. Thank you!
gas56 wrote:A lot of fixes,.. this sounds good.
I went hunting on Hemm and the tracks again are vanishing right before you can click on them after tracking awhile.
It didn't start this until I played an hour or so then I started tracking a Roe deer and it began doing this.
You can pick the trail up again sometimes heading in the general direction the tracks were going but it gets to be frustrating finding them,..
to where I just quit playing the game for tonight.
Same as above. We need more information.
Samiwas wrote:Recently returned to the game. I usually hunt in the summer months. Great updates to a game I really enjoy. Keep up the great work.
Welcome back!
Granti wrote:
Hifisch wrote:Just tested the new feature on WRR at 10am.
A bit sad that it doesn't really make the tracks more visible in bright snow, as this was the main thing I was hoping for. :cry:
strange cause that should be the main purpose for the glasses. can you or anybody else that has already the glasses provide some screenshots?
The main purpose of the sunglasses is to remove brightness and make it easier for the eyes, something players have complained a lot about when hunting on reserves such as Val-Des-Bois and Logger's Point during certain hours and this is the complaint we addressed with this update. Making the sunglasses filter selective (remove the brightness of everything but tracks) would be a big job and I am not even sure we can do it. We will investigate, but we can't promise anything.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Just followed 3 bear tracks from my barrel on RFF that still had the roaming bug and went into the sea one of them was a 240-290kg sigh.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”