Game Update 7th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Outfitter
Posts: 4075
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby stancomputerhunter » June 10th, 2017, 9:36 am

I was messaged by Adam Potts to send in pictures and video of my issue..the tax pop-up not appearing 50%+ of harvests. I did that, he responded for additional information...the response included a ticket #, etc. Do I still have to create a bug report?

Image
Rares: 71 NTs: 20
My YouTube
User avatar
1Al
Tracker
Posts: 165
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 8:18 am
Location: Italy

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby 1Al » June 10th, 2017, 9:41 am

Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link

Just because you posted in the Technical Issues section doesn't mean the devs read it. The Bug Report section is the only proper place to make sure that a dev will read it - though of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the bug instantly goes to high priority or that there is a quick fix.

You can find the "Bug Report" section here: viewforum.php?f=128
You can find a good template to submit a bug here: viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305
And be aware that bug reports will have to be approved by a mod, they don't appear instantly.

Thanks, but when I go in bug reports section there isn't a new topic button
Spoiler:
User avatar
Hawkeye
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3552
Joined: July 15th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Location: Springdale, AR

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Hawkeye » June 10th, 2017, 11:08 am

stancomputerhunter wrote:I was messaged by Adam Potts to send in pictures and video of my issue..the tax pop-up not appearing 50%+ of harvests. I did that, he responded for additional information...the response included a ticket #, etc. Do I still have to create a bug report?


Not in your case, Stan. Yours is an issue they're aware of, and you're communicating directly to Adam.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 3369
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby gas56 » June 10th, 2017, 2:25 pm

@Hawkeye & Tanngnjostr
Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link

Just because you posted in the Technical Issues section doesn't mean the devs read it. The Bug Report section is the only proper place to make sure that a dev will read it - though of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the bug instantly goes to high priority or that there is a quick fix.

You can find the "Bug Report" section here: viewforum.php?f=128
You can find a good template to submit a bug here: viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305
And be aware that bug reports will have to be approved by a mod, they don't appear instantly.


A lot of these players don't know that these are bugs already and that they have been reported and that they are experiencing them.
All they want is an answer about why it is happening to them.
This might not be the appropriate way of doing things but sometimes an answer should be given to satisfy their inquiries.
Not everybody responds to them and maybe there should be a new section in the forum or a new way of handling them that can answer what is going on when they run into problems in the game,
as obviously everyone seems to think that General Chat is the place to get an appropriate posted reply,.. but that is hardly the case... as there may be 2 or 3 posts about the same subject going on at the same time and may not get merged together sometimes.
"Game Problems" is a very active topic practically everyday and whether forum users don't know how to go about and search the posts has been an ongoing routine forum user habit for a few years now.
The help of everyone that would be more co-ordinating would better serve the community and at a faster response time if questions were routed where they deserve to have a response,
instead of running around the yard like a chicken with its head cut off then trying to find the supermarket to sell itself.
Hope for the best, and thanks for your time, may this be resolved at some point and time..................................GAS
User avatar
Hunter300
Spotter
Posts: 61
Joined: May 25th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Hunter300 » June 10th, 2017, 4:41 pm

I want to point out an issue related to this discussion.

Let's have a look at the game's "Terms of Service": http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_Of_Service
"22. You will not exploit any bug in theHunter.com and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of thehunter.com . Bugs should be promptly reported via theHunter.com Knowledgebase or via a query submitted to the Customer Support Team."

Makes sense in my opinion, exploits should never be communicated with others, but should be reported to the developers instead.

Recently we had the issue that coyotes wouldn't spook. A bug report was created on this forum and people were also openly discussing the issue in other threads, but that's actually going against the Terms of Service.
User avatar
Hawkeye
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3552
Joined: July 15th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Location: Springdale, AR

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Hawkeye » June 10th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Hunter300 wrote:I want to point out an issue related to this discussion.

Let's have a look at the game's "Terms of Service": http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_Of_Service
"22. You will not exploit any bug in theHunter.com and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of thehunter.com . Bugs should be promptly reported via theHunter.com Knowledgebase or via a query submitted to the Customer Support Team."

Makes sense in my opinion, exploits should never be communicated with others, but should be reported to the developers instead.

Recently we had the issue that coyotes wouldn't spook. A bug report was created on this forum and people were also openly discussing the issue in other threads, but that's actually going against the Terms of Service.


Sometimes the definition of bug vs exploit is a fine line. In the recent case of the coyote spooking issue, I viewed it as a bug, and not an exploit. This is because the issue effected everybody and wasn't something the player could control and didn't require any specific action on the part of the player to initiate. If, for example, the player had to do something to cause the coyotes to no longer spook, I would have viewed those actions as exploits & moderated accordingly. You might also familiarize yourself with the paragraph in the CoC concerning the discussion of moderator actions.

I would also make the point that there is a reporting system, and not one person on this Forum reported a post discussing the coyote bug. If you felt it was inappropriate, that's what the reporting system is for. Some of the other moderators might not agree with my position on the coyote issue, but a report would have at least prompted those discussions with us internally.

Friendly reminder to everybody to please remain on the topic of the Game Update. Thanks. :)
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7009
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Tanngnjostr » June 10th, 2017, 6:11 pm

gas56 wrote:A lot of these players don't know that these are bugs already and that they have been reported and that they are experiencing them.
All they want is an answer about why it is happening to them.
This might not be the appropriate way of doing things but sometimes an answer should be given to satisfy their inquiries.
Not everybody responds to them and maybe there should be a new section in the forum or a new way of handling them that can answer what is going on when they run into problems in the game,
as obviously everyone seems to think that General Chat is the place to get an appropriate posted reply,.. but that is hardly the case... as there may be 2 or 3 posts about the same subject going on at the same time and may not get merged together sometimes.
"Game Problems" is a very active topic practically everyday and whether forum users don't know how to go about and search the posts has been an ongoing routine forum user habit for a few years now.
The help of everyone that would be more co-ordinating would better serve the community and at a faster response time if questions were routed where they deserve to have a response,
instead of running around the yard like a chicken with its head cut off then trying to find the supermarket to sell itself.
Hope for the best, and thanks for your time, may this be resolved at some point and time..................................GAS

I understand, Gas. Usually if someone talks about a familiar problem or bug - no matter in which section people post it - I try to explain that it's an old bug and currently being worked on (or that it's probably not a high priority for certain reasons). Because I agree with you that it's impossible - especially for new players or forum users - to be aware of everything that's ever been talked about in here. We also try to merge in case several threads are about the same topic, but it's quite a task since a lot of people don't really make use of the search function, start new threads, don't give proper names etc... and we can't always keep up. Don't forget that we're doing this in our free time and sometimes I would prefer hunting to moderating! ;)

Hawkeye wrote:Friendly reminder to everybody to please remain on the topic of the Game Update. Thanks. :)
Yeah, sorry, back to topic! :oops:
User avatar
Granti
Scout
Posts: 274
Joined: October 7th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Granti » June 11th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Prinz1989 wrote:I have to say some of these bugfixes are great.
Especially the moaning bears, the rabbit tracks and the roaming bug.


i cant verify the bugfix for the fleeing issue with rabbits. at least with european rabbits on brr its still the same old thing. although they are fleeing the tracks still show roaming and droppings.

also the freezing issue continious to happen.
User avatar
TheSheWolf
Scout
Posts: 368
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 9:48 am

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby TheSheWolf » June 13th, 2017, 3:36 am

I love the update's notes, it looks like a lot of work going into bug fixes which is great! But I came to ask, is it just me, or is the bear moaning still... moaning? It seems to be single soundfiles now instead of one long one, but it still goes on, and on, and on, nonstop. I had a bear on either side of me and I wanted to quit the hunt because of the nonstop cacophony.

Is it bugged in general or do I need to reinstall, or was this intended?
User avatar
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 5019
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 6:31 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Postby Alena Rybik » June 13th, 2017, 3:45 am

Granti wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:I have to say some of these bugfixes are great.
Especially the moaning bears, the rabbit tracks and the roaming bug.


i cant verify the bugfix for the fleeing issue with rabbits. at least with european rabbits on brr its still the same old thing. although they are fleeing the tracks still show roaming and droppings.

also the freezing issue continious to happen.


The freezing issue is indeed not fixed completely, the final fix is coming with the next patch. About rabbits - this is strange. Anyone else still experiencing this bug after the last patch?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], InstinctiveArcher, Prinz1989, Schlachtwolf, stancomputerhunter, Sycoshowbob, TheNightOwl and 1 guest