Status Update 2nd June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Status Update 2nd June 2017

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hawkeye wrote:Grats to the winners! There's been some really awesome Lodges shown off since release.

Since theHunter was released, there's been a bit of a trend in camo in the real world, with digital camo and things like Kryptek, OptiFade, etc. I'd like to see any of those fresh camo patterns.

As for something that would fill a needed gap in my opinion, I'd like to see Predator Deception, or Predator Deception Brown for use with canines and any upcoming predators. These could be Excellent for predators & Moderate for everything else.

Kryptek Highlander
I definitely like the Kryptek camo series. They are some of the cooler patterns out there. It would be awesome if theHunter got permission to use their patterns in the game. The proper camo pattern to match the environment for a reserve could work like the outback outfit for all species, and the inferno kryptek pattern could work like the B&C for deer.

Kryptek Highlander - for mountain regions TGT,

Kryptek Altitude - for VDB

Kryptek Mandrake - Whitehart Island, Loggers, SC, Rougarou, Redfeather, Rougarou

Kryptek Banshee - for Hirshfelden and lower regions of TGT

Kryptek Yeti - for Hemmeldal, WRR

Kryptek Nomad - for BRR

Kryptek Inferno - for all deer species
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Congratulations to the winners! Some nice looking trophy animals here!

Here's a couple of ideas that I'd like to see added as options in the trophy lodges:

1.) The ability to delete trophy animals from the lodge inventory to make room for bigger trophies. (I personally wouldn't care if there was a tiny re-cycling fee for the service, but I'm only speaking for myself)

2.) More bear mount options.
A.) Two more large platforms for bears and/or the ability to mount bears heads on wall plaques.
B.) A full mount bear pose of the bear on all four feet. (Like the wolf, fox & coyote)

Sincerely,
Nockedup
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

JamboWhoDat wrote: I definitely like the Kryptek camo series. They are some of the cooler patterns out there. It would be awesome if theHunter got permission to use their patterns in the game. The proper camo pattern to match the environment for a reserve could work like the outback outfit for all species, and the inferno kryptek pattern could work like the B&C for deer.
In my past experience in trying to justify the ROI in using an official camo pattern for rods & reels, we found that it was far too expensive to officially license camo when it's relatively easy to create your own patterns. Of course, we worked with RealTree & Mossy Oak, so maybe Kryptek is more reasonable by comparison, and maybe video game usage is cheaper than gear licensing. It would certainly be a nice cross-promotion to have any official camo brand, especially if they were willing to tout up theHunter on their social media or websites to announce it. Maybe a pipe dream, but you never know.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

"is there any particular style or piece that you feel is missing from our clothing gallery and that you would like to see added?"
more gloves and hand accessories. doesent have to be part of a set, its just the hands are always on screen holding something. id personally just like to see more variations and camo patterns of gloves. but you could go with jewellery, nail varnish if thats your thing, scars.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Thanks for the update and congrats to the comp winners :)
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks for the update.... I'm really not a good competitor, so congratulations to the winners!
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Thanks for the trophy lodge - I'll be ambiguous and use it for my rares & NT's.
Congratz to Gas56 and Dilaj and the other contenders too - awesome shots!

whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

[quote="stancomputerhunter"]Congrats to the winners! Nice layouts.

I hope you are working on the problems with taking trophy shots and getting the pop up asking whether or not you want the animal taxidermized? I have the settings as show it all the time, yet it's completely random. I have missed taxidermy (no pop up in-game and no offer to still do it in the next 24 hours) several times which is very frustrating. Here you are, having a contest for pictures of trophy lodges, and I can't put anything in it that is decent. Sometimes I harvest an animal and do not take a trophy shot, and I get the pop up, other times no. Sometimes I take a trophy shot, and get the pop up while it's uploading, sometimes not. In both cases, I don't get any option to still taxidermize later. Also, it seems the 24 hours starts when you harvest the animal, not when the hunt ends. Is it supposed to be that way?

I have the same problem. Tonight i just "lost" a 275 red deer stag, and a piebald female :oops: :oops:
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Nice status update, congrat's to the winners.
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Congrats to the winners! Nice layouts.

I hope you are working on the problems with taking trophy shots and getting the pop up asking whether or not you want the animal taxidermized? I have the settings as show it all the time, yet it's completely random. I have missed taxidermy (no pop up in-game and no offer to still do it in the next 24 hours) several times which is very frustrating. Here you are, having a contest for pictures of trophy lodges, and I can't put anything in it that is decent. Sometimes I harvest an animal and do not take a trophy shot, and I get the pop up, other times no. Sometimes I take a trophy shot, and get the pop up while it's uploading, sometimes not. In both cases, I don't get any option to still taxidermize later. Also, it seems the 24 hours starts when you harvest the animal, not when the hunt ends. Is it supposed to be that way?

All of this could be due to the crappy wifi I'm experiencing as I travel. At home, I'm hard wired and have no issues.
Yep I am willing to bet your issues are related to your traveling since you have no problems at home. I am assuming you are staying at mostly inexpensive traveling hotels/motels. You are sharing not so great bandwidth wifi with many other guest at the hotel. You will experience slow connections and packet loss. You need to tell your company to put you in 5 star hotel suites with dedicated internet access. You need to tell your company you have priorities and obligations to the Hunter that must be met and second or third rate hotel stays just won't do.

Although the 24 hours starts when you harvest an animal, you will not be charged the extra em$ to taxidermize until after you end your current hunting session. As long as you are still in your hunting session that you harested the trophy, you will still be charged 10 em$.
You sure made a lot of assumptions! ;)
1) I'm retired, no longer travel for business. 2) We travel in a motor coach 3) The wifi here is ok..I get everything else fine. I just assumed the only reason I could be having these problems is due to the wifi. But others have experienced the same thing. See the post above.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”