Game Update 11th May 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Game Update 11th May 2017

Post by caledonianblues »

ArcheriusRott wrote:I think it would be good if it worked on a ''line of sight'' type attraction, 50m radius is kinda small. I understand the whole game balance thing, and I think the caller would me more effective to call animals that cannot see the decoy, but having them almost on top of the decoy before it become effective kind of makes them a bit limited IMO.
This was discussed, but line of sight is not always achievable. Take Logger's Point for example. How many times have you heard a coyote call (which often occurs once you walk into render distance of one) and had absolutely no way of seeing it due to the hilly terrain? In open areas this would be fine, but the topography in certain areas of the reserves would significantly restrict the places you could use the decoy.
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

caledonianblues wrote:
ArcheriusRott wrote:I think it would be good if it worked on a ''line of sight'' type attraction, 50m radius is kinda small. I understand the whole game balance thing, and I think the caller would me more effective to call animals that cannot see the decoy, but having them almost on top of the decoy before it become effective kind of makes them a bit limited IMO.
This was discussed, but line of sight is not always achievable. Take Logger's Point for example. How many times have you heard a coyote call (which often occurs once you walk into render distance of one) and had absolutely no way of seeing it due to the hilly terrain? In open areas this would be fine, but the topography in certain areas of the reserves would significantly restrict the places you could use the decoy.
That's understandable.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

caledonianblues wrote:
yeah i can see how this could case an issue but 50m is still small. maybe bump the radious up to 100m-120m would increase its utility outside of the bow accessory box its currently in.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

caledonianblues wrote:
But a new desert map would be able to make greater use of it.. ;)
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Bought the Bundle and set them up on two different locations........They seem to work GREAT!...nice addition to the game.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Thank you for this update. Although I prefer hunting deer species, this is yet another addition to the game!

I don't have that much time to play the game as before, but I'm happy to see features being added at such a high pace.

Well done devs and EW team!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I bought the double tail, figured give it a shot on BRR for Red Fox. Worked very well for what it is intended for, so nice job there. Is it necessary? No, not by a long shot especially if you already know how to hunt fox and coyote. But it's a nice little change up, and variety is always good. Nice little addition.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

caledonianblues wrote:
A nice little electronic call with remote would work in unison with the decoy...it could be heard whatever the terrain is.
Once it's set up it could become active and a simple button for the remote would start and stop the calling.
They would be a killer combo and a nice add-on.
Just my 2 cents.
EDIT
"Bluejay" posted it a page ahead but I didn't read it until after I posted,..
But yeah,,, I guess we were thinking the same thing..... ;)
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

looks nice!! mayby some can help to get it decoys to me?!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”