Spotter

Re: Game Update 11th May 2017

Post by Willandrew »

Aw they fixed the yotes? Well it was a fun week haha
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

The MTD's will give us a variety and should be fun to use.
Nice update.

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Alena Rybik wrote: It should not trigger the full download. We had some hiccups in the first 30 min after the release that caused a full download for some players, but now it should work without a hitch.
When I read this, I couldn't help but think of this quote

Mayor Vaughn: [to reporter] I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship".

Nice update and glad the patching is still working for the most part. Just the fact that you fixed the issue quickly means you are on the correct path.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DHRifleman wrote:
Mayor Vaughn: [to reporter] I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship".
:lol: ... Is it "Jaws Week" already? :lol: ... I didn't even need to finish reading it when I started laughing.

OK, so this flippy tail feather thing - Does the animal go to it like turkey to a decoy or go to my spot of call? I don't have an issue with spooking yotes as I hunt them from the trees - So, for this to be of any value to me, I could stay up in my tree and call while my flippy thing is 30m away and I won't have them under my tree right? Distracting them is of no concern to me, moving them away from my tree so I can shoot them is. And actually, with fox more so than yotes, I live in the brains of yotes and already know what they're going to do, Fox on the other hand are sneaky fellers.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

Does anyone know if the issue with foxes is for both species? ie. Red and Arctic.
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Gotta say I absolutely love these, I bought the bundle.
I really enjoy hunting coyotes in this game, passed the 4000 harvested yotes for this season yesterday.
Yotes stay at the flag long enough to take a couple with a bow before they come to the tree.
Now if I could only get EW's launcher to work it will be a good day. Had to play through steam today.
Thanks for this addition to the game.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I don't understand the issue with yotes coming to the tree stand. B.D. (before decoys). I hear a yote call while sitting in a stand, or if I have one with me, and the call is over 100 meters, I pop one up. I just walk out 30 meters from the TS and call from there. They come to the call spot. Never under the TS. What am I missing?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Alena Rybik wrote:
It should not trigger the full download. We had some hiccups in the first 30 min after the release that caused a full download for some players, but now it should work without a hitch.

it sure did a full download & installation on me ( an hour)...after it was done i left the site. when i came back a little later to hunt, it installed the patches from 2017041201 to 2017050101 a total of 6 of them...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I don't understand the issue with yotes coming to the tree stand. B.D. (before decoys). I hear a yote call while sitting in a stand, or if I have one with me, and the call is over 100 meters, I pop one up. I just walk out 30 meters from the TS and call from there. They come to the call spot. Never under the TS. What am I missing?
Calling from the tree stand they come to the bottom of the tree.
It's not so bad after they (EW) increased the angle up and down for shooting.
Gotta be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I don't understand the issue with yotes coming to the tree stand. B.D. (before decoys). I hear a yote call while sitting in a stand, or if I have one with me, and the call is over 100 meters, I pop one up. I just walk out 30 meters from the TS and call from there. They come to the call spot. Never under the TS. What am I missing?
I don't think you're missing anything. Your method works just as good, but the MPD is more convenient for permanent setups or generally when sitting in a tower/blind/stand for a longer time because you don't have to leave the stand to call. It could be a nice addition to the Golden Treestand for example.
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”