Game Update 4th May 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Game Update 4th May 2017

Post by caledonianblues »

DarkLord wrote:When can we expect a fix for the tracking and spawning bug? I was hoping it would be today!
I know about the tracking issue, but what's the spawning bug?
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

caledonianblues wrote:
DarkLord wrote:When can we expect a fix for the tracking and spawning bug? I was hoping it would be today!
This one:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=78378

Where the animals spawn and then move to the edge of the map instantly and cant be caught up with or found. Ran into this problem about 10 times this week doing the bear comps, most recently last night. Found a max weight bear track that said 1-8 mins, followed it for a while. Every track after that said 38-43 mins roaming. Followed it to the ocean and there were no exit tracks. I believe this happens either at the moment of spawn or during the 1 hour pre-spawn roaming time. Either way, this coupled with the tracking bug has made hunting bears almost impossible. Shot a 22-24, 260-290 black bear for the .44 comp this week and got a intestine shot that turned to body, after that every track said 1-8 mins roaming but I could not catch up to it. Followed it for 10k and finally gave up.

IMO, This is a major bug and should take precedence over anything else at the moment.
Spoiler:
Willandrew
Spotter

Post by Willandrew »

Oof, I've had maps that look just like that by the time I'm done hunting brown bears. Not what I consider "fun"
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DarkLord wrote: Image
I tried to post a photo of mine but it's too large - no need though really because it is almost identical as yours. I was amazed at how straight the line was.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DarkLord wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
This one:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=78378

Where the animals spawn and then move to the edge of the map instantly and cant be caught up with or found. Ran into this problem about 10 times this week doing the bear comps, most recently last night. Found a max weight bear track that said 1-8 mins, followed it for a while. Every track after that said 38-43 mins roaming. Followed it to the ocean and there were no exit tracks. I believe this happens either at the moment of spawn or during the 1 hour pre-spawn roaming time. Either way, this coupled with the tracking bug has made hunting bears almost impossible. Shot a 22-24, 260-290 black bear for the .44 comp this week and got a intestine shot that turned to body, after that every track said 1-8 mins roaming but I could not catch up to it. Followed it for 10k and finally gave up.

IMO, This is a major bug and should take precedence over anything else at the moment.
This is not a spawning bug,... it is a relapse part of the fast roaming bug, and can ricochet off the end of the map and bounce back also which you may lose the track,...If you don't know how to proceed with it. Although I've picked the tracks back up in the direction it bounced back which can be many meters away with a giant gap of no tracks in between and finding that animal.
It is a pain and I just skip following an animal that this happens to, unless it is a big trophy that I really want to get.
Another thing to realize is that animals can get caught in an underground loop, and until you back out of render distance where it happened they will stay in that position,..
it's weird as hell,.. but this also occurs from time to time, and you can pin-point it by just listening to the footsteps of the animal under the terrain layer.
You can shoot at them underground but with no affect upon them except the blood spot it leaves on the terrain if you hit them. This usually happens where terrain is uneven and not sealed together
close enough, especially around water layers on rivers.
I've recorded this happening but it would take me 2 hours to upload it to Youtube, so I haven't yet.
Have a good 1.................GAS
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

From the update:
Fix for Dall Sheep getting stuck and not being spooked on the high mountains
NOT FIXED

Sorry, but I still had tons of dall sheep after the update that wouldn't spook on the side of these high mountains and I also had one not even 50 yards away in the valley that wouldn't spook after I shot it. Several times I could take out a whole group of 5 or 6 on the side of the mountain, without any of them spooking after each shot fired.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

im not just getting it with dall sheep. the whole of WRR is suffering from this possibly the whole game
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

CodeBlue wrote:From the update:
Fix for Dall Sheep getting stuck and not being spooked on the high mountains
NOT FIXED

Sorry, but I still had tons of dall sheep after the update that wouldn't spook on the side of these high mountains and I also had one not even 50 yards away in the valley that wouldn't spook after I shot it. Several times I could take out a whole group of 5 or 6 on the side of the mountain, without any of them spooking after each shot fired.
Ok, thanks, we will continue looking into it.
L3M182 wrote:im not just getting it with dall sheep. the whole of WRR is suffering from this possibly the whole game
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "this"? All animals are not spooking?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Yes sorry. I'm getting a handful of animals not just dall sheep not fleeing or atleast not right away and othe rodd behaviour. A few bison just stand for a few seconds then flee a few feet and die. And I'm getting allot of animals getting caught up in rocks and trees and a few flees towards me. Pathfinding seems off at times

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”