Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Post by caledonianblues »

FR_Bugs wrote:Is that mean we have to buy 2 trophy lodges at about 1000 Em$ each and taxidermise 39 animals at 20 Em$ or 2000 Gm$ each too to have a complete trophy lodge ?
You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:Is that mean we have to buy 2 trophy lodges at about 1000 Em$ each and taxidermise 39 animals at 20 Em$ or 2000 Gm$ each too to have a complete trophy lodge ?
You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.
So, say you have more than one trophy lodge. Will you have access to each lodge at every location on each reserve?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JimboCrow wrote:So, say you have more than one trophy lodge. Will you have access to each lodge at every location on each reserve?
Alena said that you can access every trophy lodge from every in-game lodge.
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

caledonianblues wrote: You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.
OK, thanks for your answer David.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Is there not a Status/game update- t'day? Curious is all. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

BCKidd wrote:Is there not a Status/game update- t'day? Curious is all. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Status updates are on fridays these last weeks. Game updates are on thursdays tho ...
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

pirahna590 wrote:Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?
It looked like you actually don't purchase the mount, you decide during the hunt when harvesting if you want to pay to have that animal available for mounting, so I would guess no.
That would also be why no older animals can be mounted since there is no tag added to that trophy (which you buy) saying it is mountable.

I guess they could have made it so you purchased the mount location in the room, and allowed any animals in your data base to be mounted, but I would imagine that would put a huge load on the server every time someone wanted to mount an animal. It would probably crash it on release as well.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DHRifleman wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?
It looked like you actually don't purchase the mount, you decide during the hunt when harvesting if you want to pay to have that animal available for mounting, so I would guess no.
That would also be why no older animals can be mounted since there is no tag added to that trophy (which you buy) saying it is mountable.

I guess they could have made it so you purchased the mount location in the room, and allowed any animals in your data base to be mounted, but I would imagine that would put a huge load on the server every time someone wanted to mount an animal. It would probably crash it on release as well.
The way I understood it, when you choose to pay at the time of harvest you are purchasing your mount. You can decline to purchase at that time, and still have 24 hours to change your mind, but it will cost you more later. As for the reason older animals cannot be mounted, the information stored for all previous harvests, or before this upgrade comes through, is incomplete for a 3D model, according to Alena in the stream.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DHRifleman wrote:

Alena said that you can not taxidermize older animals because they have to store additional information to make the model for the lodge - this will only work for animals harvested after the lodge got released. You can choose to taxidermize an animal during the hunt (there will be a prompt after harvesting) or for a certain time after the hunt is finished (up to 24 or 48 hours afterwards if I remember correctly?). If you do it instantly when harvesting it'll be a bit cheaper.

AFAIK the will be no free mounts, but you can pay them with gm$.

EDIT: Quick Jimbo beat me! :)
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”