Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
caledonianblues
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 7501
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby caledonianblues » May 18th, 2017, 8:48 am

FR_Bugs wrote:Is that mean we have to buy 2 trophy lodges at about 1000 Em$ each and taxidermise 39 animals at 20 Em$ or 2000 Gm$ each too to have a complete trophy lodge ?

You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1134
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: grandecache.ca

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby JimboCrow » May 18th, 2017, 8:54 am

caledonianblues wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:Is that mean we have to buy 2 trophy lodges at about 1000 Em$ each and taxidermise 39 animals at 20 Em$ or 2000 Gm$ each too to have a complete trophy lodge ?

You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.

So, say you have more than one trophy lodge. Will you have access to each lodge at every location on each reserve?
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6244
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby Tanngnjostr » May 18th, 2017, 9:06 am

JimboCrow wrote:So, say you have more than one trophy lodge. Will you have access to each lodge at every location on each reserve?

Alena said that you can access every trophy lodge from every in-game lodge.
User avatar
FR_Bugs
Outfitter
Posts: 1974
Joined: October 27th, 2014, 3:46 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby FR_Bugs » May 18th, 2017, 9:32 am

caledonianblues wrote:You don't have to, but if you want to display one of every species in the game then yes, you will need 2 lodges. As far as pricing goes, nothing final has been confirmed yet.


OK, thanks for your answer David.
User avatar
BCKidd
Outfitter
Posts: 4304
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby BCKidd » May 18th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Is there not a Status/game update- t'day? Curious is all. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
User avatar
Zarpa
Tracker
Posts: 163
Joined: July 7th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby Zarpa » May 18th, 2017, 1:58 pm

BCKidd wrote:Is there not a Status/game update- t'day? Curious is all. :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Status updates are on fridays these last weeks. Game updates are on thursdays tho ...
User avatar
pirahna590
Hunter
Posts: 534
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:08 am
Location: Strong Island NY

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby pirahna590 » May 18th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?
User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10341
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby DHRifleman » May 18th, 2017, 4:06 pm

pirahna590 wrote:Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?

It looked like you actually don't purchase the mount, you decide during the hunt when harvesting if you want to pay to have that animal available for mounting, so I would guess no.
That would also be why no older animals can be mounted since there is no tag added to that trophy (which you buy) saying it is mountable.

I guess they could have made it so you purchased the mount location in the room, and allowed any animals in your data base to be mounted, but I would imagine that would put a huge load on the server every time someone wanted to mount an animal. It would probably crash it on release as well.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1134
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: grandecache.ca

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby JimboCrow » May 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

DHRifleman wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?

It looked like you actually don't purchase the mount, you decide during the hunt when harvesting if you want to pay to have that animal available for mounting, so I would guess no.
That would also be why no older animals can be mounted since there is no tag added to that trophy (which you buy) saying it is mountable.

I guess they could have made it so you purchased the mount location in the room, and allowed any animals in your data base to be mounted, but I would imagine that would put a huge load on the server every time someone wanted to mount an animal. It would probably crash it on release as well.


The way I understood it, when you choose to pay at the time of harvest you are purchasing your mount. You can decline to purchase at that time, and still have 24 hours to change your mind, but it will cost you more later. As for the reason older animals cannot be mounted, the information stored for all previous harvests, or before this upgrade comes through, is incomplete for a 3D model, according to Alena in the stream.
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6244
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Postby Tanngnjostr » May 18th, 2017, 4:18 pm

DHRifleman wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:Wondering if these lodges will come with a couple free mounts, or do we have to purchase them from the word go?

It looked like you actually don't purchase the mount, you decide during the hunt when harvesting if you want to pay to have that animal available for mounting, so I would guess no.
That would also be why no older animals can be mounted since there is no tag added to that trophy (which you buy) saying it is mountable.

I guess they could have made it so you purchased the mount location in the room, and allowed any animals in your data base to be mounted, but I would imagine that would put a huge load on the server every time someone wanted to mount an animal. It would probably crash it on release as well.

Alena said that you can not taxidermize older animals because they have to store additional information to make the model for the lodge - this will only work for animals harvested after the lodge got released. You can choose to taxidermize an animal during the hunt (there will be a prompt after harvesting) or for a certain time after the hunt is finished (up to 24 or 48 hours afterwards if I remember correctly?). If you do it instantly when harvesting it'll be a bit cheaper.

AFAIK the will be no free mounts, but you can pay them with gm$.

EDIT: Quick Jimbo beat me! :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaiNochii, Hosenfuhrer, PrinceAlexis, waiora and 1 guest