Game Update 12th of April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Harvey604

Re: Game Update 12th of April 2017

Post by Harvey604 »

I like many others, lose playing time with every patch issued like this one and many others before it, because it results in an error, followed by a full reinstallation of the game. Depending on each internet connection speed this can be 30 minutes plus. When will tis bug be corrected???
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

gas56 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Could be tied to Steam achievements for the hunter that now makes the 2 version just different enough to not be interchangeable.
Or it could be more than just in the game folder something changed that didn't get moved over as well during the copy and paste.
I thought the problem was the bootstrapper to steam but I got the error when I pulled the STEAM FIlE out of the game folder also.
I thought it was a Nividia Driver Update I had put in, but apparently not since when I checked here it was happening also with other players.
Something in todays patch from STEAM screwed me up putting it into the sites Hunter game file,... but I might just have to d/l the whole game on the site to see if it will work.
And if it doesn't work though I'll probably play on STEAM tonight.
Wouldn't you know it Easter Holiday coming up starting for EW tomorrow.....
This is normal isn't it............ If STEAMS copy can't be used then no more back-up files either to the site and the site will be about useless except maybe for using the store, $EM, & memberships.
Hopefully the full D/l works at the site or there will be some really disappointed members who don't use STEAM. At least until next Tuesday.
Have a good one.......GAS
I can tell you that theHunter Launcher from theHunter website- didn't work at all for me. I had 45% and it went back to zero- and started again, this is normal. It went back up to 45% and back to zero, where I was hopin' to get that last 10%, but it stopped with an error. I logged-out and went at it again, it started off normal- then all of a sudden I was gettin' dwnld speeds of 951.46 Gb/s that's right Gb/s- again after a few minutes an error and nothin'. I don't know if it is worth tryin' again until it gets figured out. This is ridiculous! :x Annoyed.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BCKidd wrote:
gas56 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Could be tied to Steam achievements for the hunter that now makes the 2 version just different enough to not be interchangeable.
Or it could be more than just in the game folder something changed that didn't get moved over as well during the copy and paste.
I thought the problem was the bootstrapper to steam but I got the error when I pulled the STEAM FIlE out of the game folder also.
I thought it was a Nividia Driver Update I had put in, but apparently not since when I checked here it was happening also with other players.
Something in todays patch from STEAM screwed me up putting it into the sites Hunter game file,... but I might just have to d/l the whole game on the site to see if it will work.
This is normal isn't it............ If STEAMS copy can't be used then no more back-up files either to the site and the site will be about useless except maybe for using the store, $EM, & memberships.
Hopefully the full D/l works at the site or there will be some really disappointed members who don't use STEAM. At least until next Tuesday.
I can tell you that theHunter Launcher from theHunter website- didn't work at all for me. I had 45% and it went back to zero- and started again, this is normal. It went back up to 45% and back to zero, where I was hopin' to get that last 10%, but it stopped with an error. I logged-out and went at it again, it started off normal- then all of a sudden I was gettin' dwnld speeds of 951.46 Gb/s that's right Gb/s- again after a few minutes an error and nothin'. I don't know if it is worth tryin' again until it gets figured out. This is ridiculous! :x Annoyed.

BCKidd.
Sorry to hear that BC, I don't remember if you use STEAM or not, but if not you may have to keep trying to D/L from the site to get it working.
But it does work on STEAM.
Last edited by gas56 on April 12th, 2017, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

gas56 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
gas56 wrote:

BCKidd.
Sorry to hear that BC, I don't remember if you use STEAM or not, but if not you may have to keep trying to D/L from the site to get it working.
I use "Steam" to patch. T'day tho' the patching didn't work through "Steam", I got an error, and that is when I posted on here and DHR responded- to what the problem might be. So, the patching for me least wise through "Steam" didn't work. Nor does the full-install through theHunter website launcher. I am going to try again, after I hike with my hound. But, this whole thing is gettin' quite tiring, every time a new patch comes through it is a fight. Not simple like it used to be. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Got a new full download, was expecting it, so tried to spot where the error occurred. Happened during the patching, got a small note right under "PATCHING" that read "error", then I got the big error-message(error 31) & a full download. I still have the launcher version v806 I v0. In my case it usually works out after some hours, but still damn annoying. I'll see how it goes this time, whether it works out or not.
(And to all you STEAM-fans now throwing yourselves over the keyboard: yes, I've actually tried to download and install the thing 3 times - only getting error-messages there too.)

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Villkatta wrote:Got a new full download, was expecting it, so tried to spot where the error occurred. Happened during the patching, got a small note right under "PATCHING" that read "error", then I got the big error-message(error 31) & a full download. I still have the launcher version v806 I v0. In my case it usually works out after some hours, but still damn annoying. I'll see how it goes this time, whether it works out or not.
(And to all you STEAM-fans now throwing yourselves over the keyboard: yes, I've actually tried to download and install the thing 3 times - only getting error-messages there too.)
I had no problem on STEAM, but I did verify all the files under properties just to make sure I got everything.
I had to d/l the whole game on the site and it finally worked, but I deleted everything out of the game folder 1st, Because I don't know what was in the STEAM game files I copied over them with and I didn't want nothing related to it's problem left in the folder.
So success.
Have a good 1..........GAS
twsmith

Post by twsmith »

Copy and paste doesn't appear to work for non-steam installs anymore. Now when I copy the game files over from my steam directory and run the game from thehunter launcher it gives me an error and opens steam. So, unless I'm mistaken, the workaround for non-steam installs no longer works.

This is getting ridiculous, I normally have maybe an hour or two when I get home from work to play with my 2 boys. Every time there is a new f'ing patch I have to spend most of that time downloading the patch via steam, then copying to a thumb drive and over to my sons computers. Between us we have now lost at least a dozen hours of playtime due to the problem with the launcher's patching capability. This is extremely infuriating and totally unacceptable for a game which is time limited by a subscription.

I will not be renewing any of the current 3 memberships I have between myself and my sons until they have fixed the f'ing patch delivery. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Steam account or not. Is it too much to ask that a small weekly patch on my original game should go ok with no problem? I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, still the devs seem to think it is ok for people to download a full installation with every small update.It is a very frustrating situation, at least when anyone like me have a limited wireless broadband. I can ask and ask serious questions... Still i never get any answer or feedback.I guess it is easier to just bann my account if i speak out too loud how i feel about the TH situation now. Last month i used 100 GB before it finally worked. But maybe wireless Internet is cheap in Sweden. In Norway, the people i know, working in the computer world, would treat customers better and do it a lot different. And the customer is right 95% Or at least that is how we do business here. My 2 cents.

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I get an error after the update.
I play the game with non-Steam version. But I update the game from steam then copy "Game" folder to non-Steam version directory.

But in this update after I did that, when I press start game button, Steam will open and I get this error on the launcher:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:I get an error after the update.
I play the game with non-Steam version. But I update the game from steam then copy "Game" folder to non-Steam version directory.

But in this update after I did that, when I press start game button, Steam will open and I get this error on the launcher:
That is the exact thing that happened to me as well- same error when I went through "Steam" earlier. I've been D\L theHunter through theHunter website, started at 4:23 PM it is now 9:14 PM- that is 5 hours and 4 hours earlier when I tried the Patching through "Steam". So, 9 hrs and I still can't play the game. And I've probably used up a bunch of Data. With only 30 Gb/s alloted through my service provider, I use up way more than I care to say, with every patch. Very annoying and almost to the point of a major rant in this regard! :x :!: Not a happy hunter.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”