Game Update 12th of April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
LEFLOR
Scout

Re: Game Update 12th of April 2017

Post by LEFLOR »

Opens window steam, right click on TheHunter, select properties, in properties go to the local files tab, click on integrity of the local files (this tests the files and downloads those that are missing)
I hope this will fix your problem
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I have one simple question. Ok, i am almost over the fact of spending a lot of useless money ingame, only to see the rules change after over 1 year and hard work for 2177 hours. So here it goes: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO RELEASE A SMALL PATCH WITHOUT USERS ALWAYS HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FULL INSTALLATION? Norway and Sweden are quite similar when it comes to most things. Business, culture, courtesy, etc. I must admit that I understand less and less of a lot of you are doing now. The little knowledge I have about Software programming and shop, makes me think that TH basically so patched and vulnerable, that it looks more like a Lego tower where every next Klosse is in danger of tipping over eventually. Or at least create only more problems. This is a serious question I hope someone can answer any sense of. When one sits on a mobile broadband with 50GB limit in months, there is little to go on until it gets awfully expensive. Have a nice Easter.

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Zarpa wrote:This week my Full Installation Download came early. Didn't expect it until thusrday-friday.
You are not alone

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

HooCairs wrote:
EW_Stefan wrote:
joaopaulo500 wrote:I would like to know what the minimum is?
I'll see if this is something we can share.
Zero, right? At least that was the case before this update. The penalty was nothing but a reduction of the range to 0m. It jumped back to 150m/250m after 30 minutes. Now, it grows back steadily.

Wiki is updated. :)
Maybe not as I requested it only drop to 10 or 15 meters so anything close to the bait will stay for those getting a silent kill on another far enough away. CB said he would pass it on.
My guess it is something above 0 since it said minimum and not 0, how much we shall see.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i did the whole routine with steam and i still got a full complete download from the website..... :roll:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:i did the whole routine with steam and i still got a full complete download from the website..... :roll:
Yep. I don't get it at all. It is really quite annoying. When I did the "Steam" routine, I was able to actually "Start a hunt" but as the hunt loaded up, I got an "error" message. I uninstalled theHunter and am now reinstalling, through web launcher "theHunter". I don't get "Steam" when I patched the last-time and went through the routine of copy/paste from "Steam"- no issues... now, issues. :? :? The joke is over, it isn't even April fools anymore. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Could be tied to Steam achievements for the hunter that now makes the 2 version just different enough to not be interchangeable.
Or it could be more than just in the game folder something changed that didn't get moved over as well during the copy and paste.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DHRifleman wrote:Could be tied to Steam achievements for the hunter that now makes the 2 version just different enough to not be interchangeable.
Or it could be more than just in the game folder something changed that didn't get moved over as well during the copy and paste.
I thought the problem was the bootstrapper to steam but I got the error when I pulled the STEAM FIlE out of the game folder also.
I thought it was a Nividia Driver Update I had put in, but apparently not since when I checked here it was happening also with other players.
Something in todays patch from STEAM screwed me up putting it into the sites Hunter game file,..so I retried it a few times with no luck.
I might just have to d/l the whole game on the site to see if it will work and if it doesn't work though I'll probably play on STEAM tonight.
Wouldn't you know it Easter Holiday coming up starting for EW tomorrow..... This is normal isn't it............
If STEAMS copy can't be used then no more back-up files either to the site and the site will be about useless except maybe for using the store, $EM, & memberships.
Hopefully the full D/l works at the site or there will be some really disappointed members who don't use STEAM. At least until next Tuesday.
Have a good one.......GAS

Edit: P.S. I noticed the STEAM game file was 5. something GB's & I just started d/l the whole game at the site which is 4.46 GB's.
Last edited by gas56 on April 12th, 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Perhaps not an issue with the current update, but I shot a WT buck @ about 60m with a slug. It was a body shot that dropped to 47% health by last blood track and I expected to find a body at least within 10-15 minutes. But to my great surprise no matter how hard I tried I could never catch up, it was roaming but even in full run I was loosing ground until greater than 60 minutes behind.

Probably another known bug, but if it happens again I'll report it.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

RabbitRidge wrote:Perhaps not an issue with the current update, but I shot a WT buck @ about 60m with a slug. It was a body shot that dropped to 47% health by last blood track and I expected to find a body at least within 10-15 minutes. But to my great surprise no matter how hard I tried I could never catch up, it was roaming but even in full run I was loosing ground until greater than 60 minutes behind.

Probably another known bug, but if it happens again I'll report it.
It is a known bug.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”