Game Update 12th of April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update 12th of April 2017

Post by JackRbbt »

MonacoSteve wrote:... so why bothering with all the copy/paste afterwards, and not simply pressing "start game" on Steam - and play.....
For single player games, you are 100% right, my friend. But for multiplayer, well, i'd rather not play than use Steam version.
Spoiler:

MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

JackRbbt wrote:For single player games, you are 100% right, my friend. But for multiplayer, well, i'd rather not play than use Steam version.
Oooo -kay - and why? The visibility/accessibility of the host servers should be the same, too...
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

L3M182 wrote:5 pages of this......... again. For the love of god just drop the web launcher please EW the steam format is superior in every way. You dropped vista and XP and people got over it. you dropped min spec for TGT and everyone got over it

People obviously can't be left to make an simple decision for themselves so give them no option.

The development time and moneythat's been lost because people are stuck in their ways is obscene. The really irritating thing is that half of them play COTW! Or transfer the files from steam . So they're just straight up being difficult

As for your problem hossein, try verifying the game cash on steam. Takes about 2 mins but it will find or fix what's missing or wrong ( anothe helpful thing about steam)
Just to put it on the edge: If i go buy a Volvo (Sweden) then i need to have a different key to another Volvo to make the new one work. Great, Sounds like a good strategy. What if i don't want Steam on my computer? I am not a big pc player, But i sure has payed a lot of money to EW Happy easter. :-)
Last edited by kevin2106 on April 13th, 2017, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

nope , steam is the key to the volvo, you get in turn it over and offyou go. you however insist on using the crank handle thats wayout dated and impracticle you then come bother me telling me the thing has broke your wrist again everytime you try to start it.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

L3M182 wrote:nope , steam is the key to the volvo, you get in turn it over and offyou go. you however insist on using the crank handle thats wayout dated and impracticle you then come bother me telling me the thing has broke your wrist again everytime you try to start it.
Then it should be clearly stated on the TH website: You need to have a steam version, and patch or copy or whatever you guys do for this product you just buyed membership to, to make it work. Then EW should come clean and admit like you put it: the crank handle is way out dated.

regards.
Last edited by kevin2106 on April 13th, 2017, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

you dont need it. its possible to play the game without you just have the option to sit and download it slowly and on repeat or you could patch it in minutes without hiccup and crack on. the glaringly obvious choice on what launcher to use is yours.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

So if The steam version is flawless and just work, why do EW not tell us that then? I played a long time before i even knew a there was a steam version.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Can't answer that one mate. But now you know
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EW_Stefan wrote:Hello all!

In regards to the re-downloading of files after patching, we have now reverted this back, so it will work like it did before. You will now be asked to download a small patch from this morning and after that you will be able to exchange the files between the Web and Steam version again to avoid downloading several Gigabytes of data. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
Yeah, well guess what? I have used up all of my data usage because yesterdays patch didn't work on "Steam". Now I have to dwnload another 5 Gb/s. So, I can patch. I guess BCkidd won't be shootin' anythin' until May. Thanks EW! :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:
EW_Stefan wrote:Hello all!

In regards to the re-downloading of files after patching, we have now reverted this back, so it will work like it did before. You will now be asked to download a small patch from this morning and after that you will be able to exchange the files between the Web and Steam version again to avoid downloading several Gigabytes of data. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
Yeah, well guess what? I have used up all of my data usage because yesterdays patch didn't work on "Steam". Now I have to dwnload another 5 Gb/s. So, I can patch. I guess BCkidd won't be shootin' anythin' until May. Thanks EW! :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
Steam copy works again, BCKidd. So you shouldn't have to download the 5 GB. Just let Steam update, (validating the game cache would be a good idea), then do the copy thing. I tried it this morning, and it worked.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”