Status Update 7th April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 7th April 2017

Postby Mrmr123 » April 8th, 2017, 4:20 am

Goodbye David :( wish you good luck, but who i will annoy now with my support tickets :oops: ?
Tanngnjostr

Postby Tanngnjostr » April 8th, 2017, 4:41 am

Mrmr123 wrote:Goodbye David :( wish you good luck, but who i will annoy now with my support tickets :oops: ?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=34937

Of course when Adam joined the support team I assumed they would always be two people from now on... so I hope that there will be a replacement for David! The time when "support is just one man" should be really be over...
pastuh
Scout

Postby pastuh » April 8th, 2017, 8:43 am

Bye NAOutdoors :}
Radamus
Trophy Hunter

Postby Radamus » April 8th, 2017, 9:51 am

New animal? Dall sheep is my guess.
I got $5 says It won't be caribou-
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Postby HooCairs » April 8th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Thank you D.i.c.k for your contributions and fare well!

David!! :o :o :o
TheHunter won't be the same without you! Thanks for your contributions (e.g. maps!) and your support with the Wiki. Stay in touch man! :)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Postby DHRifleman » April 8th, 2017, 10:35 pm

If it is caribou, it will not have the migration code since that is what kept the reindeer off WRR in the first place. Maybe it will be the Yeti :lol:

Farwell but not goodbye David, and D ick you came back once before so maybe we will see you again, and more of your exceptional animations.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Stella94

Postby Stella94 » April 8th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Sad to hear you two guys are leaving, but hopefully you go on to do more great work!
Also, real excited about the new animal. My guess would be maybe bobcat/lynx? Maybe arctic wolf? Tho looking at what Alaska has, dall sheep does seem likely. On a long shot, maybe seals to hang around the ice flows with the polar bears.
I'm a bit confused about why everyone wants caribou when we already have it. It might just be me tho, but here in america reindeer and caribou are used referring to the same animal.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Postby JamboWhoDat » April 8th, 2017, 11:16 pm

Stella94 wrote:I'm a bit confused about why everyone wants caribou when we already have it. It might just be me tho, but here in america reindeer and caribou are used referring to the same animal.
Although caribou and reindeer are very similar, they are each classified as separate species because their environments have caused subtle differences in their evolution. It is like rocky mountain elk and roosevelt elk or sitka deer and blacktail deer. Both look the same but there sizes are different with roosevelt elk and blacktail deer being the larger species. Same thing between caribou and reindeer, they look the same but caribou are larger.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Postby InstinctiveArcher » April 8th, 2017, 11:22 pm

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Stella94 wrote:I'm a bit confused about why everyone wants caribou when we already have it. It might just be me tho, but here in america reindeer and caribou are used referring to the same animal.
Although caribou and reindeer are very similar, they are each classified as separate species because their environments have caused subtle differences in their evolution. It is like rocky mountain elk and roosevelt elk or sitka deer and blacktail deer. Both look the same but there sizes are different with roosevelt elk and blacktail deer being the larger species. Same thing between caribou and reindeer, they look the same but caribou are larger.

Exactly. SCI classifies them as two different animals if I remember correctly. If you want to see an obvious difference, compare a woodland caribou to a barren ground caribou. The antler structure is very different as well as the coloration. I for one would LOVE woodland caribou in the game at some point.

Nowhere does hope bloom more eternal than in the heart of a hunter.
james990
Hunter

Postby james990 » April 9th, 2017, 1:57 am

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:

Exactly. SCI classifies them as two different animals if I remember correctly. If you want to see an obvious difference, compare a woodland caribou to a barren ground caribou. The antler structure is very different as well as the coloration. I for one would LOVE woodland caribou in the game at some point.

Me too, although I don't believe woodland caribou would fit correctly in any of our current reserves, maybe RFF? not to sure but they'd be with the elk I'd say in the east I'd say, but always hope if there was to be another reserve. However if It is Caribou for WRR I wonder if they'd classify the animal as just "Caribou" or "Barren Ground Caribou". Something to wonder if it happens. Even though I don't think it would because of the migration, but I would honestly love i the devs added them and ditched the migration :D :D :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”