Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hifisch
Scout

Re: Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by Hifisch »

MetalMind wrote:I don't remember how many feeders I can put on one reserve, the max. is 3, right?
That's correct.
jualmasbr

Post by jualmasbr »

I agree with the hunter above, DOGGRIPSLLC. I did not identify where it speaks what the minimum distance from the barrel the animal must be to be slaughtered without generating penalty.
"After reading how the new system works I have one question that is not addressed in the explanation How close to the bait is to close to shoot to animal Do not want the time out penalty That info is not specified"
Hello
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Thanks for the update. I am not much into baiting but it sounds good. I am a bit sad that the Feral Goat comp is restricted to the .223 bolt action rifle instead of just the .223 ammo.
Spoiler:
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

The goat feeder is having issues. I had it in my inventory and the moment I got close to my deployable tower, the tower was immediately deconstructed, it completely freaked me out. Note that I was holding it in my hand and left clicking the whole time to figure out at what distance I could place it away from my tent, so this clicking might have triggered it.

The hog and bear feeders might have the same issue.
reinholt12
Spotter

Post by reinholt12 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I like the new system - it's simple and you will still have to find the good spots. The old attraction system was useless imo, because you could have a feeder or barrel with an attraction of 100% and it still didn't mean that it was a good place to attract a lot of animals.

What I don't like (at first sight at least) is the new penalty rule because it promotes spawn mashing if you ask me. Run to barrel, shoot biggest animal, wait 30 minutes, repeat... Also I think bow hunters will not like it, because if you take one animal silently, the others in the area (even if still unspooked) will stop approaching the feeder. We'll have to see how it works, but all in all it's definitely an improvement for me. Good job! :)
Was about to say the exact same thing, as a bow hunter on bait sites this still seems pretty damn bad. But filling up my barrels now and will check out how it works
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Instead of a 30 minute penalty for KILLING an animal at the bait site, it should be for SPOOKING an animal at the site, and it should include BOTH hosts and multiplayers. That way a bow hunter with skill can still take more than one animal, and there is no advantage for MP over SP.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Special thanks to David, Roberto, and Bjorn for all your dedication, research, and hard work going into revising the Baiting System. :D
Looking forward to seeing all the hungry critters coming in to the bait stations now. :shock: :D
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I really enjoyed reading the detailed post by David. Whether I like it, or not, it sure was nice to see a detailed explanation regarding the process. Well done, David, Roberto, and Bjorn.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Like the baiting changes, I was hoping you guys would address the refilling option, doing 2 baits sites across all maps every 5 days is tedious even for players that play a lot. Cant even imagine someone doing that who only plays on weekends.

make bait cost more, let us add larger packs and make us fill it on a 10 or 15 day cycle.
CatchU
Tracker

Post by CatchU »

Great news! Thx for your effort. Baiting sounds now much more straight forward. Let's hope it will work like intended.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”