EW Staff
EW Staff

Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hifisch
Scout

Re: Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by Hifisch »

Sounds very interesting and simplified indeed. I'm definitely gonna give it a try later :)
Looks like there is a complete game download needed again, though.
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

SWEEEEEET !!!!!!! Guess I will high tail it over to the store looks like I will be hunting goat today. !!!!
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

this is some interesting stuff
we will see how my hunts get affected (although i haven't been baiting hogs/boars/bears for a looooong time)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this Game and Status update Staff and Devs. Many good things again :)
A nice and interesting reading about the Baiting System Overhaul, thanks to David, Roberto and Björn for the job done, i try them asap.
Good idea to add the Mineral feeder for the goats, buy it today and test it !!!
A new comp about Feral Goats, thanks for this, i'll make a try for sure.

Edit : @Alena, a little question : Will you add refill packs or starter kits for mineral feeders in the shop soon ?
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Hi, can i expect some Goat Bait starter kit? I dont want to buy something and then 1 hour later see this package with better price.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

well i can say straight out the gate im massively disappointed. this overhaul has simply made the game way more predictable and boring and you've completely done away with one of the gameplay styles.

1) 30 min penalty means players can no longer have a nice long hunt over a feeder taking multiple bear, pig and potentially goat not all hunts are trophy hunts its nice to somtimes test out a new weapon or just shoot some stuff.
2)no attractiveness system means you dont need to prepare for comps and requires no planning for success just pay and grind
3)it also means you have no idea if its a good spot until hunted so basically everyone will just forum hunt and find the best spot and well all have one in the same location.
4) all feeders are either on or off and thats all there is too it... thats as you said to predictable. animal reliability isnt something you find in hunting. sometimes you strike out sometimes you have a good day. that what hunting is

common you guys said you're goin deeper not wider. thinking about this all it leans towards with the new set up is buy loads off feeders and put them on a ring rouet that takes roughly 30 mins to walk and just go feeder to feeder. is basically predicted stalk hunting. so buy multiple feeders and keep them stocked and with no real penalty you just kill move on kill move on. this is just another advantage for the grind all day tactic and pay to win with loads of feeders on a reserve.

the last system wasn't exactly realistic but the concept was their this has apsolutly nothing in common with irl baiting. absolute Olympic gold medal of a long jump back in terms of game development for me. this system really only caters to players who have all day to play. feeders the old way were ideal for maximising hunting time via planning. and that a major part of hunting.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Eraser_SK wrote:Hi, can i expect some Goat Bait starter kit? I dont want to buy something and then 1 hour later see this package with better price.
Yes, you can. Adding them as we speak.
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

After reading how the new system works I have one question that isnt addressed in the explanation. How close to the bait is to close to shoot a animal? Dont want the time out penalty. That info is not specified
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Interesting update, let's see what the community will think of it. I can already see a few "problems" arising regarding its simplicity and the 30 minute penalty period.
I also do not see the point in treating a salt lick and a hog/bear feeder the same way. These are two entirely different things, which however both attract animals similarly.
Considering the 3 feeder/saltlick maximum, I would like to see that limit raised to 3 feeders and 3 saltlicks. One could still arrange that the player may only use 3 sites at a time.
And what FR_Bugs said:
FR_Bugs wrote:Edit : @Alena, a little question : Will you add refill packs or starter kits for mineral feeders in the shop soon ?
So far, so good. Not quite perfect though!
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”