Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by Hawkeye »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Stan, I have to disagree bud. Hunting is whatever it takes to lure an animal and make the kill. Sitting in a tree stand or ground blind near a feeder is basically an ambush, or setting a trap if you will. It's a popular method of hunting all around the world, and for various species of animals here in the States as well. In setting up a feeder and blind/stand, isn't the hunter already doing his homework to find out the most effective areas to do this? Would be kind of a waste of time just setting up shop in some random area, correct? So yes, it is still hunting, and that's actually the real term for it: stand hunting. You do not have to be stalking and following an animal or whatever just to be considered hunting, bud. I'm sure you know this. Again, it's just semantics my friend.
Completely agree. When you're stand hunting, it's not as if you just walk up & throw a stand up. In my case, we start our scouting process in June/July, and by September we know what we're dealing with. We set up stands in September & have successful stand bow hunts in October. Sure, by the time opening day comes, most of the hard work is done, but it's definitely "Hunting", no matter how you slice it. Not to mention every shot with a bow results in blood trail tracking...which you'll also do on opening day, because you've done your homework ahead of time. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”