Status Update 24th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 24th March 2017

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Has the baiting system been patched already?

Also found 6 or 7 black bears at my barrel in Redfeather Falls... if that's what we're going to get, I'm fine. :)
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

No, the revised baiting system has not been released yet.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Has the baiting system been patched already?

Also found 6 or 7 black bears at my barrel in Redfeather Falls... if that's what we're going to get, I'm fine. :)
I don't have any issues with the pigs/hogs. I loaded a couple for the first time in months and months (for the Heavys comp) - they're good as always. My bear ones though, aren't what they used to be. I did watch a brown barrel on hemm for at least 40 minutes. I wrote down each spot and I had 7. Couple years ago, I'd get 7 and that was it. It's certainly not the same as pork feeders. My black barrels, not worth filling but never been that hot on them either. 5 is about it and I can get that many quicker by looking for them. There's no advantage to them other than gathering a couple in one spot vs a little hiking and tracking and a lot of glassing. In fairness though, I'm a lot better at finding them than I used to be but that's expected. So for newer hunter? Oh, it's the schnizzle~ But boars on Hirsch, it's awesome! cause it works really good as your picture can attest to if you have a good spot.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Has the baiting system been patched already?

While that is a fair amount of pigs, and 6 or 7 black at a barrel is pretty good as well, it this consistent at the stations.
The real issue I saw with the bears (never bothered with the hogs) was previously when it affected the spawn you would have that every time as long as you didn't drop the attraction by shooting something. You might have +/- 1 or 2 from that by the time you went from your tent (500m away) to the barrel, but would at least have tracks at the barrel for the difference and they would wander back anyway. After shooting at the barrel, it would drop the 75, and I would still have at least some tracks and a bear or 2 when I got there.
After control of the animal spawn was moved to the server from the client, the barrel that I had on RFF that maxed out at 88, would often have nothing, and no tracks by the time I got to it. Other times I would have a similar experience to what I had before, or it would just take a little bit longer for them to wander in.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”