Status Update 16th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 16th March 2017

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks for the update.

The goats look really nice and I like the variety. Can you give us any information how the different horn shapes will be scored? And will the different fur textures be shown on the score sheet (like black bear variations)? Are there variations that are less frequent than others, even rares maybe?
Soooo excited about the new species!!! :D
Image Image Image
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the update.

The goats look really nice and I like the variety. Can you give us any information how the different horn shapes will be scored? And will the different fur textures be shown on the score sheet (like black bear variations)? Are there variations that are less frequent than others, even rares maybe?
Soooo excited about the new species!!! :D
goat lover spotted :P

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

killertut wrote:goat lover spotted :P
Well, I'd say it wasn't really a secret. ;)
Image Image Image
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

I'm disappointed it wasn't another big game animal for BRR, but I think there's potential here for a lot more variation in coat and horn pattern. Very keen to see just how wide that variation is!

And I hope there's no caller for them. Makes them much more challenging to hunt.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Feral Goats can be called, no Question. But although they will reply they will not often come to the call. So realistically calling them would work like the pheasant caller does already and serve only as a locator.

The colours and skin textures will need some serious work as even in a large mob of feral goats, apart from pure blacks and pure whites, there are seldom any broken colours animals with exactly the same markings.
It almost calls for a Tru colour system to be devised, similar to the Tru racks we have for the antlers.

The 223 is right in the range for feral goats and again realistically, many young hunters in this country learn their basic hunting skills shooting them with .22 cal rifles at ranges out to about 50 to 75 yards.
They are a stupid animal when hunted, and tend not to flee under fire, but mill around with no escape plan whatsoever.
If they react in the manner that other deer species do in game,( IE flee directly away from the first gunshot) that would be totally out of character with their normal behavior.

They are absolutely not a challenging animal to hunt.

Looking forward with great interest to see them released on BRR.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DanthemanBoone wrote:They are a stupid animal when hunted
They are not stupid, they are just way too trusting... :cry: ;)
Image Image Image
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Dead stupid or dead trusting...
either way.
LOL
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I once joined some guys shooting feral goats on the south island in New Zealand.
I can't say I'm impressed with the goats reaction to being shot at either - the saying "When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" fits the bill perfectly.
However, when I encountered them randomly while hiking they did flee like a well behaved prey. Seems they actually have to see or smell something suspicious before they set off.

Realistic or not, I hope they DO flee in game.We do most certainly NOT need another run & gun animal.

whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thx for the update :)
In the future i would like to see scoring points for leveling up dogs, skills, NT animals, rare animals, high scoring animals, missions and competition trophies, added to HS 2.0
Looking forward to the goats - BBR needs more variety...and please let them spawn over the whole map ;)
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”