Status Update 9th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
therisths
Hunter

Re: Status Update 9th March 2017

Post by therisths »

Thanks for the update, last week i asked a question but i got no answer.:

In previous update you said ''populate'' you mean that you will mentain BRR population and you will add goats increasing the whole population or you are going to decrease roos or hogs just for goats to fit in? Otherwise ''populate'' its not the right word. Also will they roam in the entire reserve?

Congratulations to winners , i hope missions to be based on reality.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Good choice with the goats. I feel crocs in the small amount of water and buffalo with their sheer size would have been too easy and lost their appeal quick. As for the baitin changes. I'm happy as long as it becomes a viable ambush hunting option. A balance is what's important. They shouldn't be a must for pig or bear comps but their should be a distinct advantage to them to be worth the initial cost and bait upkeep.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

goats it is? thanks for the info. would have liked some pictures though ;)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Totes McGoats!
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thanks for the update - i think feral goats sounds good. Hopefully their will bee a good compromise for the baiting system...i've a lot of empty barrels/feeders ;)
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

Feral goats on BRR - finally!

Haven't played much in months. Might just have to come back and try my hand at goat killin' instead of goat raising. LOL
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Grats to the winners of the missions and comps! That's even more "almost Dev" in the woods to hunt now :D

I love the feral goat choice and thanks for the BRR addition most of all. I agree that the choices all had their issues and I suspect the Fallow/Axis deer/Chital or some variety is destined for the next reserve whenever that may be but since it's in COTW we certainly will see it at some point is my guess. The bonus to this, we can all think of Tann when we shoot a goat now- Man I love that idea! :lol: - btw, you're forbidden to ever change your avatar, you know that I know who to bribe ;)

On the baiting, I can't say it's completely encouraging but I will keep an open mind. I wasn't and probably won't be a big consumer of feed regardless, I'd just like to see the bears fixed, I'm happy with the pigs how they are and really, I've had 1 or 2 1k+ pigs on them my entire time so it's not like they are some magic wand for success, but if I need a pig for a mission for example, or just to fill out a requirement for a comp, it's nice to know I can at least get one in short order. In the end, They don't provide any huge advantage for the most part but I've also learned different ways to hunt them because of the lack of performance. We pay extra money for feeders and bait to get extra animals, it's kind of simple in theory but in the end, we're playing YOUR game, make it attractive.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

Opportunity missed IMO. BRR could have really used a big game animal instead of another medium sized species. Water buffalo would fit the bill perfectly.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:The bonus to this, we can all think of Tann when we shoot a goat now- Man I love that idea! :lol: - btw, you're forbidden to ever change your avatar, you know that I know who to bribe ;)
No worries Len, I won't change it. But maybe I will bribe someone to change yours to a little fluffy ptarmigan?
Image Image Image
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Radamus wrote:The bonus to this, we can all think of Tann when we shoot a goat now- Man I love that idea! :lol: - btw, you're forbidden to ever change your avatar, you know that I know who to bribe ;)
Could be even sweeter if u bribe them to make a rare goat wearing a almost dev jacket :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”