Introducing the new Hunter Score

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Zarpa
Tracker

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Post by Zarpa »

Aaaaand the "Full installation download" problem is back for me after so many time. Was really missing it :(

BTW I like the mushroom collecting efforts having a return now.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

therisths wrote:
killertut wrote:
therisths wrote:so each weapon/animal/collectable achievement is infinite now?
no, the release not states that they count up to 500
from now on? I mean someone had (example)1000 ibex harvests he can reach 1500 and then stop or since he made it ,its over?
You can harvest as many as you want but only 500 per species are going to be counted as HS points. This might change though if we feel that the cap is set too low. We've decided to go low and be flexible, depending on the feedback and data we collect.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Ok, but now hunter score has no meaning in the game. I mean you cant set targets as it used to be like reaching 100-250-500-1000 harvests.Its pointless.Now for every one player its just playing for fun and thats all, no motivation.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

OK and thank you for this new HS system.
It will take a little adaptation time to do it I think, I'm not sure I understood everything but I would make a feedback as soon as possible.
Good job, there is always something new here :)

Question : Have you planned an update of the HS in the Forum signature ?
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Well, I guess I will wait a bit before making more of a judgement but my initial thoughts are not very positive - not terribly negative either but lean toward the negative side. I will actually try to play a while today and see if my opinion begins to change and will also wait to see how my score and rank appear .... perhaps they have not updated yet. I really don't like the color scheme under the animals and weapons. It seems you can't hover over them and get your progress percentages which I liked before. You can on the overall pages but not on the one listing the animals. Those probably can be changed fairly easily at some point. I like the fact that the collectables show some sort of status.....collecting them was never a fun or interesting part of the game for me anyway so the fact that you can get some sort of credit for them now I guess is a positive. It would have been fine with me if that had been eliminated - I wouldn't really miss it. Since the call of the wild I pretty much only hunt waterfowl on classic now since those are not available on COW so will see what gets introduced going forward. Still like the game overall....have over 1500 hours in classic.
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

Thank you for update! For me it is much more better than old system.In my point of view achievements now really useless. :D
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Fantastic...before i was in the first rank in the 100/110 and now i find myself more than 313,200 really great news, i could get my position gained over the years?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

MaxVe wrote:Fantastic...before i was in the first rank in the 100/110 and now i find myself more than 313,200 really great news, i could get my position gained over the years?
sounds like your new score has not been calculated yet. just start a game or wait some hours.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

you are so close to me Image
Lowlight
Tracker

Post by Lowlight »

Zarpa wrote:Aaaaand the "Full installation download" problem is back for me after so many time. Was really missing it :(

Same for me,bloody marvelous.nearly 3 attempts in as many hours gone by and still restarts from 0 everytime :evil:
Last edited by Lowlight on March 9th, 2017, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”