Introducing the new Hunter Score

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HunterGirl
Scout

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Post by HunterGirl »

Hate this new system to be honest. I enjoyed being able to watch the number of harvest with a particular weapon or number of harvest for species knowing you would get an achievement once it was reached. Much less, if any motivation for any of that anymore. Sighhh :(
Last edited by HunterGirl on March 9th, 2017, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turisas88
Tracker

Post by Turisas88 »

So will the royal edition of 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle and 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun also count now?? Really hope so because all weapons doesn't have their own acievement anymore ...
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

whiteonyx2 wrote:Could we please get some info about the over and over ongoing "full installation download"...it keeps repeating itself, and nothing happens...at least not here :(
We don't have a solution for this, as we can not reproduce it. You can try this: delete the following three folders from the game folder (Program Files (x86)\theHunter\):
1) folder named patchXXXXX_XXXXX like patch2016110301_2016110901
2) folder tempXXXXX like temp2016120701
3) folder Download

And try to patch again. If this doesn't work, then a full reinstall probably, sorry. Also, please let us know from which launcher version you were patching (you can see it at the top of the launcher).
XayaMcCord

Post by XayaMcCord »

strandjutter wrote:How can it be that people are now having a 5 figur hunting score ??? i'f been playing for 4 years to get to a score of 2829 and now i end up with rank 9800 on the score list ???????
something must have been going really wrong here.
Nothing is going wrong. You need to give the new system a few hours to update all players HS.
It's alot of data it needs to parse and implement into a new system.

My guess off the cuff is they will end up increasing the 500 limit to 1000 fairly quickly.
As far as people saying that once you max out the rank you will only be playing for fun I'd like to think that's the reason everyone plays video games.
Since CoD Black Ops I have been in the top 10 on the leader boards of every PS CoD released, unlocked everything possible, but I still have fun playing them all. I think the key is to set goals for
yourself and achieve them and not worry about in-game achievements (plus to me I feel better when I achieve a goal I set compared to a game defined one...YMMV).

Only my !% of a dollar.

-Xaya
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Turisas88 wrote:So will the royal edition of 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle and 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun also count now?? Really hope so because all weapons doesn't have their own acievement anymore ...
Yes, they will count towards the 7mm Magnum BullPup Rifles and 12 GA Pump Action Shotguns Ranks respectively.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

HunterGirl wrote:Hate this new system to be honest. I enjoyed being able to watch the number of harvest with a particular weapon or number of harvest for species knowing you would get an achievement once it was reached. Much less, if any motivation for any of that anymore. Sighhh :(
You can still do that, Achievements stay as they are.
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

Alena Rybik wrote:
HunterGirl wrote:Hate this new system to be honest. I enjoyed being able to watch the number of harvest with a particular weapon or number of harvest for species knowing you would get an achievement once it was reached. Much less, if any motivation for any of that anymore. Sighhh :(
You can still do that, Achievements stay as they are.
Much less motivating to do so when nothing is actually achieved at the end.
Luna Duclos
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Luna Duclos »

XayaMcCord wrote:
strandjutter wrote:How can it be that people are now having a 5 figur hunting score ??? i'f been playing for 4 years to get to a score of 2829 and now i end up with rank 9800 on the score list ???????
something must have been going really wrong here.
Nothing is going wrong. You need to give the new system a few hours to update all players HS.
It's alot of data it needs to parse and implement into a new system.

My guess off the cuff is they will end up increasing the 500 limit to 1000 fairly quickly.
As far as people saying that once you max out the rank you will only be playing for fun I'd like to think that's the reason everyone plays video games.
Since CoD Black Ops I have been in the top 10 on the leader boards of every PS CoD released, unlocked everything possible, but I still have fun playing them all. I think the key is to set goals for
yourself and achieve them and not worry about in-game achievements (plus to me I feel better when I achieve a goal I set compared to a game defined one...YMMV).

Only my !% of a dollar.

-Xaya
Please note that hunterscores pending recalculation are set to 0, so any non-zero hunterscore is a recalculated value.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

what i liked at the old HS was the gratification-feel after each scoring update. thats complety gone with the new system. new HS even says less than the previous system about if someone is a capable hunter.

the way i understand it it just favors the grinders (but also not for long) and it forces players even more to buy new weapons. there is also no long term motivation with a 500kill cap. geese-cap can be done in just few hunts, and than?
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

Luna Duclos wrote:We estimate that the hunterscore recalculation will take about 2 hours. After those are done, we will start granting profile headers.
If you want to rush this process, you can start a game and then exit, and the recalculations will then also happen.

Edit: Everyone's hunterscore has been recalculated, and we are now in the process of granting people their profile headers, again, if you wish to rush this, just start a game and exit.
I have started a game as described above, but my HS is still 0
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”