ChrystalSky wrote:Forgive my confusion, I have been out of the game for about a year and so much has changed in my absence.
Animals make no difference as all players with a paid membership have access to the same species, therefore once they all reach 1000, all players would have exactly the same hunter score from this category.
So from what I am seeing and hearing, am I correct in saying that your Hunter Score has nothing to do with your actual skill as a hunter, It boils down to who can afford to buy all the weapons which have their own individual count, and players who were around in the past to obtain weapons unobtainable by new players to the game ?
I buy whatever I feel like buying to enable me to go out hunting my species of choice, I just got curious as to how I could raise my Hunter Score and from what it seems, it is quite simple, you buy your Hunter Score.
If the above is all true, then I guess I'll go back to having fun doing my own thing, as it's simply a sign of someone who has money to waste, Hunter Score means nothing to a real hunter.
1. Animals make a huge difference. I've been playing since 2009, and am only capped on 4 species. I currently rank around 360'ish. Even the #1 player on the Leaderboard isn't capped on all species. I don't see that as an issue.
2. As to the weapons comment, keep in mind that the new HunterScore system actually reduced the advantage you get from owning all weapons, as all reskins were grouped together with the primary weapon and share the same cap. For example, if you own the black Pulsar bow, buying the same bow in forest camo or winter will not give you more HunterScore...once you hit 1000 with any or all of them combined, you're capped, and that's it. You can use one of them or all 3 to get to 1k, that's up to you. This change, which is the focus of this thread, was made to mitigate the exact scenario you seem to be concerned about.
3. There are zero "weapons unobtainable by new players" that add to your HunterScore. There are only 2 weapons that are no longer obtainable...they are the Royal Edition 7mm Bullpup & 12 gauge. Neither of those weapons will give you an advantage in HunterScore, and they don't even give Achievements.
4. I own everything in the game. If that was somehow supposed to "buy me HunterScore" then something isn't working right.
I have exactly 44 weapon ranks that are NOT maxed out. If HunterScore is your #1 goal, then maxing out what you can kill with the weapons that you do own will be your best bet. You can't be in the top ranks without owning all or most weapons (not counting reskins) but just buying them earns you nothing...you still have to take those weapons and go max them out.
5. HunterScore means nothing to a real hunter...yeah, I could get on board with that statement. This is a video game though, and it means a lot in the context that it's used.