Introducing the new Hunter Score

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Jack.Grave
Outfitter
Posts: 2167
Joined: May 27th, 2009, 1:35 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby Jack.Grave » March 15th, 2017, 3:47 pm

:arrow: caribcanuck see ToS reskins fell under Subscriptions & EmS categories:
Subscription Fees

You agree to pay all fees and charges that you incur. The subscription payment is non-refundable, however, remaining portion of the payment can be credited towards a higher level subscription, should you decide to upgrade (such as from a single user to multi-user subscription). We may at any time change the amount of, or basis for determining, the subscription fee, or institute new fees or charges.

em$

You acknowledge that the Service presently includes a component of in-world fictional currency ("em$"), which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of our product when, as, and if allowed by Expansive Worlds. Expansive Worlds may charge fees for the right to use em$, or may distribute em$ without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, em$ represent a limited license right governed solely under the terms of this Agreement, and are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Expansive Worlds at any time. You agree that Expansive Worlds has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such Currency as it sees fit in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that Expansive Worlds will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right.


So please be so kind stop us annoying with flogging dead horse posts, many of us lost (and the other wins). With changes done with HS v2.0. Thanks Sirencely Yours
Jack.Grave
User avatar
fantamichele
Tracker
Posts: 239
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am
Location: Italy - Umbria

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby fantamichele » March 15th, 2017, 3:48 pm

caribcanuk wrote:Do the reskins weapons currently count towards hs like they did prior to HS 2.0. If they do not then there is clearly an issue. Its simple when the reskins were sold they counted towards hs that fact is undeniable. Now they no longer count to hs that fact is undeniable. The fact ppl bought the reskins for hs wether written or implied is irrelevant. Fact is there a lot of upset players who now have close to half their weapon overnight made nothing more than eyecandy and they are upset. That can not be ignored. EW bent over backwards for the guests and members and refuses to even acknowledge that a lot of players spent a lot of money on weapons that are suddenly useless as overnight they became nothing more than duplicate weapons and who buys duplicates.


I have all the weapons and are not at all upset. I do not see why you have to always say the same things. Your point is clear, you can switch over? The rating is changed to allow everyone to reach the top, what's wrong with that?
User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10442
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby DHRifleman » March 15th, 2017, 3:52 pm

caribcanuk wrote:Do the reskins weapons currently count towards hs like they did prior to HS 2.0. If they do not then there is clearly an issue. Its simple when the reskins were sold they counted towards hs that fact is undeniable. Now they no longer count to hs that fact is undeniable. The fact ppl bought the reskins for hs wether written or implied is irrelevant. Fact is there a lot of upset players who now have close to half their weapon overnight made nothing more than eyecandy and they are upset. That can not be ignored. EW bent over backwards for the guests and members and refuses to even acknowledge that a lot of players spent a lot of money on weapons that are suddenly useless as overnight they became nothing more than duplicate weapons and who buys duplicates.

OK, since you clearly are not remotely a top contender on the HS leaderboard, why did you buy the re-skin weapons? What does HS actually mean to you, that you are now quite upset with the re-skins only counting towards achievements and not HS?


fantamichele, while everyone has a chance to reach the top, it was always like that, it just no longer requires 71 weapons (several of which are only graphically a different color). You still need to buy and use all the others to make it to the top. It really didn't make it any easier, just a bit cheaper.
Last edited by DHRifleman on March 15th, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
caribcanuk
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: March 9th, 2017, 9:23 am

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby caribcanuk » March 15th, 2017, 3:52 pm

I'm done ill let the competition bureau deal with it. And so the fact I'm not near the top of the hs ranking means my purchasing the reskins is wrong or my opinion invalid . Way to go so that means on the top 200 hs get to decide what happens explains a whole lot.
User avatar
RidgeBack69
Hunter
Posts: 721
Joined: December 6th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby RidgeBack69 » March 15th, 2017, 4:18 pm

I believe some where back in this thread EW officially said that HS2.0 would not be rolled back. Time to move on. The steady river of tears will not help!
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on March 15th, 2017, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hawkeye
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3542
Joined: July 15th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Location: Springdale, AR

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby Hawkeye » March 15th, 2017, 4:22 pm

caribcanuk wrote:The fact ppl bought the reskins for hs wether written or implied is irrelevant.


You made this relevant by claiming in your post that it was written in the store description, when it was not. Had it been written in the store, as you claimed, that would have been a different issue.

I understand your other points, and I believe everybody else does too, so there's no need to repeat them over & over. Your point has been made.
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6041
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby Tod1d » March 15th, 2017, 4:40 pm

caribcanuk wrote:...they still work as advertised when the company sold them so does your tubing bender.


The plumbing/electrical industry did the same thing. They changed to plastic pipe. So now my conduit bender is not nearly as useful as it was before. Should I get a refund?

I also have a bunch of reskin weapons. I'm a long time, loyal supporter of the game (twice as long as you). I'm not the least bit upset that they no longer apply to HS.
And I'm pretty sure my HS rank went way down the list too. But I'm not totally sure because I care so little & don't remember what my HS or rank were before the change.

It's totally OK if the only thing important to you in this game is HS. And yes, you lost a little bit. (but not much). And so did everyone else that played with the same style.
But the fact remains, if you are chasing HS, that now you only have to get 2/3 the number of harvests as before to get to the top.

It just doesn't seem worth getting so upset about, when at the end of the day, it's still JUST A GAME. :|
"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Outfitter
Posts: 4042
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby stancomputerhunter » March 15th, 2017, 5:06 pm

What about all the people, back in the day, who bought buggy whips? And then along came Benz and Ford and bunch of other guys who invented the "horseless carriage". Does the buggy whip industry have recourse? Of course not. It's called free enterprise. Do the people who bought buggy whips have recourse? Of course not. They were likely celebrating that they no longer had to shovel horse s***.

Image
Rares: 71 NTs: 20
My YouTube
User avatar
outrider
Champion Hunter
Posts: 13514
Joined: November 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby outrider » March 15th, 2017, 5:12 pm

RidgeBack69 wrote:I believe some where back in this thread EW officially said that HS2.0 would not be rolled back. Time to move on. The steady river of tears will not help!



no steady stream of tears has ever help in this game.... :x
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Image

User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10442
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Postby DHRifleman » March 15th, 2017, 9:25 pm

caribcanuk wrote:I'm done ill let the competition bureau deal with it. And so the fact I'm not near the top of the hs ranking means my purchasing the reskins is wrong or my opinion invalid . Way to go so that means on the top 200 hs get to decide what happens explains a whole lot.

No, because you are not near the top does not make your purchases wrong or your opinion invalid. It just made me ask why you bought them, and what HS means to you. I am sure that the top 200 were impacted the most since they had a lot more re-skinned weapons maxed out, so they were definitely not the ones asking to have the system revamped.

The current achievement system is the same as the old HS without a leaderboard, and the current HS leaderboard is just a kill counter with max levels.
Everything that could be worked for before is still here, and actually in 2 places now.

Does the value of HS, that can be inflated with money, and time mean that much to the players of the game?

How about we now call it what it is, and always was, Harvest Score. It can still be HS just with the correct name.

Then add some real achievements like , mission completions, comp placing, and things like that and we could have a system more in keeping with the original idea of achievements.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alena Rybik, domdom92, TheMoe and 1 guest