Status Update 2nd March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Sheldon
Spotter

Re: Status Update 2nd March 2017

Post by Sheldon »

I hope the new Spezies is the Emu!!! ;)
Ist was one of the most voted animal for BRR in the german forum "huntertalk", after the waterbuffalo.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

It's a BRR animal for sure, but I don't know what to expect for now. I'll just wait and see.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Logic would suggest that fallow deer would appear on BRR and would be a bit anti-climatic if so... but Alena is being quite cryptic with a touch of sly grin so I dunno, I don't trust her completely and it could be something completely off the wall....Hmmm....shall be interesting.... 2 new animals would not surprise me, one being the infestation of an invasive species among the avian family.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:Logic would suggest that fallow deer would appear on BRR and would be a bit anti-climatic if so... but Alena is being quite cryptic with a touch of sly grin so I dunno, I don't trust her completely and it could be something completely off the wall....Hmmm....shall be interesting.... 2 new animals would not surprise me, one being the infestation of an invasive species among the avian family.
Fallow deer seems likeliest to me too, simply because of the model in COTW. I mean, there has to be some cross pollination right? There are certainly reflections of Classic in COTW, so why not the other way? And BRR is the perfect place for them, the only logical place as you said. And another bird? You must be cringing a little? I wouldn't mind that myself to be honest, but we really need another shotgun because I'm all out of shotguns to earn HS points with.

It would be like having a whole new reserve again, BRR 2.0. Like when they introduced Reindeer to Hemmeldal. Overnight it went from being one of my least favorite reserves to one of my favs. And now, with the addition of your dreaded ptarmigan, it's so much like the area I grew up in I sometimes get Deja Vue when I'm hunting there. Even though it's supposed to be half way around the world, it looks just like my old back yard. Sometimes, when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing, I think I can just about hear my old beagle baying over and over, calling me as he chases a hare or a ptarmigan through the snowy woods. Must be a circle of life thing I guess, coming back to haunt me. O well....

(We could use some hares in Hemmeldal too. But not those little conies though, the big ones, with the huge ears and the long legs, that can jump over six feet at a time. And a slingshot.)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote: And another bird? You must be cringing a little?
Actually I wouldn't mind in BRR and have thought about it as a possibility, at least you could see the damn things which is my biggest resistance to them. On VDB they made hunting harder for Ibex and it was already hard enough. I'd just rather have them in their own environment I could choose to/not to hunt - Just like I'd like to be able to turn geese off on Hirsh when I don't want to hunt them :lol: ... and that Holiday comp that had those comps and missions just p'd me off to no end when I beat my brains out trying to find the little ba...... you get the point :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Lindenborn
Tracker

Post by Lindenborn »

This is actually the most exciting status update I can remember in a couple years..for me anyway!!!! I hope the new species is on BRR(some sort of deer maybe)!!!! VERY awesome trophy shots also, congrats to the winners and runner ups!!! Little frustrated with The Call of the Wild still..but still have great faith in that team, a little more time and I think it will be great also. But this update just boosted my spirits. The Gallery and trophy shots has been a big downer for me for a long while, same with baiting. With just a little more work they can both be great! Thanks!
SO: AWESOME JOB TEAM HUNTER!!!!
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Longmann wrote:It's all about subjectivity, friend. Everything. We've had some quite surprising lessons about it not long time ago. ;)
I was trying to be funny, my way of trying to make a joke :) Imao I hope some new beginners should win these kind of comps so they can buy a gun or something... I do not care If Im winning or not, I simply do not have anything byable in the store that I do not already own... I'we hosted comps myself, and I like to give away prices (this game only), then I'm the boss and choose the winner(s)... My comment in this thread was just a joke, but indeed very funny For Me to post :)

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update
new things to come soon, good job Staff and Devs
Congrats to the winners of the Trophy shots comp.
My guess is Water Buffalo in BRR :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I would also think BRR as everyone including the developers (see Ask us Anything answers) feel this reserve needs some love.

A deer species would be nice to get and it should roam both halves of BRR. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Thanks for the Update.
BRR needs some love so I'm very excited to what's cooking in the EW kitchen, as well as looking forward to the improved HS and baiting system. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”