Status Update 2nd March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Daugr
Scout

Re: Status Update 2nd March 2017

Post by Daugr »

FR_Bugs wrote:
Daugr wrote:...it could only be Rougarou Bayou ...
Rougarou Bayou was released on December 2013 and Alena join in January 2014, it's Bushrangers Run definitively ;)
Damn, I did a bad research ... :oops:

Dingoes!!!! or maybe something else for BRR
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

Daugr wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:
Daugr wrote:...it could only be Rougarou Bayou ...
Rougarou Bayou was released on December 2013 and Alena join in January 2014, it's Bushrangers Run definitively ;)
Damn, I did a bad research ... :oops:

Dingoes!!!! or maybe something else for BRR

Ladies and gentleman We have a BINGO !!!!
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

PardalAlgarve wrote:Alena i'd like to know why you guys work on new stuff when there is so many bugs that need to be fixed, since the team works slowly idk why? Is it the profit that stops when you don't release?
Can i get some type of answer?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

PardalAlgarve wrote:
PardalAlgarve wrote:Alena i'd like to know why you guys work on new stuff when there is so many bugs that need to be fixed, since the team works slowly idk why? Is it the profit that stops when you don't release?
please keep in mind that although this is the official forum there is no guarantee that an employee from EW answers one of your questions ;)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

PardalAlgarve wrote:
What kind of answer do you expect? A lot of those bugs are worked on, but it's an old engine that has been developed and changed for 8 years - and obviously often it's difficult to fix certain bugs and it takes a lot of resources. And if EW only worked on bugs and didn't develop new features (that can be monetized) in the meantime, they wouldn't earn enough money to keep the game running. Sure, you can wait for Stefan or Alena to give you an official answer, but we have heard that more than once on different occasions.

Don't ever expect this game to be bug free! Alena said that they will try to find a good balance between fixing bugs, improving old features and introducing new ones, but the dream some players have - that EW will exclusively fix bugs for a certain amount of time - will never happen. And it wouldn't even make sense: what would the artists and designers do while the programmers are fixing bugs for a month? Make coffee? ;)
Image Image Image
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

PardalAlgarve wrote:

Im a gamer. Have been a gamer for thirty years. I have yet to come across a game that doesnt have bugs. They all have them. You work around them . Some you can exploit . Thehunter is actualy not that bad when it comes to the amount of serious bugs. Most I would classify as annoying bugs.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

WHEEEE! I'm so excited, thanks so much for the screenshot competition prize, and congrats to the other winners :) I'm super excited right now!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote: What kind of answer do you expect?
I know this is off topic, but I burst out laughing as soon as I started to read you're post. When I was a kid, whenever I would ask my Mother for something and the answer was 'no,' she would answer with "What would you like me to say?" and walk away. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
PardalAlgarve wrote:
What kind of answer do you expect? A lot of those bugs are worked on, but it's an old engine that has been developed and changed for 8 years - and obviously often it's difficult to fix certain bugs and it takes a lot of resources. And if EW only worked on bugs and didn't develop new features (that can be monetized) in the meantime, they wouldn't earn enough money to keep the game running. Sure, you can wait for Stefan or Alena to give you an official answer, but we have heard that more than once on different occasions.

Don't ever expect this game to be bug free! Alena said that they will try to find a good balance between fixing bugs, improving old features and introducing new ones, but the dream some players have - that EW will exclusively fix bugs for a certain amount of time - will never happen. And it wouldn't even make sense: what would the artists and designers do while the programmers are fixing bugs for a month? Make coffee?
;)
Good reply...that's put me off of renewing my membership when it ends in 9 days time.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”