Status Update 2nd March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 2nd March 2017

Post by caledonianblues »

Muglug wrote:Good reply...that's put me off of renewing my membership when it ends in 9 days time.
Were you only going to renew if in 9 days' time the game was bug free? Obviously nobody likes to see a player walking away from the game, but I'm curious to know what changed since the last time you decided to renew? Bugs are being fixed, new content and features are being added. There are still bugs, sure, and there will always be bugs, but that's not exactly a new revelation. If anything, the game is in a better position that it was last year.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

good news, but there are some annoying bugs to solve. The bait for bears, yesterday i add 2 bait in the barrel, this morning on the map i see attractiveness 0, but bait 0, how is that possible. If actractiveness 0 then still 2 bait. Again, when you lean out the towers especially close to doors (only for closed towers not dismantable tripods) with a weapon aimed at a target, the whole image to screen begins to flicker or weapon get blocked, doing it impossible to aim and execute the shot. there would be others, but now I remember more annoying two.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

1Al wrote:The bait for bears, yesterday i add 2 bait in the barrel, this morning on the map i see attractiveness 0, but bait 0, how is that possible. If actractiveness 0 then still 2 bait.
The scenario you've described is normal. Adding 2 units of bait to a site will cause the attraction to start increasing (assuming the bait site is in an appropriate location) at which point the bait will start to deplete. Once the bait is consumed (2 units would not last long) the attraction will drop back to zero again. It's entirely feasible that this happened overnight, hence no bait left and zero attraction.

On a side note, we're in the process of reviewing how the baiting system works.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

caledonianblues wrote:
1Al wrote:The bait for bears, yesterday i add 2 bait in the barrel, this morning on the map i see attractiveness 0, but bait 0, how is that possible. If actractiveness 0 then still 2 bait.
The scenario you've described is normal. Adding 2 units of bait to a site will cause the attraction to start increasing (assuming the bait site is in an appropriate location) at which point the bait will start to deplete. Once the bait is consumed (2 units would not last long) the attraction will drop back to zero again. It's entirely feasible that this happened overnight, hence no bait left and zero attraction.

On a side note, we're in the process of reviewing how the baiting system works.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that, but there is the bug of the towers to be solved. Another one is the animals get stuck into trees and rocks. Then happened once the huntermate not detects the prey knocked down on the ground, I had turns around more times and eventually detect it. I'm glad to hear that you still work actively on thehunter classic, i hope you will not abandon thehunter for new cotw

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”