Game Update 22nd February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Game Update 22nd February 2017

Post by Pittie »

My only non-Bodyshot was on rendeer. On all other bigger animals I got always Bodyshots. Also of very short distance. Perhaps that might be just me and my bad Shooting too?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Pittie wrote:Wouldn't it be better to justify the unpopular Long Colt-Revolver Kaliber .45? Almost every player don't like and use it.
Why? What do you think be changed / improved about that one?
The Colt .45 Long reload animation is incorrect. The cylinder should not swing out. The original Colt .45 held six cartridges (hence "six shooter") and the cylinder was rotated in place, loading one cartridge at a time through an access port on the right side. (Usually only five cartridges were loaded, and the weapon was holstered with the hammer down on the empty chamber, for safety.)

Also, for authenticity, it should not support mounting a scope.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

JimboCrow wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
Pittie wrote:Wouldn't it be better to justify the unpopular Long Colt-Revolver Kaliber .45? Almost every player don't like and use it.
The Colt .45 Long reload animation is incorrect. The cylinder should not swing out. The original Colt .45 held six cartridges (hence "six shooter") and the cylinder was rotated in place, loading one cartridge at a time through an access port on the right side. (Usually only five cartridges were loaded, and the weapon was holstered with the hammer down on the empty chamber, for safety.)

Yes, we are aware of the complaints about animations. We've discussed it in length with our previous game designer and animator when the handgun was first released. The thing is that we don't make guns that are copies of real weapons. We make weapons inspired by real life weapons but we have a creative freedom when it comes to model, animations and how they work. I think in this case the name is more of a problem, we might change it to avoid similar confusions but we won't be reworking the animations as this would be too big of a task which we don't have a place for in our animation roadmap.

From Pittie's comment I understood that the .45 could benefit from the similar "treatment" as we have given to .357 (i.e. increased penetration), that's why I asked whether there is something there that we missed and that could be looked into.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Alena Rybik wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

Yes, we are aware of the complaints about animations. We've discussed it in length with our previous game designer and animator when the handgun was first released. The thing is that we don't make guns that are copies of real weapons. We make weapons inspired by real life weapons but we have a creative freedom when it comes to model, animations and how they work. I think in this case the name is more of a problem, we might change it to avoid similar confusions but we won't be reworking the animations as this would be too big of a task which we don't have a place for in our animation roadmap.

From Pittie's comment I understood that the .45 could benefit from the similar "treatment" as we have given to .357 (i.e. increased penetration), that's why I asked whether there is something there that we missed and that could be looked into.
I actually think the penetration, as it is, is probably the most realistic thing about this weapon. Honestly, if you reworked the animation to a more CLASSIC reload sequence, you might sell more than just changing the name. Or you could increase penetration. ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”