Game Update 22nd February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update 22nd February 2017

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Slinky Pickle wrote:
tsg303 wrote:An error occured. Download of torrent data failed?
Anyone else have this fail?
Yes, this is what I receive over and over since the update. So far I am not able to play TheHunter. I have rebooted a number of times but haven't had any success updating.

Have you installed COTW?
There is an entire thread in this forum which explains a solution. Perhaps you could look for that.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

caledonianblues wrote:
Terzi1985 wrote:Will you guys at least admit finally that the baiting is STILL not working correctly and admit the fact that we have lost significant amount of bait (=money) for not getting the results we have learnt to expect to get for the money spent?
The baiting system is working exactly as it was designed. Clearly the game design needs to be tweaked so that player expectations are better met, and so that the baiting system offers players better value for money. This is on the agenda for the future and would have to take place before bait management functionality was even considered. Any improvements to the baiting system mechanics will not be chargeable, as Alena has already stated.
While it is very possible the bait sites are working how they are currently designed, they are not working the way they were originally designed and implemented. There was a 2 fold effect with the attraction increase in the original implementation. First was more bears would spawn in the attraction location the higher the attraction, and second the attraction radius would increase.
I believe that when spawning control was moved from the client to the server the first part of the system was lost, and has never returned. Fix that and the baiting will be back to how it was originally designed, and implemented.

As to charging for auto fill from the launcher or website, that is really moot until they are working again like they were originally designed too.

A reply to Alean's post
As for the membership cost not going up even though new reserves and animals were added, well why would it? All the prior existing content has already been created and paid for, only the new animals and reserves need to be funded, and the membership fee should do that along with server support. Obviously if there was enough excess revenue to create 2 additional games, there should be enough now to support further development of this game.

There was lots of hype of the 5 and 6 million users of this game, even the actual small percentage of those numbers that actually pay into this game was enough to make excess capitol. Maybe if CoTW does really well it can payback this game for what it used to be created.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Slinky Pickle

Post by Slinky Pickle »

stancomputerhunter wrote:There is an entire thread in this forum which explains a solution. Perhaps you could look for that.
I've searched but still kind find it. Any pointers on where it is?
tsg303
Tracker

Post by tsg303 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Slinky Pickle wrote:
tsg303 wrote:An error occured. Download of torrent data failed?
Anyone else have this fail?
Yes, this is what I receive over and over since the update. So far I am not able to play TheHunter. I have rebooted a number of times but haven't had any success updating.

Have you installed COTW?
There is an entire thread in this forum which explains a solution. Perhaps you could look for that.
Yes I have COTW. Fixed it with reinstaling THC
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

◾Tweaks for .357 Revolvers – Slightly increased penetration
Wouldn't it be better to justify the unpopular Long Colt-Revolver Kaliber .45? Almost every player don't like and use it.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pittie wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to justify the unpopular Long Colt-Revolver Kaliber .45? Almost every player don't like and use it.
Why? What do you think be changed / improved about that one?
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Pittie wrote:
Why? What do you think be changed / improved about that one?
Reviews about this handgun: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... hilit=colt
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Slinky Pickle wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:There is an entire thread in this forum which explains a solution. Perhaps you could look for that.
I've searched but still kind find it. Any pointers on where it is?
Here is one: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=76708

And another: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=78644

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Pittie wrote:
I think the issue with the colt is more to do with the design, its look and feel doesn't represent a colt. The power was fine for the few shots I used it(on hogs).

.357 needed a bit more punch
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I would for sure give the same treatment you gave to the .357 to the .45LC, but that might be just me and my bad shooting.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”