Re: Game Update 22nd February 2017

Post by FR_Bugs »

@EndPin :

Edit : Dennis was the fastest :)
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I for one did not agree with the price of the trophy shots, but I understand what Alena Rybik was saying.

So how about a compromise to the situation ?
Giving some discount to those with active memberships when these additions are put in game. for a limited time only ?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Terzi1985 wrote:Wait WHAT!? Now you came up with the idea of making the bait filling a premium priced stuff too? The request for this feature has been there ages, it's been talked about for a long time and now when it finally appears to be happening perhaps some day, it is all of a sudden a premium extra cost stuff.
Just because something has been requested for a long time does not mean it should be included in the standard membership. By that logic a lot of the weapons and items in the game, some of which were requested for a long time by players, should be included for free. Most recently the shooting tripod rest for example.

If the functionality to maintain bait sites from the website and launcher does ever become a reality it will be an optional extra for players which is -not- required to make full use of, or to enjoy the benefits of bait sites. It will also require expensive resource to design, test and implement. By keeping premium features optional, it means the membership prices do not have to increase, allowing players to continue to invest as much or as little into the game as they choose.
Terzi1985 wrote:I'm expecting the bait filling to cost so much too that most of the players simply cannot afford it, even though they've waited it for a very long time... Never before it has been said to be an extra cost premium feature if it comes out, good idea is now starting to feel very dissapointing.
But it is, by definition, a premium feature. It would offer no advantage to the effectiveness of bait sites, and it would not give players an in-game advantage over other players. It would simply enable players to forget about filling their bait sites manually in the future, saving them some time. I suspect given the choice, most players would be happy to pay a fee for this luxury rather than not have the option at all. Premium features will always appeal to some but not everyone.
Terzi1985 wrote:Will you guys at least admit finally that the baiting is STILL not working correctly and admit the fact that we have lost significant amount of bait (=money) for not getting the results we have learnt to expect to get for the money spent?
The baiting system is working exactly as it was designed. Clearly the game design needs to be tweaked so that player expectations are better met, and so that the baiting system offers players better value for money. This is on the agenda for the future and would have to take place before bait management functionality was even considered. Any improvements to the baiting system mechanics will not be chargeable, as Alena has already stated.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

The baiting system is working exactly as it was designed.
Are you sure because bear barrels are still broken, only 2 bears with 100%.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

therisths wrote:Are you sure because bear barrels are still broken, only 2 bears with 100%.
They do exactly as the code specifies, and the code is written in accordance with the game design. The game design needs to be looked at, then the code can be looked at.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I really don't think that filling baits from the launcher is a good idea. I know that this game doesn't do everything super realistically, but filling baits without even going into a game seems to be going a bit to far to me. Filling baits manually also means that you are more invested in the entire process. Not just click a button, wait a few days, then go shoot something. Just doesn't seem right to me.
Alright all you haters, let me have it. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
DaiNochii
Spotter

Post by DaiNochii »

Now that you can freeze animals in trophy shots, I wonder if we'll be able in the future to grab and pose multiple animals in a photo, since dragging only one to pose all the others can require a lot of time. Pretty surely bow hunters that take down multiple animals in the same spot & small game hunters with retrievers would enjoy this.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Game Update 22nd February 2017

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

caledonianblues wrote:
therisths wrote:Are you sure because bear barrels are still broken, only 2 bears with 100%.
They do exactly as the code specifies, and the code is written in accordance with the game design. The game design needs to be looked at, then the code can be looked at.
David, I really wanted to stay out of this one, but am compelled to have to comment here, and this is the last I will say about it. Way back when, when the feeders worked as they did, they worked EXACTLY how the long-gone now Developers had explained it. I won't get into details, as you know, but back when the first issue appeared with them not working at all, someone (or someone's, plural) in an attempt to fix, rewrote the coding which is what you see NOW. And NOW is NOT the way they have always worked. Whether there is also something else at play there, I do not know, but as it stands right now, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to maintain barrels or feeders, hence why it doesn't even matter right now if they could be filled from the launcher/website or in-game because spending money on a broken "design" is just stupid. And for us longtime players here who were around before the feeders/Bait barrels, it is very obvious that if this is what you are calling the "design" as it is now, someone made a very serious mistake. Who knows? Maybe we all have a case of misunderstanding through wording, both players and Devs. Maybe it's a case of too many hands on one thing. Maybe the departed Developers need to be contacted to figure it out? I really do not know. I have said my piece about this for the last time, I will not speak of it again until something is done about it. Until then, my feeders, like many others, will remain empty. I can literally walk around RFF and find more bears in 3 hours than I can waiting a week for the feeder attractiveness to get up there to attract a whopping 2 bears. Repeat that statement a couple of times. Kinda sounds like a pretty bad design flaw, huh.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Totally agree with Chuck on that one. The barrel attractiveness needs to be re-worked asap. I miss being able to sit in my tree stand droppin' bears with my bows one after one. Right now there is no point of filling the barrels/feeders for this very reason.
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Terzi1985 wrote:Wait WHAT!? Now you came up with the idea of making the bait filling a premium priced stuff too? The request for this feature has been there ages, it's been talked about for a long time and now when it finally appears to be happening perhaps some day, it is all of a sudden a premium extra cost stuff.
Just because something has been requested for a long time does not mean it should be included in the standard membership. By that logic a lot of the weapons and items in the game, some of which were requested for a long time by players, should be included for free. Most recently the shooting tripod rest for example.

If the functionality to maintain bait sites from the website and launcher does ever become a reality it will be an optional extra for players which is -not- required to make full use of, or to enjoy the benefits of bait sites. It will also require expensive resource to design, test and implement. By keeping premium features optional, it means the membership prices do not have to increase, allowing players to continue to invest as much or as little into the game as they choose.
Terzi1985 wrote:I'm expecting the bait filling to cost so much too that most of the players simply cannot afford it, even though they've waited it for a very long time... Never before it has been said to be an extra cost premium feature if it comes out, good idea is now starting to feel very dissapointing.
But it is, by definition, a premium feature. It would offer no advantage to the effectiveness of bait sites, and it would not give players an in-game advantage over other players. It would simply enable players to forget about filling their bait sites manually in the future, saving them some time. I suspect given the choice, most players would be happy to pay a fee for this luxury rather than not have the option at all. Premium features will always appeal to some but not everyone.
Terzi1985 wrote:Will you guys at least admit finally that the baiting is STILL not working correctly and admit the fact that we have lost significant amount of bait (=money) for not getting the results we have learnt to expect to get for the money spent?
The baiting system is working exactly as it was designed. Clearly the game design needs to be tweaked so that player expectations are better met, and so that the baiting system offers players better value for money. This is on the agenda for the future and would have to take place before bait management functionality was even considered. Any improvements to the baiting system mechanics will not be chargeable, as Alena has already stated.
As already stated, stuff like the tripod rest is a different thing, I had no problems paying for it, and if it works now, I'm perfectly happy for it, shame it was released too early in a not working state even though I understood it was tested before the release. It's also a an "solid item", not a "service" for a matter of "that logic". I have never asked any physical solid item to be free, I also have no problem with premium items pricing. But a feature of filling the baits from the laucher is a completely different thing from the buyable items altogether and I hope no-one mixes those together.

The reason I'm upset is because I truly feel the pricing of the postures got wayyyyy out of hand and I truly fear that it flattens the road for overpricing other sfuff in the future too. And I am definitely not alone feeling this way. Premium is premium but selling something with seriously grazy prices and washing their hands out ouf just by saying hey, it's premium! It doesn't chance the fact that the pricing is grazy. 10 euros for 10 new ways to press a one button, but hey, it's premium! It's still grazy overpriced premium. It is a cool feature I'm not denying that but not even in my wildest dreams I would ask a 10 euros for a feature that small, premium or not. You can get huge DLC:s on many games starting with few euros, yet theHunter charges 10 euros for a 10 new ways to posture on a trophy shot. That's not premium, that is grazy!!

If this same grazy pricing policy is being utilized when the refill feature comes out...Well I hope it's not, I hope it would be more reasonably priced AND able to be paid with gms too, then it would be ok. Going grazy and saying it's just premium is not ok.

And for the baiting itself, ok, it works just fine, then something else in the equation does not work like it used to work, perhaps the animal AI has chanced or their roaming behaviour has chanched to cause the well notable difference in bait huntings effiency and results. Years and hours of hunting on the baits give a fairly solid knowledge of how it works and what kind of results you tend to get in a long run, there's always small deviations from hunt to another hunt but you still know fairly well the averages what to expect. And when you realize that something has chanced so radically that you the results have drop by over a half, you know that something has changed. if you can expect less than half what you used to at the best, but still pay the same price, it doen not feel right. The cost of bait filling has not dropped by a half, it's usefulness and results have, whatever the reason for that is. And that is something that makes lot of us feeling being ignored and bit angry. I'm sorry for being rude but this pricing policy brought up all the frustration that's been building up for long time.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”