Status Update 16th February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Status Update 16th February 2017

Post by BCKidd »

If I understand it correctly, we have to buy CoTW, before we will get that .270 rifle. So, basically, if you don't buy CoTW because your rig can't handle it, then you don't get the .270, is this correct? I was under the impression that everyone that has been a loyal theHunter Classic member, whether you bought CoTW or not you would get that rifle. SO, since my PC can't handle CoTW and I've been a theHunter Classic member for some years, my membership loyalty to theHunter Classic, is moot simply because I won't buy CoTW due to it being pointless since my PC can't run that game. So, I get no .270...hmmm. Makes lil' sense. It shouldn't have been stated that all theHunter members would receive this gift. Because not all of us have a rig that can handle CoTW, so why would we buy it? Essentially the .270 isn't a gift at all, we need to buy a game to get it. That is a pretty expensive rifle ain't it. :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

I don't think it was stated anywhere on the status update page that simply because you were a tH:Classic member, you get a rifle for free. It seemed pretty clear to me - if you are a member of tH:Classic, and you buy the new game, doing both of these things will net you in-game rewards for both games:
The Status Update wrote:To celebrate the new creation from the EW furnace, we’re running a promotion in both games. If you buy theHunter: Call of the Wild in the first three months after release you will receive this exclusive .270 Bolt Action Rifle “Call of the Wild” in theHunter: Classic. This rifle will never be released in our store and hence will have no achievements attached to it. theHunter: Call of the Wild is also offering unique rifle and Ghillie Suit for active and loyal theHunter: Classic players. You can find more details on how to participate in this promotion and redeem your rewards in both games on this page.
So no, if you don't buy tH:CotW for whatever reason (you don't like it, your comp can't run it, you don't like Steam, etc), then you don't get the reward. It wasn't a "free rifles for everyone" promotion, it was a "buy our other game and get something to play with in tH:Classic" promotion. Seems reasonable to me.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
TimCrazy
Spotter

Post by TimCrazy »

The update has not made it so that we have the ammo either from the looks of it...Is it just me or is it everyone?
Spoiler:
Piebald: 5
Black Piebald: 2
Melanistic: 1
Albino: 1
Cinnamon: 1
Blonde: 1
Non-typicals: 3
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

deleted it as it was pointless and uncalled for.
sorry all.
Last edited by Muglug on February 17th, 2017, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BCKidd wrote:If I understand it correctly, we have to buy CoTW, before we will get that .270 rifle. So, basically, if you don't buy CoTW because your rig can't handle it, then you don't get the .270, is this correct? I was under the impression that everyone that has been a loyal theHunter Classic member, whether you bought CoTW or not you would get that rifle. SO, since my PC can't handle CoTW and I've been a theHunter Classic member for some years, my membership loyalty to theHunter Classic, is moot simply because I won't buy CoTW due to it being pointless since my PC can't run that game. So, I get no .270...hmmm. Makes lil' sense. It shouldn't have been stated that all theHunter members would receive this gift. Because not all of us have a rig that can handle CoTW, so why would we buy it? Essentially the .270 isn't a gift at all, we need to buy a game to get it. That is a pretty expensive rifle ain't it. :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
It is a cross-promotion. You need to have invested a bit into Classic to receive the in-game exclusive items in CotW, and you need to own CotW to get the exclusive rifle in Classic. Don't think of the Classic 270 as a veteran reward, but a "Thanks for purchasing CotW" reward.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Hawkeye wrote:
BCKidd wrote:If I understand it correctly, we have to buy CoTW, before we will get that .270 rifle. So, basically, if you don't buy CoTW because your rig can't handle it, then you don't get the .270, is this correct? I was under the impression that everyone that has been a loyal theHunter Classic member, whether you bought CoTW or not you would get that rifle. SO, since my PC can't handle CoTW and I've been a theHunter Classic member for some years, my membership loyalty to theHunter Classic, is moot simply because I won't buy CoTW due to it being pointless since my PC can't run that game. So, I get no .270...hmmm. Makes lil' sense. It shouldn't have been stated that all theHunter members would receive this gift. Because not all of us have a rig that can handle CoTW, so why would we buy it? Essentially the .270 isn't a gift at all, we need to buy a game to get it. That is a pretty expensive rifle ain't it. :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
It is a cross-promotion. You need to have invested a bit into Classic to receive the in-game exclusive items in CotW, and you need to own CotW to get the exclusive rifle in Classic. Don't think of the Classic 270 as a veteran reward, but a "Thanks for purchasing CotW" reward.
TundraPuppy wrote:I don't think it was stated anywhere on the status update page that simply because you were a tH:Classic member, you get a rifle for free. It seemed pretty clear to me - if you are a member of tH:Classic, and you buy the new game, doing both of these things will net you in-game rewards for both games:
The Status Update wrote:To celebrate the new creation from the EW furnace, we’re running a promotion in both games. If you buy theHunter: Call of the Wild in the first three months after release you will receive this exclusive .270 Bolt Action Rifle “Call of the Wild” in theHunter: Classic. This rifle will never be released in our store and hence will have no achievements attached to it. theHunter: Call of the Wild is also offering unique rifle and Ghillie Suit for active and loyal theHunter: Classic players. You can find more details on how to participate in this promotion and redeem your rewards in both games on this page.
So no, if you don't buy tH:CotW for whatever reason (you don't like it, your comp can't run it, you don't like Steam, etc), then you don't get the reward. It wasn't a "free rifles for everyone" promotion, it was a "buy our other game and get something to play with in tH:Classic" promotion. Seems reasonable to me.
Thanks. I get it now. Sorry if I misunderstood. MY apologies to EW. I honestly read it, that if you were a theHunter Classic member, once the release of CoTW happens everyone with a membership in theHunter Classic will receive the .270. My bad. :oops: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TimCrazy
Spotter

Post by TimCrazy »

Ok nevermind I checked and I have the ammo as well :)
Spoiler:
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I am a bit confused here on the promo.
I have both games, had theHunter for awhile now, and just got the keycode and gamekeeper shotgun code from Amazon.
I've put both codes in at steam, and they were accepted.

I don't see the rifle in theHunter when I log in through steam, nor the unique rifle and Ghillie Suit in CoTW.

The page referenced is http://cotwpromo.thehunter.com/#/
but that only shows the 2 games logo and nothing else.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Trackfield wrote:I am a bit confused here on the promo.
I have both games, had theHunter for awhile now, and just got the keycode and gamekeeper shotgun code from Amazon.

I don't see the rifle in theHunter when I log in through steam, nor the unique rifle and Ghillie Suit in CoTW.

The CotW items are visible in the in-game store. They don't go straight to your inventory.
TimCrazy
Spotter

Post by TimCrazy »

Trackfield wrote:I am a bit confused here on the promo.

How do you get those codes?
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”