Game & Status Updates 9th February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 9th February 2017

Post by Tanngnjostr »

mapache01 wrote:4th) Does not work as Guest on MP! only Host can use em, another sadly thing, this is the worst feature I found
Guests can use those deployed by the host, but they cannot deploy their own (like large equipment). I think Alena said that they are trying to make it possible for guests to use their own equipment, but I guess that'll be a larger project which might take some time.
mapache01 wrote:6) Another feature you can fix/add, allow to change the height without exit, now you lost time exit the tripod, stand or kneel and again enter the tripod to aim, all ready lost 2 Bucks when I notice this
Hmm... this does work for me. While aiming, I can go from standing to crouching and vice versa. Are you sure it doesn't work for you?

I agree that the sideways movement needs to be fixed, it's not useable for long range shots the way it is right now. Good to hear the devs are already working on it.
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

mapache01 wrote: 5th) Why cannot use em INSIDE the GB??? see follow Image, that's what you can do IRL, you can use bipod, tripod, stick Inside the GB

6) Another feature you can fix/add, allow to change the height without exit, now you lost time exit the tripod, stand or kneel and again enter the tripod to aim, all ready lost 2 Bucks when I notice this

7) Another tool or feature you can add or sell, Use it on Tree Stand
If I am not mistaken the ground blind,treestand,Tripod and Towers all give extra weapon stability. I don't know if it is 7/20 skill levels But I don't think a player should be able to Stack the shooting rest with any of the other stands. Just my opinion.
Spoiler:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
mapache01 wrote: 5th) Why cannot use em INSIDE the GB??? see follow Image, that's what you can do IRL, you can use bipod, tripod, stick Inside the GB

6) Another feature you can fix/add, allow to change the height without exit, now you lost time exit the tripod, stand or kneel and again enter the tripod to aim, all ready lost 2 Bucks when I notice this

7) Another tool or feature you can add or sell, Use it on Tree Stand
If I am not mistaken the ground blind,treestand,Tripod and Towers all give extra weapon stability. I don't know if it is 7/20 skill levels But I don't think a player should be able to Stack the shooting rest with any of the other stands. Just my opinion.
Do you see my pictures to describe those features? That's how works IRL, I can deploy my Tripod inside a Ground Blind to take photos and Also can deploy Shotting Stick (no bipod,tripod is only a stick) , exactly this one
https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Monopod-T ... E8W282D70C and you can buy a Stand Attachment to use it on Tree Stand, this one https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Trigger-S ... 7JYVQTJJTH
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
mapache01 wrote:6) Another feature you can fix/add, allow to change the height without exit, now you lost time exit the tripod, stand or kneel and again enter the tripod to aim, all ready lost 2 Bucks when I notice this
Hmm... this does work for me. While aiming, I can go from standing to crouching and vice versa. Are you sure it doesn't work for you?

I agree that the sideways movement needs to be fixed, it's not useable for long range shots the way it is right now. Good to hear the devs are already working on it.
Try on Hirschfelden, does not work for me, try 3 times one to shot a Roe Deer and then to shot pigs, every time I have to exit, stand deploy aim.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

Thanks for the update! ;)

Very informative as always! ;)

I´m stickin´ with my beloved Hunter Classic, definetely ;)

Big thx for the Shooting sticks, very good! ;)

Keep up the good work, i´m with U ;)

Cya

your FatMountainbear aka BearsBack aka SamtheDog
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

mapache01 wrote:Why cannot use em INSIDE the GB??? see follow Image, that's what you can do IRL, you can use bipod, tripod, stick Inside the GB
The tripod shooting rest is effectively a "platform", just like tripod stands, treestands, groundblinds and towers. It's not possible to use multiple platforms simultaneously.
mapache01 wrote:Try on Hirschfelden, does not work for me, try 3 times one to shot a Roe Deer and then to shot pigs, every time I have to exit, stand deploy aim.
Can you please create a bug report if you're able to reproduce this issue consistently? Thanks.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree with \m/. I can't make heads or tails of that Steam forum. Nothing is sorted like here.
+1. Sadly, that is true.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

mapache01 wrote:1st) Thanks for the Shooting Stick, I was one of many asking and waiting for this aid.
1) Great!
2) We are working on making that movement smoother, there are some MP consideration we need to take into account, I will tell you more when we manage to find a compromise.
4) As someone said above, guests can use tripods Hosts have placed, same as for other world items.
5) Mostly because of the nightmare collisions. Right now there can be two hunters (and two dogs) in a blind, trying to make it possible for a tripod stick to fit into there without ugly collision problems would be super expensive for us to develop if not impossible. Plus we don't have support right now for using a platform within a platform, which would also need to be developed. We discussed it during the implementation of the shooting rest, but it was quickly decided that this would be not worth it.
6) The functionality is there. I've just tried it on Hirschfelden and it worked like a charm. Like caledonianblues suggested, please create a bug report (preferably with the video) and we will look into it.
7) See point 5. Plus tree stand already provides an excellent weapon wobble reduction, so I don't see any real benefit to use a Shooting rest there.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
mapache01 wrote:1st) Thanks for the Shooting Stick, I was one of many asking and waiting for this aid.
6) The functionality is there. I've just tried it on Hirschfelden and it worked like a charm. Like caledonianblues suggested, please create a bug report (preferably with the video) and we will look into it.
Hi,
Thanks, I done this, clear cache, clear launcher try and nothing, but then It occurs me another solution, and maybe this can help EW and some others:
Since I don't play theHunter trough Steam but I have Steam account, I delete al the C:\Program Files (x86)\theHunter\game folder so the game start to reinstall again everything, but this take too long, so I went to copy the Game folder on StemaApps on my computer this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter\game
I launch again the game trough Webpage and go to Hirschfelden and VOILA now works, Why? I don't know but now works
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Regarding this:
Friends’ lists are now ordered alphabetically.
My friend counter counts down. The counter showed 182. I have accepted a friend request, and not it shows 181.
Before this change, the counter was always at 1000. Never went beyond but also not down.
When I scroll through the friend list, it stops with a name that starts with C.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”