Game & Status Updates 9th February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Terzi1985
Scout

Re: Game & Status Updates 9th February 2017

Post by Terzi1985 »

Tried the rest now with 3 guns, the .22Plinkington, .223 AR and the Blaser R8. Same problem with all, the horizontal axis is grazy while trying to aim, already lost 4 spots to shoot since I just can't get the crosshair on the animal, the slightest possible move I can make and the crosshair jumps half a deer lenght aside. It's not even moving smoothly, it moves in NOTCHES!! Just a game of lottery if I get the crosshair to stop on the right aiming point or not.

And if this is a problem with deer sized animals, trying to shoot pheasants or bunnies with the 12x scope is like playing a ship sinking game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really REALLY hope devs fix this, otherwise this was a totally useless purchase because it makes, at least on me, the aiming even more difficult than aiming without it. :roll:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Roger_Mellie wrote:Radamus - maybe that is the game that needs to alter then, as for real, I know how much difference a bipod can make for unsupported prone shots, or to make the best of a solid object.
I'm afraid you are correct. The aiming ability we get by going prone is equivalent to having a bipod. I use them IRL on my woodchuck guns and I sometimes carry a bean bag rest for the butt end and it's almost as good as being on a bench rest. I agree, they could have sold that stability in the form of a bipod from the beginning because prone with hand supporting the forearm? Oh yeah, no where near as steady as we have it in the game. The best answer is to build the skl lvl's up to where it's not an issue but early on? man I would've paid dearly for this rifle rest.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Good update indeed.....
killing 2 birds with 1 stone for the Trophy Shots.......nice one!
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

my take and look at the rest, seems as a nice addition and definatly something i've been wanting for some time! :D
Doesn't fit on ice on WRR though! :P
And amazing with the trophy shots! :D
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you EW! :D
Very good news with the update and release of the Tripod Rest! This should become a real "must have" for any of our long range shooters.
I did notice a bit of unsteadiness with the side to side horizontal movement and hope this will be smoothed out possibly with the next patch (fingers crossed). :roll:
Overall, a great addition to our equipment that a lot of us have been waiting for. ;)
Really looking forward to see the new Trophy Shot designs!
Great update! 8-)
Spoiler:
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

Thanks for the update, not too keen on the tripod myself as I don't want it to take the fun out of leveling weapons but it's good that it's added for the people that have requested one for so long. Trophy shot poses sound interesting, glad to hear that department is being worked on.

Also absolutely can't wait for CotW to drop even though I still feel my heart will belong to thC at least for the time being but we will see. :) I really like all the online and community elements of tHC, so CotW may be a step backwards in that regard but it's a good thing they are not trying to cannibalize their userbase. One day we can maybe see a full successor to tHC but until then I can't wait to see if there is another reserve, more animals, and more weapons in store for 2017 :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I've read Alena's update post over and over, and I can't find any mention of trophy shots, except for the trophy shots at TGT being correctly identified. What is all of this about new trophy shots?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I've read Alena's update post over and over, and I can't find any mention of trophy shots, except for the trophy shots at TGT being correctly identified. What is all of this about new trophy shots?
It's near the bottom. There is a picture of a hunter with a wolf in one of the trophy poses.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Duh, there are two updates today. One called Status, and one called Game. I only read one of them, but the discussion was for both of them. Thanks IA.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Terzi1985 wrote:Tried the rest now with 3 guns, the .22Plinkington, .223 AR and the Blaser R8. Same problem with all, the horizontal axis is grazy while trying to aim, already lost 4 spots to shoot since I just can't get the crosshair on the animal, the slightest possible move I can make and the crosshair jumps half a deer lenght aside. It's not even moving smoothly, it moves in NOTCHES!! Just a game of lottery if I get the crosshair to stop on the right aiming point or not.

And if this is a problem with deer sized animals, trying to shoot pheasants or bunnies with the 12x scope is like playing a ship sinking game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really REALLY hope devs fix this, otherwise this was a totally useless purchase because it makes, at least on me, the aiming even more difficult than aiming without it. :roll:
My guns move in notches when I'm in treestands too. I can only use my bow from my stand. If I want to use a gun, I have to get out of the stand first.
homk

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”