Status Update 3rd February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Kraftyk

Re: Status Update 3rd February 2017

Post by Kraftyk »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Must be something with your system or Steam account. All went smooth for me, both Steam or Web versions.
Try to just close and restart Steam (if you didn't do that already).
I did this to try fix the problem:
- Restart the steam few times
- Verify the game files
- Clean game and launcher cache

But no luck at all. :(
Kraftyk wrote:The update was great but you did not address the launcher, yet you put out the new membership bundles only available through thehunter launcher and we still have to do a full download and so far I've tried it 5 times and still can't get it to update even with the full launch so the new memberships are not available to me. It seems you should have fixed the launcher before you offered something only available through it. I have two computers of which both are high end gaming computers and it will not work on either one of them. Getting very frustrated with thehunter not fixing the launcher that you need to play the game. Yes I can play through Steam but the new membership bundles were not available through steam.
You are right. Fixing old bugs is more important.

And about the new bundles in steam. Those 3 new bundles is available in steam right now:

theHunter - Stealth Hunter:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/58217 ... 1_5_9__405

theHunter - Duck Hunter:

theHunter - Deer Hunter:
Those are not the ones that I was talking about. They had membership extentions that they posted were only available through the website and not through steam. Just stinks that the launcher doesn't work right. I've used up a bunch of our data usage for the last 3 months trying to get it to work. They keep saying they are working on it but instead every update is about new crap and the launcher never gets mentioned or fixed.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

There is a workaround for either steam or the website.
Maybe I do not understand what you mean, but if you are able to play through either one, then copying and pasting files should give you less download.

If you are copying from the website to steam, (aka steam seems to be the problem but you can play fine through the webpage) then you will need to log into steam and in the library right click theHunter, choose properties, local files, uninstall game.
Exit steam and copy theHunter files from C:\Program Files (x86)\theHunter to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\theHunter

then start up steam and tell it to install.. if done right, it should look for already installed files first, and only patch, and get steam only related files.

It is supposed to work opposite also

As per Tod1d post, maybe this will help explain it ?

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 86#p845695
rb42
Spotter

Post by rb42 »

Thank you for putting the free DLC into Steam!

As with most f2p this should prevent theHunter from disappearing from the Library page when it isn't currently installed.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Kraftyk wrote:
HOSSEIN.D wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Must be something with your system or Steam account. All went smooth for me, both Steam or Web versions.
- Verify the game files

Kraftyk wrote:The update was great but you did not address the launcher, yet you put out the new membership bundles only available through thehunter launcher and we still have to do a full download and so far I've tried it 5 times and still can't get it to update even with the full launch so the new memberships are not available to me. It seems you should have fixed the launcher before you offered something only available through it. I have two computers of which both are high end gaming computers and it will not work on either one of them. Getting very frustrated with thehunter not fixing the launcher that you need to play the game. Yes I can play through Steam but the new membership bundles were not available through steam.

And about the new bundles in steam. Those 3 new bundles is available in steam right now:

theHunter - Duck Hunter:

theHunter - Deer Hunter:
Those are not the ones that I was talking about. They had membership extentions that they posted were only available through the website and not through steam. Just stinks that the launcher doesn't work right. I've used up a bunch of our data usage for the last 3 months trying to get it to work. They keep saying they are working on it but instead every update is about new crap and the launcher never gets mentioned or fixed.

If you open the game web-site page (Logged-in) there you can get what you want at the store.
the Launcher page isn't needed to be opened unless you try to play.
If you get the membership extensions that you want, then it will also be connected to your STEAM account,
which you can play on STEAM. But they have to be connected with each other first in order to work right.

If you cannot open the game web-site page then you have to re-install the entire game in order to make it work right.
It is best done with a clean un-install, do not leave any previous files of the Hunter in the c-drive and restart your computer before starting to download the game.

The game files will not make the install work right if that is the problem, even if copied from STEAM files.
(the game files are for version updates/patches on the game itself and will repair only that,
and the launcher files for STEAM is different than the web-sites and will not work on each other).
So the newest version web-site launcher files should always be installed when first downloading the game re-install.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

I read in the update that you are planning something for the hunter in the next few months and i hope you to give your best but i have one question and i would like a straight serious answer because my lisence is going to expire and i want to renew, i love the game , i support it as much as i can but i dont know if its worth it or not right now.

hypothetically speaking:
Feb 16 is the release date of CoW lets hypothetically say that 40-50% of the hunter classic players move to the new one*, how the hunter classic is about to survive/make releases/or be mentained with a 40-50 or even 30% income reduction (because there will be income reduction for sure)?Right now you have the troops to release something, what would happen right after. Also you say that you have plans for the half+ year, how can you be sure since you dont know if you will have the troops(money) to move on?

* + those ones who will be scared to spend more money in the hunter classic.
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

Kraftyk wrote:
HOSSEIN.D wrote:
- Verify the game files

theHunter - Duck Hunter:

theHunter - Deer Hunter:
watch this and you will be able to log in through the website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmLzHV7CTo
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

therisths wrote:I read in the update that you are planning something for the hunter in the next few months and i hope you to give your best but i have one question and i would like a straight serious answer because my lisence is going to expire and i want to renew, i love the game , i support it as much as i can but i dont know if its worth it or not right now.

hypothetically speaking:
Feb 16 is the release date of CoW lets hypothetically say that 40-50% of the hunter classic players move to the new one*, how the hunter classic is about to survive/make releases/or be mentained with a 40-50 or even 30% income reduction (because there will be income reduction for sure)?Right now you have the troops to release something, what would happen right after. Also you say that you have plans for the half+ year, how can you be sure since you dont know if you will have the troops(money) to move on?

* + those ones who will be scared to spend more money in the hunter classic.
Really good question and definitely the one I've heard a lot in the last couple of months. I am not sure where the forecast of 30% income reduction is coming from but I am confident that theHunter Classic will continue to stay relevant and attractive to the community for years to come, alongside our bigger (or, in some respects, smaller) brother, theHunter: Call of the Wild. The reason is that we offer different hunting experience with a deeper gameplay and around-gameplay features, significantly more content, established and passionate community that has time and money invested into the game and strong personal bonds with each other. After 9 years theHunter Classic is bigger than a game, at least for many of us.

Another thing is that we have an exciting roadmap ahead including some things that we have never done before, and the team is on fire.

Yet another thing is that theHunter: Call of the Wild simply has too high hardware requirement for a large percentage of our community. Sure, some people will leave for theHunter: Call of the Wild, some people will play both games, some people will stick to theHunter Classic. But all in all, I don't see any real danger or serious competition for theHunter Classic in the long run.

Having said that, of course, no one can ever be sure about anything long-term in game development, things change all the time, that's why we always make a roadmap for 6 months at the longest.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Alena Rybik wrote:.... passionate community that has time and money invested into the game and strong personal bonds with each other. After 9 years theHunter Classic is bigger than a game, at least for many of us.
Very well said! And very true! :)
Spoiler:

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Alena Rybik wrote:that's why we always make a roadmap for 6 months at the longest.
and what is planned for the next 6 months? :mrgreen: :shock:
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

"After 9 years theHunter Classic is bigger than a game, at least for many of us." This statement is exactly how I feel!

By dumb luck I stumbled across theHunter in 2012. After playing the game for short while I was lost when it came to a few things so I came to the forums looking for help. When I started interacting with the community I knew this was more just the average game. Even though at times there are issues within the community it is still the best I have seen. I've made many friends along the way and hope to make many more! I hope that CoTW will have a community as strong and supportive as Classic has had.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”