Game crash just now, "An error"...

Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Game update 18th of January

Post by Radamus »

This is the first to come to mind when I saw the dog pack update -
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74884
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Radamus wrote:This is the first to come to mind when I saw the dog pack update -
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74884
That dog looks adorable :)
TazDevil13

Post by TazDevil13 »

HooCairs wrote:So I looked at the new things.

Binocular animations improvements --> Cannot see what changed. Why not give us more details? The raising of the binos was slowed down a few weeks ago already. I don't like it.

Huntermate animations improvements --> Switching is now slower. An improvement for whom exactly? I don't like it.

Crows --> Can be heard in the entire reserve (lower parts). Sounds are way too loud and also unrealistic. Real crows sound different. I hate these bird sounds that follow you everywhere. Timbergold now has the same issue than Hirschfelden with its ever quacking geese. Please consider toning them down.

Dog backpack --> do these exist IRL for hunting dogs? Regardless, I won't use one.

All in all a bad update, the first in a long time after many good ones.
I totally agree with HooCairs about the animations. It looks to me that nothing has changed with the binoculars and now the Huntermate is real slow and the animations don't look real. With the Huntermate it now appears that when you click on a call it comes up slower and then flips to the left, then center and then finds the call. If it flipped any harder it would drop out of your hand. I got a feeling that the code was changed on the Huntermate instead of the binoculars. I don't know about the other things as I don't own a dog and I rarely hunt TGT.
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hello,

On the topic of animations: In today´s Stream Alena has mentioned that one of the Devs is actually working on a comparison video to better visualize the animations. We hope we can release it in next weeks Status Update.

Cheers,

Stefan
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
I just tried to reproduce it and got the same error message. Please try to restart the launcher, it worked for me.
Now I get the "There is a problem with the Launcher- it stopped working" Windows will search for a solution. Then it closes off. This is at the welcome screen with the lady and moose. So I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe a reinstall is called for? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS- Thanks for replying, Alena.
It worked for me after a couple of closing down-reopening launcher cycles. I also got that message abour Windows searching for solution, but I just kept on. There seems to be some weird loop. Let me know how it goes for you.
I took the plunge and did a complete reinstall- issue solved. Thanks, Alena. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Thanks for update, have been waiting for one for quite a long time. Can't understand what good brings changing HM and binoculars animation. Great for fixed bugs. I have no intention to buy a dog backpack since my dogs don't appear in mp games, unless I'm not the host. Can we expect looking into that problem any soon?
Nice idea with crows, they surely help to find carcasses faster, although it doesn't affect wolf spawns. Maybe their sound could be improved, seems a bit unnatural as it is now.
Looking forward to the next update, good luck.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Longmann wrote:Thanks for update, have been waiting for one for quite a long time. Can't understand what good brings changing HM and binoculars animation. Great for fixed bugs. I have no intention to buy a dog backpack since my dogs don't appear in mp games, unless I'm not the host. Can we expect looking into that problem any soon?
Nice idea with crows, they surely help to find carcasses faster, although it doesn't affect wolf spawns. Maybe their sound could be improved, seems a bit unnatural as it is now.
We are looking into that problem but can not reproduce it. Can you please send as many details as possible to our QA manager Dennis?
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

Nice idea with the additional backpack. Unfortunately, I have no interest in a dog.
How about an obedient and silent mule? I would buy that... :D
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Longmann wrote:Thanks for update, have been waiting for one for quite a long time. Can't understand what good brings changing HM and binoculars animation. Great for fixed bugs. I have no intention to buy a dog backpack since my dogs don't appear in mp games, unless I'm not the host. Can we expect looking into that problem any soon?
We are looking into that problem but can not reproduce it. Can you please send as many details as possible to our QA manager Dennis?
Thanks for your suggestion, I will send him a pm with all the details. Appreciate your effort.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”