The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game update 18th of January

Post by BuiuRei »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
I just tried to reproduce it and got the same error message. Please try to restart the launcher, it worked for me.
Now I get the "There is a problem with the Launcher- it stopped working" Windows will search for a solution. Then it closes off. This is at the welcome screen with the lady and moose. So I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe a reinstall is called for? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS- Thanks for replying, Alena.
It worked for me after a couple of closing down-reopening launcher cycles. I also got that message abour Windows searching for solution, but I just kept on. There seems to be some weird loop. Let me know how it goes for you.
I had it once and then on the second run it did a different patch and it worked.
But of course each one gets a result, as usual.
Spoiler:
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Bear targets are still broken at the Archery Addictions range at Redfeathers Falls.

Nice update though.
Spoiler:
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Nice new animations.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Burrow Dog, nice new modified animal that can carry a pack......
I'll admit this is a first for me of hearing about this for hunting dogs.
This is extreme silliness... but hey, whatever brings home the bacon.... :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BuiuRei wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Now I get the "There is a problem with the Launcher- it stopped working" Windows will search for a solution. Then it closes off. This is at the welcome screen with the lady and moose. So I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe a reinstall is called for? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS- Thanks for replying, Alena.
It worked for me after a couple of closing down-reopening launcher cycles. I also got that message abour Windows searching for solution, but I just kept on. There seems to be some weird loop. Let me know how it goes for you.
I had it once and then on the second run it did a different patch and it worked.
But of course each one gets a result, as usual.
I'm able to get through the "lady, Moose" pic fine- it says "TheHunter is ready to play". Get to the next -"start New Hunt" page and then I get "the Launcher is updating", then "READY..." and it sits there and does nothing- stuck on between 98% and 99% complete- have left it alone now for 50 mins and it does nothing... :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MAINEiac
Scout

Post by MAINEiac »

Having same issue with launcher as BCKidd
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

@BCKidd. Close the launcher and reopen it. Keep doing that, even if it crashes, until it finally completes. I had to restart the launcher at least 6 times until it finally finished correctly. I also rebooted my computer twice in that span of launcher openings. It eventually completed after several browser crashes, errors from EW, and halts without any error whatsoever. So keep trying. It can't hurt to try because you're dead in the water anyway.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

MAINEiac wrote:Having same issue with launcher as BCKidd
Glad to know it isn't only me, having these issues.
JimboCrow wrote:@BCKidd. Close the launcher and reopen it. Keep doing that, even if it crashes, until it finally completes. I had to restart the launcher at least 6 times until it finally finished correctly. I also rebooted my computer twice in that span of launcher openings. It eventually completed after several browser crashes, errors from EW, and halts without any error whatsoever. So keep trying. It can't hurt to try because you're dead in the water anyway.
Thanks JimboC, I tried that over and over, deciding to go the alternate route- "reinstall entire game". Hopefully that will work. :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MAINEiac
Scout

Post by MAINEiac »

thanks Jimbo. 6 tries and 2 restarts and it finally went through.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

So I looked at the new things.

Binocular animations improvements --> Cannot see what changed. Why not give us more details? The raising of the binos was slowed down a few weeks ago already. I don't like it.

Huntermate animations improvements --> Switching is now slower. An improvement for whom exactly? I don't like it.

Crows --> Can be heard in the entire reserve (lower parts). Sounds are way too loud and also unrealistic. Real crows sound different. I hate these bird sounds that follow you everywhere. Timbergold now has the same issue than Hirschfelden with its ever quacking geese. Please consider toning them down.

Dog backpack --> do these exist IRL for hunting dogs? Regardless, I won't use one.

All in all a bad update, the first in a long time after many good ones.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”