Game Update 14th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Game Update 14th December 2016

Post by JamboWhoDat »

tbug wrote:
HooCairs wrote:@Alena: Do you happen to know if we can now expect to see "Grey" grizzly bears in the statistics? I am sure I have shot many of them, in the game they are different from the common.

They have a texture of 1 which is why the statistics show them as common. Perhaps they should have a texture of 12 like grey fox.
Perhaps it's just an old common bear. According to Goldie-locks, there is papa bear, mama bear, and baby bear. It makes sense there would be grand pappy bear and grand meemaw bear too.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

<<Clue dropping reduction on Timbergold Trails – should fix the “disappearing tracks”>>

Mostly I'm happy about the update except for this.
With tracks as far apart as on other maps and the thick undergrowth and long grass on TgT tracking will become a nightmare.
I will most likely completly stop tracking non-injured animals and will use only very strong guns, while also taking the scent dog with me all the time.

I never had a problem with disappearing tracks as long as I didn't pick up any clues from another animal. I was pleasantly surprised that running around in circles to find the next track was less often necessary on TgT than on other maps.

As a compromise I would have suggested to have the white tailed ptarmigans leaving no tracks at all. With their migration behaviour these birds are already hunted mostly by sound and their tracks are redundant.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

The wolves are like in game of thrones now! lol
ProGearHunter
Tracker

Post by ProGearHunter »

Thx alot !
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Manu5Ahau wrote:The wolves are like in game of thrones now! lol
I thought the wolves were fine as is. It was the coyotes that needed to be made smaller.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

"◾Investigating patching issues" Does this mean the current update needs a full game install, or is this a non-client update?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DHRifleman wrote:"◾Investigating patching issues" Does this mean the current update needs a full game install, or is this a non-client update?
I had a 50 MB download on Steam, so it seems you will have to update the client - and we all know what this could mean to Non-Steam users. I keep my fingers crossed for you guys...
Image Image Image
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:"◾Investigating patching issues" Does this mean the current update needs a full game install, or is this a non-client update?
I had a 50 MB download on Steam, so it seems you will have to update the client - and we all know what this could mean to Non-Steam users. I keep my fingers crossed for you guys...
Thanks for the info, would be good if they said if it was up as an patch, or full install. I know the last patch was a forced full install for all, previously it was only a full install for those with failed patches.
I guess I will see when I go and start the launcher.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DHRifleman wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Thanks for the info, would be good if they said if it was up as an patch, or full install. I know the last patch was a forced full install for all, previously it was only a full install for those with failed patches.
I guess I will see when I go and start the launcher.
Patch worked for me on both Web and Steam installs (no full download). The web download and patch only took about 1 minute (10 Mbps download speed).

Good luck.
Personal Bests...
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

The crashes on TT are still not fixed, I've had one now while trying to acces inventory :(

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”