Game Update 14th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Game Update 14th December 2016

Post by caledonianblues »

Can anyone else please confirm if they are still experiencing crashes on Timbergold Trails? Thanks.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

What I am experiencing for sure is chaotic snowshoe hare tracking.
Can't even describe it; hares that take forever to catch up running even though you have the smallest possible circle on the huntermate, what should be fleeing tracks are sometimes poop tracks, among other issues.
Please someone (anyone but prefferably dev) take a look at it and see for yourself.
Spoiler:
TheColonel

Post by TheColonel »

Apparently this update doesn't let steam start my game. Worked fine yesterday. I had to download the game through steam because the launcher downloaded from the website wouldn't allow updates to get past 50%, I started a support thing and never heard back, now this. I'm regretting paying money for this game.
Tripsalot
Scout

Post by Tripsalot »

caledonianblues wrote:Can anyone else please confirm if they are still experiencing crashes on Timbergold Trails? Thanks.
Yes, I can. I started 7 hunts today and every one crashed. The first 6 when I clicked on an animal to harvest it, and the last one when I opened the map. The first 6, I got a dxdiag thingy, and the last was just a black screen, but the hunt was ended.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

BuiuRei wrote:Please someone (anyone but prefferably dev) take a look at it and see for yourself.
I will take a look, but are you saying this was introduced as part of the patch today?
TheColonel wrote:Apparently this update doesn't let steam start my game. Worked fine yesterday.
I've just launched a game via Steam, and it worked fine. Are you sure the game isn't still updating in the background? What happens when you try to start the game? Does the launcher open? If so, what version does it show across the top left? It should show v803 | v2016121301 | STEAM.
TheColonel

Post by TheColonel »

TheColonel wrote:Apparently this update doesn't let steam start my game. Worked fine yesterday.
caledonianblues wrote:I've just launched a game via Steam, and it worked fine. Are you sure the game isn't still updating in the background? What happens when you try to start the game? Does the launcher open? If so, what version does it show across the top left? It should show v803 | v2016121301 | STEAM.
The game has completely finished updating, I made sure of it, I have several games on Steam. When trying to launch it has a pop-up that says the hunter is trying to launch with steam, accept to continue or cancel. I accept, same message pops up. Restarting my computer and will see if that helps.[/quote]
Last edited by Hawkeye on December 14th, 2016, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
hunter_cocal
Tracker

Post by hunter_cocal »

caledonianblues wrote:Can anyone else please confirm if they are still experiencing crashes on Timbergold Trails? Thanks.
I started in TGT and after 1 hour the game crashed while accessing the inventory without error code
DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter »

hunter_cocal wrote:thanks for update, But my game keeps crashes in TGT
Treedweller wrote:The crashes on TT are still not fixed, I've had one now while trying to acces inventory
Tripsalot wrote: I started 7 hunts today and every one crashed. The first 6 when I clicked on an animal to harvest it, and the last one when I opened the map. The first 6, I got a dxdiag thingy, and the last was just a black screen, but the hunt was ended.
hunter_cocal wrote:I started in TGT and after 1 hour the game crashed while accessing the inventory without error code
Wow, all of that doesn't sound very promising to me, I wonder if I should start avoiding that map like the plague.
Clue dropping reduction on Timbergold Trails – should fix the “disappearing tracks”
In other words you changed it from "impossible" to track into "very hard to track" on a map that already makes tracking rather hard in many spots. Sorry, but that's not an acceptable fix and I don't think I'm being unfair here. As a temporary fix I can live with it, but not as a final fix. There seems to be a serious technical underlining issue that you guys seem to unable to solve for that specific map, can we start to be more open about what that issue is? How can it be that this specific map suddenly causes crashes for people who haven't had crashes for weeks or months. Personally I think it's related to the size of the map and the graphics update, I sense serious memory usage/conflict issues. Can we start to be more open about it, instead of running around the bush? Thank you.
Alena Rybik wrote:We've fixed a couple of crashes (including the one related to fast-travelling), it will be included in the next patch some time this week.
It was never mentioned in the update notes that the fast travel issue was fixed, so is it truly fixed or not (yet)?
Last edited by DarkMatter on December 14th, 2016, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunter_cocal
Tracker

Post by hunter_cocal »

DarkMatter wrote:
hunter_cocal wrote:thanks for update, But my game keeps crashes in TGT
Treedweller wrote:The crashes on TT are still not fixed, I've had one now while trying to acces inventory
Tripsalot wrote: I started 7 hunts today and every one crashed. The first 6 when I clicked on an animal to harvest it, and the last one when I opened the map. The first 6, I got a dxdiag thingy, and the last was just a black screen, but the hunt was ended.
hunter_cocal wrote:I started in TGT and after 1 hour the game crashed while accessing the inventory without error code
Wow, all of that doesn't sound very promising to me, I wonder if I should start avoiding that map like the plague.
The problem does seem not to affect most of the players, maybe you're luckier than us :)
Last edited by hunter_cocal on December 14th, 2016, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter »

hunter_cocal wrote:The problem does seem not to affect most of the players, maybe you're luckier than us
I had alt-TAB crashes on that map (they claim that it's solved, but some people still mention that it isn't, so I keep playing in windowed mode) and 4 fast travel crashes (I wasted about 10 camping supplies) that were supposed to be fixed in this update, but it wasn't mentioned in the update notes. So no, I'm not a lucky one either. I played this game without any crash for like 400 hours, until the wolf update arrived... then all hell broke lose.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”