Game Update 8th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 8th December 2016

Post by Deconstructed »

maros.kuzar wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:Ok this patch is kind of disaster. We no longer have black bears (or all xy bears I saw were brown fur variation), give us Black bears back. IMO even though new model looks more realistic, textures are way off.
I have had both, there are indeed black black bears.
It is kind of hard to believe. I have seen 7 and not a single one was black... They were just plain brown, nothing else (that means without grey-ish nose that many black bears tend to have?).
You can see both chocolate and black taken in my last hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/deco ... n/67980162
Margarita888
Spotter

Post by Margarita888 »

Results of my bear hunt in readfeather falls:
The second bear I shot, black, first being a cinnamon:
The next one was a glacier, then this blonde trophy scoring 22:
I think the black bear is unreasonably big in the game, do they realy get this huge?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814686998/
The black bear model looks the best from the 3 bears. It's not perfect but reads more as a bear, than the previous one. I think the ragdoll and the details of the paws and mouth were slightly better on the old bears.

Edit: this is strange, the blonde bear has a very different head shape than the black one!
Spoiler:
Margarita, EHR hunter since 2012.
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

They also vocalize, but doesn't pick up on the huntermate. I actually shot one by just following the noise, and it did spook about the same distance as usual.

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I didn't update after the wolf update and now instead of 2 patches it says I am downloading the entire game which now says it is 8.65 Gb. Was the compression changed because this seems like a lot for the 13 Gb uncompressed in the hunter folder.
Even though I am downloading between 2 and 3 Mb a sec, it will take quite a while.
It stopped at 46%, and started over.
I closed the launcher and started over, and now see in the previous game update thread that you must leave it to do it over and over and eventually it should complete the download and install.
I also see that it lies about the size of the download, What is up with all the problems downloading and installing the game?
Is this just to force everyone over to steam so they can also get the new game when it is released?
I figured this game would stay active as long as it can support itself which should be for a while, but I am having my doubts now.

Please stop work on everything, and fix the actually patching system. I know different people do different things but until the game can be patched correctly and easily, all the other work is for nothing. Have the others go work on CotW while the patching system is finally fixed for good.
Last edited by DHRifleman on December 8th, 2016, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

the black bear won't stop moaning, he probably moaned 35-45 times while i was duck hunting i counted to 30 but lost track after some ducks flew by, but it sounded like he did it ten more times wth only a 15 second break in the middle

he just wouldnt stop!

[edit] he just started again i would say he has done this 60 times (1 minute after last moans)

[edit] how do i follow the noise if there isnt any use of senses on virtuality or huntermate?
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

baloo.the.dog wrote:how do i follow the noise if there isnt any use of senses on virtuality or huntermate
I've had no problem finding the direction with surround sound speakers. The sounds becomes louder and more distinct when facing the bear.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

baloo.the.dog wrote:how do i follow the noise if there isnt any use of senses on virtuality or huntermate
Use stereo headphones and you are able to hear from which direction and range a call/animal comes.
If an animal is in range <40m i can normally with closed eyes exactly say at which direction and distance (40/30/20/10m) the animal is.
Now offline. Forever.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

For me no crash after patch. Thanks.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Yeah, you were right guys, I just shot my first true black black bear :D I guess I just had bad luck? :D

EDIT: Just one question (and I am sorry if it was already ansvered)

Do bears now "cry" when wounded? I shot one at my feeder (btw it is empty for few months now and I still get 3-5 bears there) and since then I constantly hear that moan. Does it mean he is still alive and in pain, or is it just a normal sound they do and I hear it constantly just because there are few bears around? Thanks ;-)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

The sound of bears is messed up right now, it will be fixed in the patch next week.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”